• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wigan | 06/12/08

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan | EPL | 06/12/08 | 15:00

qs said:
outlaw_member said:
Eboue was shocking

He wasn't though.
Eboue was more than decent except for the last few minutes. The very second he made the first mistake every single idiot who's been making him a scapegoat for the lack of silverware in the last two years exploded, though. Then it just got worse. The last mistake was obviously the result of very low self-esteem. I wonder where that came from.

True Gooner

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
True Gooner said:
I really thought that Arsenal fans had more class than this, booing ones own player just because he played badly is the most disgusting thing I've seen.

It's not just because he player badly though, is it? It's frustration, accumulated over a year and a half of poor performances.

Still wrong.

Kain

Established Member

Did anyone get to see any sort of Post match interview from Wenger, if so what did he say?

patrick42uk

Established Member

I'm also angry with Wenger because, its true, what happened to Eboue was his fault and i hope he feels the guilt.

stiiphunn

Established Member

Alfonso said:
tactica442 said:
Seriously, some of the posters sound like baby sitters.

A few boos would make Eboue play like he was doing today?

You are joking.

How long you lot are going to defend players like kids?

EBoue HAS to be strong. Or he can f*** off. Period.

Exactly.
If you want to be pragmatic about this (and if you put aside the fact that booing your own player is ridiculous), then you should understand that the boos aren't helping Arsenal either - here's how it works: Eboue plays for Arsenal, you boo him, he loses his confidence, then he starts passing all over the place and then Arsenal suffers from it. Seriously how hard is it to understand that the boos are completly useless and hurt us far more than anything else?!?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

What happened to Eboue wasn't Wengers fault in any way. He had absolutely no confidence left and could have costed us the game. He had to be taken off. It was all about the supporters today. I'm ashamed of them.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Eboue on the wings is something that should have stopped a long time ago.

Meatwad

you can't complain about wenger's experiments and then complain when the paying fans get fed up with the play of the experiments and let the player know about it. they weren't just booing eboue, it was wenger as well. that was years of frustration bottled up. it built from the groaning every time he fukked up last season to now outright disgust. this is NOT worse than song @ fulham, alex was an 18/19 year old player trying to find his way and the fans were disgraceful. eboue is 25.

and the difference between clichy costing us and not being raked over the coals is that outside of those errors he's almost flawless in his approach to the game and in ability; gives his all and is completely professional. it's easy to associate lazy with tall lanky players even when they are giving max effort, but it's much harder to make that mistake with a player of eboue's size ... he just doesn't give it. you can count his brave actions on the pitch on one hand. and there is very little that's professional about him.

asajoseph

Established Member

Eboue was absolutely useless all game, and the booing really had nothing to do with his performance. In fact, he wasn't really barracked with any great vociferousness until he 'tackled' Fabregas, Wenger substituted him very soon after, and then there was a loud ironic cheer, followed by boos as he walked off.

There were a few groans here and there, but certainly nothing worth even writing about.

Anyway, he was playing abysmally - a couple of decent runs, but was offering absolutely nothing to the defence whatsoever.

henry79

eboue was shocking but its wenger's fault for bringing him on to play in wing even if he replaced him he should not replaced with a player who is much worse than eboue and is a disgrace, how can he bring on silvestre to play on the wing!! silvestre shouldnt even be in the team I want him gone in january.

banduan

Established Member

on a much more positive note, I appreciate the positional discipline of Song for this match.

King Puck Paddy

Klaus Daimler said:
What happened to Eboue wasn't Wengers fault in any way. He had absolutely no confidence left and could have costed us the game. He had to be taken off. It was all about the supporters today. I'm ashamed of them.

Wenger expected a natural right back to do a job on the left side of midfield in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

Yeah Wenger was completely blameless :roll:

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

stiiphunn said:
Alfonso said:
tactica442 said:

You are joking.

How long you lot are going to defend players like kids?

EBoue HAS to be strong. Or he can f*** off. Period.

Exactly.
If you want to be pragmatic about this (and if you put aside the fact that booing your own player is ridiculous), then you should understand that the boos aren't helping Arsenal either - here's how it works: Eboue plays for Arsenal, you boo him, he loses his confidence, then he starts passing all over the place and then Arsenal suffers from it. Seriously how hard is it to understand that the boos are completly useless and hurt us far more than anything else?!?

Too hard for some here Sti. Theres some people here so narrow minded you have to wonder how they get through the day

Rohit

Established Member

Good win and an important 3 points irrespective of the performance.

It is tough to condone the crowd's treatment of Eboue but it is now up to him to come back and prove a point.

It is disappointing though. I still remember the Henry's and Vieira's claiming how the crowd was one of the most important factors in keeping them here since they backed the team even were things went wrong. The fans' frustration is justified and evident but venting it out in a situation when the team needs a lift is not justified.

Sad, but what is important is the 3 points, wins in the next two weeks and we are right in it.

DC Gunner

Established Member

tactica442 said:

You are joking.
And some act like tough men behind keyboard, it happens.

Disgraceful behavior from a crowd that did not bother to cheer for their TEAM.

It was like a mausoleum until Eboue made mistakes, so much for Fandom.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

King Puck Paddy said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Wenger expected a natural right back to do a job on the left side of midfield in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

Yeah Wenger was completely blameless :roll:
Wenger is completely blameless to the fact that a whole ****ing football stadium boos its own player. And Eboue hasn't looked bad this season at all previous to his injury.

sesquioxide

Meatwad said:
you can't complain about wenger's experiments and then complain when the paying fans get fed up with the play of the experiments and let the player know about it. they weren't just booing eboue, it was wenger as well. that was years of frustration bottled up. it built from the groaning every time he fukked up last season to now outright disgust. this is NOT worse than song @ fulham, alex was an 18/19 year old player trying to find his way and the fans were disgraceful. eboue is 25.

Can they please save their booing till after the match????? Not when we are nervy and defending a 1-0 lead for 2 vital points with 5 minutes on the clock????

They can boo the hell out of Wenger and Eboue after the game. They can turn on the two of them by singing the * song or make monkey noises. Save it for after the d**ned game!

kanooo

We should have killed them off with our chances. Near the end I was praying it wouldn't be de ja vu again and getting ****ed.

Eboue (understandbly) had a stinker on the left. But I'm more surprised that Wenger chose to play Silvestre there when he came on. I thought he'd play at the back and move Clichy up.

Anyway, I'm just so relieved we won. Was hoping that at least Liverpool continue to drop points after they couldn't score for 69 minutes but too bad it wasn't to be.

I know it's a long shot for us to get back in the title race but at least it would be nice to see the teams above us dropping points a bit here and there.

King Puck Paddy

Klaus Daimler said:
Wenger is completely blameless to the fact that a whole f****g football stadium boos its own player. And Eboue hasn't looked bad this season at all previous to his injury.

My point is that Wenger should have never put Eboue into that situation in the first place,every Arsenal fan in the World was scratching their heads when Eboue came on as a direct replacement for Nasri.Its just not fair on the guy,where will he put him next upfront?

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom