• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Sheffield Utd| Sunday 4th October 14:00| Sky Sports Main Event

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Of course all games are “must win”, but this one especially. I feel like this is a real indicator of what our season will be like. A loss here will make me lose hope in the team already.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we wanna add some sauce to proceedings:
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Xhaka Saka
Willian/Pepe Laca Auba

We basically played 4 42 last game,but I doubt he will risk it. I can't see a move from a back 3, wouldn't be surprised to see Gabriel on the bench with Tierney at lcb.

I'd like to see the back 4 you named but a midfield 4 in front of:

AMN-----Elneny-------Ceballos-------Saka

-------------Pepe-----------Auba

Give Saka the freedom to advance and instruct AMN to tuck in with Pepe the freedom to go where he wants.

Think of the roles we had against Liverpool. Auba next to Pepe instead of Nketiah.
AMN instead of Willock.
Tierney instead of Kola.
Luiz instead of Holding.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Nice and easy, don't complicate matters. This is an inferior team to us in every way and the fact they had a good season last year shouldn't blind us to that.

Press them high, force them into errors, punish them. Score early and then dismantle them. they have nothing going up front so once we go ahead it's game over.

Kill the game in the first half. Don't stand back to see what they will do, they will do nothing. Take the game to them, score in the first 10 minutes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is a knife edge game, we desperately need the 3 points . . . with City, Leicester and United around the corner.

Draw or lose this and things could go south very quickly. At the moment Arteta is the only good thing about this club. If we drop like a stone I don't trust this board not to throw him under a bus.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I couldn't care less what Everton or Leicester are doing, we don't desperately need those 3 points, we just need to take whats ours.
no this loser mentality many on here are desperately trying to make Arsenal's norm

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This game will be taking place in torrential rain. I hope you have all factored this into your hopes, dreams, expectations and betting accumulators.

You may want to park any aspirations of “winning by two goals minimum playing prime Wengerball” for this particular game.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nice and easy, don't complicate matters. This is an inferior team to us in every way and the fact they had a good season last year shouldn't blind us to that.
You've obviously missed the West Ham match. Just like with every other game for the rest of the season, we'll be lucky to get anything with the way we play, even against nothing teams like this.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This game will be taking place in torrential rain. I hope you have all factored this into your hopes, dreams, expectations and betting accumulators.

You may want to park any aspirations of “winning by two goals minimum playing prime Wengerball” for this particular game.
This. Will be a slog in the mud match, no matter how expensive the drainage system, as Storm Alex pummels London. No pretty football here. Blood and guts all the way.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Get Guendouzi and Özil back in the squad, we've absolutely f*cked this window and keeping them out now is pointless.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This. Will be a slog in the mud match, no matter how expensive the drainage system, as Storm Alex pummels London. No pretty football here. Blood and guts all the way.
The big question us: What type of luck will we require?
a) Wenger luck
b) Mikel luck
c) Lucky McLuck face from Luckington luck.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Get Guendouzi and Özil back in the squad, we've absolutely f*cked this window and keeping them out now is pointless.

Agreed...though I think Mes is being kept out due to a certain part of his wage being related to appearances and him being named on the bench, unsure if we will ever see him again.

Also...in addition to fake goal/team news in this thread, I would also like to see fake injuries and red cards from you today...let's really test this fanbase!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Agreed...though I think Mes is being kept out due to a certain part of his wage being related to appearances and him being named on the bench, unsure if we will ever see him again.

Also...in addition to fake goal/team news in this thread, I would also like to see fake injuries and red cards from you today...let's really test this fanbase!

You know what, I'd never wish an injury on an Arsenal player but if Elneny did a hamstring maybe we'd actually dip into the market?

Not wanting this, just going to think about it a lot over the 90 minutes.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It'll be interesting to see what tactics they employ against us. Will they push up and press or sit back, knowing we can sometimes falter on the creative front AND be vulnerable to counters. I hope we're good enough today to dictate to them what they choose.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
After the disappointing news regarding signings yesterday, a comprehensive win would be the perfect tonic.

If we can win comfortably, with players who we need to step up putting in good performances, we'll all feel bit better heading into the break.

COYG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom