• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wolves | November 11th | KO: 16:30 GMT|

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The CP draw told me we're in a race for fourth. If we draw this game, then I doubt our credentials for even making the top four.
You didn’t need the CP draw bro. Spending fifth, the most likely odds is you’ll finish somewhere between 3rd and 7th. And anything above 5th is good.

Finally realised, if I didn’t have squad cost, I’d have nothing else to say on here. Like the lad out with his mates whose got no small talk.

Let's play Aubamawang

A draw would be a loss here. The CP draw was fine but we can't afford another if we want to keep up with the pack.

This game won't be easy either, Wolves are the real deal. Hope the team come prepared and put up a good performance after the rather tame display we put out against Sporting.
I think we can fairly assume the drop in performance against Sporting had a lot to do with the traumatic injury to Welbz.

Hopefully the squad has had time to wish Danny well, so they can put it to the back of their minds and focus on football. We saw the impact Eduardo's injury had on our squad a few years ago, almost certainly cost us the title.

Being a bit of a control freak, I can't see any way that Emery would let something like that continue to eat away at the squad, so I'm going with a 3-0 win dedicated to Welbz. Lacazette, Özil and Aubameyang on the scoresheet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'll go with
Leno
Bellerin Holding Mustafi Monreal
Torreira Xhaka
Auba Özil Iwobi
Laca

ptrcopp

Can’t believe this match isn’t being televised in the UK.

Bet the guys who invented the rules of the game will be turning in their grave at the thought that their descendants would have to squint at an intermittent internet stream on a tiny iPad, whilst some dude in Abu Dhabi can sit in his hot tub with a beer, watching the match satellite streamed direct from England to his 70” OLED 4K HDR TV.

I’m getting really pissed off with this, so much so that I’m thinking about cancelling my Sky Sports and going back to streaming.
Now BT are in the game, if I wanted an actual choice of which games I’d watch across the weekend I would be paying £80/ month for the privilege. And they seem to have less games on TV now too. There’s not always an early Sat kick-off and not always a mon fixture. And the matches they’re putting on are ridiculous. Who as a neutral is going to tune in to Huddersfield-Fulham on a Monday evening if they’ve got a social offer?
A couple of seasons ago when BT and Sky were actually competing there was sometimes 6 games on: Fri eve (Sky), Sat midday (Sky), Sat eve (BT), Sun midday (BT/ Sky), Sun 2pm (Sky/ BT)) sun eve (Sky), Mon eve (Sky)
And I’m lucky if I can afford to go to more than a couple of matches in a season, let alone even get tickets for it.

It’s even worse for the league cup when there’s only one game on out of 16 and it’s a Premier league’s youth team against someone in league 2.

What benefit is there of the EPL/ EFL/ FA saying “if you want to watch football today you can but it has to be Cardiff vs Brighton”?

ThlRama

Player:Saka
What benefit is there of the EPL/ EFL/ FA saying “if you want to watch football today you can but it has to be Cardiff vs Brighton”?

They sell the more interesting games at absurd prices abroad, in some potentially bigger markets, such as the Chinese or American ones.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I’m getting really pissed off with this, so much so that I’m thinking about cancelling my Sky Sports and going back to streaming.
Now BT are in the game, if I wanted an actual choice of which games I’d watch across the weekend I would be paying £80/ month for the privilege. And they seem to have less games on TV now too. There’s not always an early Sat kick-off and not always a mon fixture. And the matches they’re putting on are ridiculous. Who as a neutral is going to tune in to Huddersfield-Fulham on a Monday evening if they’ve got a social offer?
A couple of seasons ago when BT and Sky were actually competing there was sometimes 6 games on: Fri eve (Sky), Sat midday (Sky), Sat eve (BT), Sun midday (BT/ Sky), Sun 2pm (Sky/ BT)) sun eve (Sky), Mon eve (Sky)
And I’m lucky if I can afford to go to more than a couple of matches in a season, let alone even get tickets for it.

It’s even worse for the league cup when there’s only one game on out of 16 and it’s a Premier league’s youth team against someone in league 2.

It’s ****.

Gonna have to clear a few weekends and get down to watch more live matches. Or emigrate to the States and have your choice of every match on NBC Sports Gold.

Wonder which is cheaper?

ptrcopp

They sell the more interesting games at absurd prices abroad, in some potentially bigger markets, such as the Chinese or American ones.

I don’t think they are selling them at ridiculous prices abroad because many markets abroad get many more games anyway, and early and midday kick-offs aren’t at time decent time to watch football at.
My guess would actually be that by limiting the number of games they supply to BT and Sky the greater the price of those games. But they would surely make more money if people could actually watch the games they wanted to, through increased subscriptions and advertising.

Last edited:

ptrcopp

It’s ****.

Gonna have to clear a few weekends and get down to watch more live matches. Or emigrate to the States and have your choice of every match on NBC Sports Gold.

Wonder which is cheaper?

I recently moved out of London so it would cost at least £120 as a round trip inc tickets, and that’s if I watch 75 min of the match before having to leave to get the last train from Waterloo. If I get a room for the night then I might even have to double that. Of course if we won I could probably stay out all night, but I’d still be looking at similar price in London! It would also be equiv. of a whole day out and I’d only be where I wanted to be for 2 hrs.
All in all, it’d probably be worth moving to the states...

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I recently moved out of London so it would cost at least £120 as a round trip inc tickets, and that’s if I watch 75 min of the match before having to leave to get the last train from Waterloo. If I get a room for the night then I might even have to double that. Of course if we won I could probably stay out all night, but I’d still be looking at similar price in London! It would also be equiv. of a whole day out and I’d only be where I wanted to be for 2 hrs.
All in all, it’d probably be worth moving to the states...
We bought a camper van a few years ago because we like going to Cornwall surfing. To watch Arsenal we drive to one of the London campsites, like Abbey Wood, get the train in and watch the match. Stay over night and drive back Sunday. Otherwise it is tricky if you live a long way.

3 weeks ago we drove the car to the London anti Brexit march and parked in an NCP at Notting Hill. Got back and car and had been vandalised. So not doing that again. Still haven’t got it back yet. Running round in a tiny courtesy car. :lol:

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Confident we will win this one. Probably start a little shaky and then slowly get into the game near the end of the first half. I fully expect us to give them a spanking in the second half. Ill go with a 4-1 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom