• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/11/08

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs. Man Utd | Premier League | 8/11/08 | 12:45

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.oleole.com/blogs/tales-from-gillespie-road/posts/he-scores-with-his-left-he-scores-with-his-right" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oleole.com/blogs/tales-from- ... -his-right</a>

Thought it was a brilliant game, we thoroughly deserved the win. Really don't think we committed 20 fouls to Manchester United's 8. And Howard Webb is supposed to be the top ref in the country?

ricky1985

Established Member

Nice write up Rock.

I think most of us on some level knew that 'our' Arsenal wasnt gonna go down like that, and that something, something big would happen....and it did.

....The legend of Samir Nasri is born.

Tony Montana

Established Member

@RTC

How does that tune go?

"He scores with his left, he scores with his riiiiiight...."

True Gooner

Established Member

"...that boy Samir Nasri makes Ronaldo look ****e?" :lol:

Nice write up RtC

RocktheCasbah

Established Member

"Arsène Wenger's Magic Hat" Tony.

Not that anyone was singing it yesterday, but they should have been..

"Samir Nasri's magic,
He wears a magic hat,
He plays for Arsenal football club
He's such a lovely chap,
He scores with his left foot,
He scores with his right
And when he plays United,
He scores all f'cking night!"

Cruisio

Established Member

Haha, thats a great song. We need some of these to really start catching on, along with the Theo one

Cruisio

Established Member

An alternative is though....

"Samir Nasri's magic
He wears a magic hat
And when he saw Utd
He said i'm loving that
I'll score them with my left foot
I'll score them with my right
Twist up Gary Neville
Cos he is f**king ****e"

Courtesy of No. 8 Wright

_scorpion_

Established Member

dos1986 said:
_scorpion_ said:
Only worrying issue for me was how niave we were when leading 2 nil with under 10 minutes to go. We didnt waste enough time with the ball. Sagna and Touré need to learn to take the ball to the corner and not take long shots or run directly at oppositon. We need to be smarter.

I hate that attitude!!!

Waste time :roll:

Its a game ffs.

You should always look to score, not hold the ball in the corner flag like a ****

Until we learn how to put teams to teh sword with a 3rd or 4th goal we have zero business attempting to attack with 3 minutes left on the clock in injury time, leading the champions 2-1 at ome.

What happened at Sp**s was stupid.

You can waste time by simly keeping possession (something we generally do well) - it does not impy running to the corner flag all the time.

Sagna had no business taling a long ranger when he did....Toure should have known better too.

Until we learn from the mistakes that cost us points in the past we won't change.

In any case, we won so I'm happy. I hope we learn a lot from the last 4 matches we have played. The major lesson being that you must fight for the right to win matches, just like we did against United. It shouldnt take our backs pinned firmly against the wall before the team sums up the correct attitude to win matches. The hunger to win the title should be more than enough.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Aynbody found or made a .gif of our second goal, I'd really like to have it as background of the screen on my mobile phone.
I tried to find some programmes to do it myself, but they all suck.
Thanks!

DC Gunner

Established Member

Thommybhoy said:
Aynbody found or made a .gif of our second goal, I'd really like to have it as background of the screen on my mobile phone.
I tried to find some programmes to do it myself, but they all suck.
Thanks!
I have been trying to find something like that, but no luck

Mostarac

Established Member

Caught only about 60 minutes of the match as I spent almost whole of Saturday travelling back home. Great performance for once and it was really a pleasure to see Nasri play his best match so far for us. This win could revitalise our season now for sure, but it all depends on our players. If they continue to show the will and desire to win like last night, we will do very well. Another thing which was ****ing annoying to see was Rooney clipping down Clichy and getting away with it of course while the useless Webb was quick to sanction our players for similar(or softer) tackles.

qs

Established Member

_scorpion_ said:
dos1986 said:
_scorpion_ said:
Only worrying issue for me was how niave we were when leading 2 nil with under 10 minutes to go. We didnt waste enough time with the ball. Sagna and Touré need to learn to take the ball to the corner and not take long shots or run directly at oppositon. We need to be smarter.

I hate that attitude!!!

Waste time :roll:

Its a game ffs.

You should always look to score, not hold the ball in the corner flag like a ****

Until we learn how to put teams to teh sword with a 3rd or 4th goal we have zero business attempting to attack with 3 minutes left on the clock in injury time, leading the champions 2-1 at ome.

What happened at Sp**s was stupid.

You can waste time by simly keeping possession (something we generally do well) - it does not impy running to the corner flag all the time.

Sagna had no business taling a long ranger when he did....Touré should have known better too.

Until we learn from the mistakes that cost us points in the past we won't change.

I'd have to agree with that. I was very disappointed that we looked to have learned nothing from the Sp**s match.

JazzG

Established Member

Andy Gray was talking today about how Wenger was saying going into the corner is negative and how our players always want to play the ball. If true then he needs to get his ****ing head checked. Going so high up the pitch and losing possession like we do is nothing short of scandalous and just like the end of last season I think we will struggle to hold onto leads especially against better sides who will fight until the end. Thierry Henry used to always run into the corner at the end of matches, even if you don't do that, just knock it about in midfield, go down the flanks, go back to your keeper etc etc. We haven't got the defensive setup to hold on against strong pressure and until that is sorted we need to patch up the problems in our side in a different way.

Pádraig

I'm pretty sure Arsenal's form of late knocked a few years off my life expectancy but after that victory over United I think it's time I got back to following the team like a stalker once again.

Fire up the news sites, I'm back and ready to spout more ****!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Jazz: That's just a deliberate misinterpretation of Wenger's press conference by Gray, obviously. Wenger said, quoted here:

On playing out six minutes of injury time…
"I felt ‘that’s a very long time’. Just before they scored the fourth official told me it was going to be six minutes and I asked him if he was sure, what’s that? I have never played six minutes here.

"I personally would have preferred it if they had gone to the corner flag. I prefer that to passing the ball around in our own half with three minutes to go. We would prefer to have a positive attitude in the other half of the pitch. I want them first to be in the other half of the pitch then they are as close to the corner flag as possible.

"You always have to be cautious though because on day when we played Chelsea it was 2-2 and Kanu had the ball. I told him to go to the corner flag but he didn’t listen and he went and scored the third and we won 3-2. If the players have the quality then they always find the right answer."

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

And if it's not true and/or was taken out of context then Andy Gray can go **** himself. In fact, he should just do it anyway.

EDIT: Klaus may have been beaten me to the punch there.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Jazz: That's just a deliberate misinterpretation of Wenger's press conference by Gray, obviously. Wenger said, quoted here:

"I felt ‘that’s a very long time’. Just before they scored the fourth official told me it was going to be six minutes and I asked him if he was sure, what’s that? I have never played six minutes here.

"I personally would have preferred it if they had gone to the corner flag. I prefer that to passing the ball around in our own half with three minutes to go. We would prefer to have a positive attitude in the other half of the pitch. I want them first to be in the other half of the pitch then they are as close to the corner flag as possible.

"You always have to be cautious though because on day when we played Chelsea it was 2-2 and Kanu had the ball. I told him to go to the corner flag but he didn’t listen and he went and scored the third and we won 3-2. If the players have the quality then they always find the right answer."

Quite the opposite of what Gray said.

And to be fair we could have finished this game off had Bendtner made the right decision, Bendtner should have played Cesc in when we were on counter in stoppage time, and it would have been 3-1 game over, instead Bendnter went for glory.

I have no problem going for the goal, if the opportunity is there, but if you do you have to make it count.

dos1986

Established Member

JazzG said:
Andy Gray was talking today about how Wenger was saying going into the corner is negative and how our players always want to play the ball. If true then he needs to get his f****g head checked. Going so high up the pitch and losing possession like we do is nothing short of scandalous and just like the end of last season I think we will struggle to hold onto leads especially against better sides who will fight until the end. Thierry Henry used to always run into the corner at the end of matches, even if you don't do that, just knock it about in midfield, go down the flanks, go back to your keeper etc etc. We haven't got the defensive setup to hold on against strong pressure and until that is sorted we need to patch up the problems in our side in a different way.

^^^^^

That attitude is why football is dieing.

No one wants to pay £70 a game to see that $hit!!

Football is not a war, its not win at all costs, break a head to cross the finish line.

Would you start passing the ball between your Keeper and Defence in Pro Evo at the 80th min?

No you wouldnt, because its horrible and takes the enjoyment out of the game, thus less and less people keep watching.

JazzG

Established Member

I actually did do that in Pro Evo, I was playing on-line (that is right once every blue moon you can actually play it online) against a guy who was miles better than me and had been hammering me left right and centre all game long and somehow I had got a flukey lead but the last few minutes I just knocked it about and won the match. The reason I did that was because a few days earlier I was leading against some other guy who I was better than and ended up drawing so I decided to be a bit more smart in future games.

Now if our players started doing this in the 60th minute it is wrong but the 89th min there is nothing wrong at all in my opinion. Especially when defensively you are a shambles like us and against a side like Man utd who had missed a few good chances and were coming at us hard.

I wonder how you would of felt if Man utd had got back to 2-2 which could of very easily happened, I bet those guys who paid £70 would of happily paid another £70 to see one of those players run into the corner and protect the ball like their life depends on it. This current team is in no position to be knocking it about casually and throwing men forward late on because we struggle to keep teams out with all our men back so we are taking a huge gamble if 4 of them are caught high up the pitch.

Klaus Daimler said:

Fair enough and I was only going by what he said. I think he needs to enforce his views onto the side a bit more because after what happened in the Sp**s match to even risk it against Man utd is silly.

_scorpion_

Established Member

We could have finished the game off in the 90 allocated minutes (if we had the quality to do so as Arsène put it).

You don't take risks 3 minutes into a 6 minute injury time period!

That is called being niave. Especially against United who are notorious for late goals.

As long as we learn from it I'm happy - we got the points, great result. Lets hope it lifts the team now to aim up in all matches - not just meetings against top 4 sides.

If we happen to learn & imporve as the games go by I think most supporters will be pleased with that. You start to have a problem when the team thinks it has nothing to learn or it cannot better itself as a unit when clearly it can.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom