• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,728

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pepe even had a problem to hit the ball from a super chance, and it's not the first time from our players this season.

Also two crossbar shots. Referees having a mare (once again), and Xhaka gifting a goal.

You can't make this **** up.
Not only today but alot of times this season we have 15 shots but few on targets really frustrating Burnley who done f**k all had 5 shots on target from 9 ffs

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Not only today but alot of times this season we have 15 shots but few on targets really frustrating Burnley who done f**k all had 5 shots on target from 9 ffs

I'm pretty sure the Universe is guiding me to ditch following EPL for this season, it's just so ridiculous. It's just not the easiest thing to do. But surely I would have wiser things to do.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I'm pretty sure the Universe is guiding me to ditch following EPL for this season, it's just so ridiculous. It's just not the easiest thing to do. But surely I would have wiser things to do.
I'm just watching football because i love it but yeah the PL doing thier best to ruin it

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
True, but because of that Chelsea are without values or a philosophy.

I'm as frustrated about Arteta being our manager the same as most fans but, we have values at this club.
What are those values? Sacking the low paid staff in a crisis? Making big business out of big game hunting? Using a historic football club as your security for loans?

Yes, we have THOSE "values" at this club.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But if Xhaka didnt fvck up we would still be in the lead. Burnley would have had to come out more as opposed to 1-1. So it does affect the rest of the game despite the chances missed before. Mistakes like that will cause players' shoulders to drop. It shouldn't but it can. Especially when it comes from the same players over and over.

We had more than enough chances in the second half to score a winner. Our finishing and play in the final third in general has cost us more this season than Xhaka or the defence.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

True, but because of that Chelsea are without values or a philosophy.

I'm as frustrated about Arteta being our manager the same as most fans but, we have values at this club.

:lol: :lol:

This sounds like when people were against signing Luis Suarez because it didn’t match the ethical approach at the club.

You’re expecting us to pass up on a world class player because he’s not vegan.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

This sounds like when people were against signing Luis Suarez because it didn’t match the ethical approach at the club.

Or vardy because he was too brexit for Arsenal.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Fam literally the whole of this forum were against the signing of Suarez for ethical reasons, my boy @GDeep™ got demoted to the lobby because he was in favour of the move.

😂 That’s actually ridiculous. It doesnt surprise me too as our fans do come up with some weird stuff. Had Suarez took a chunk out of three more players, I still would have had him here.

He’s one of the dirtiest players in the game but he would have been our one.

RicFlairgrabsMickFoleysballs.gif

Our fans deserve ethical vegans like Bellerin.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

😂 That’s actually ridiculous. It doesnt surprise me too as our fans do come up with some weird stuff. Had Suarez took a chunk out of three more players, I still would have had him here.

He’s one of the dirtiest players in the game but he would have been our one.

RicFlairgrabsMickFoleysballs.gif

Our fans deserve ethical vegans like Bellerin.

Even now 8 years on, he looks like he could help deliver Atletico their first title in 7 years. Sick of us having just nice guys all over the pitch I want a ****, as long as they produce it doesn't matter to me.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

i just don't buy this, 'we played really well today' narrative? We scored early and ruined their game plan, great start. Then we sat and sat and sat and did **** all until we made a costly error. Okay sh*t happens we've got a full half to attack and score a few more.....

Then in the second half we did absolute f*ck all and they had the better chances and we looked like we'd score with 10 minutes to go but it was all too little top late.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Even now 8 years on, he looks like he could help deliver Atletico their first title in 7 years. Sick of us having just nice guys all over the pitch I want a ****, as long as they produce it doesn't matter to me.

I suggested him as a short term fix to replace Lacazette last summer especially as he was going for 5m.

He’s got 16 goals in 21 games in the La Liga this season and he doesn’t even look at his best too.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Probably the most anticipated win of any game this season bar Dundalk, and threre’s every reason to be positive—which is why you can expect some ****ed up sequence of events to occur just to remind us that we’re Arsenal.
Well that happened... 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Melquiades

What a frustrating game.

- early goal.
- Saka missing a gifted chance.
- two posts/crossbars.
- obvious handball penalty not given.

- gift them the tying goal on the most bungled play of the season by any team.

1-1 final.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
i just don't buy this, 'we played really well today' narrative? We scored early and ruined their game plan, great start. Then we sat and sat and sat and did **** all until we made a costly error. Okay sh*t happens we've got a full half to attack and score a few more.....

Then in the second half we did absolute f*ck all and they had the better chances and we looked like we'd score with 10 minutes to go but it was all too little top late.
There were some good chances if the team had been a bit more ruthless:
Untitled.jpg

Auba was on his heels here, if he had anticipated the defender missing his kick he might not have been off balance when the ball dropped to him

2.jpg

Saka in in here after a 1-2 with Auba, he just needed to wrap his foot round it and put in the corner but he went with the outside of his boot

There was a chance for Thomas to shoot on the edge of the box, wouldn't necessarily expect him to score but he skied it until little pressure

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Untitled.jpg

Auba was on his heels here, if he had anticipated the defender missing his kick he might not have been off balance when the ball dropped to him

2.jpg

Saka in in here after a 1-2 with Auba, he just needed to wrap his foot round it and put in the corner but he went with the outside of his boot

There was a chance for Thomas to shoot on the edge of the box, wouldn't necessarily expect him to score but he skied it until little pressure

Yeah I suppose we did. I just felt we were never really that close, never put that much pressure on to get two or three. Just seems we never truly dominate.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I never wanted Suarez at Arsenal ngl and I am glad he never came. The biting didn't bug me the racism did though.

Some revisionist history though (not from you) plenty people were in favour of Suarez, cause we had a blunt Giroud.

mirrorstare

Untitled.jpg

2.jpg

These weren't big chances though, just awkward shots after lapses of concentration from Burnley. I don't really see Auba or Saka scoring from that scenario more often than not. Maybe Saka could do better but it wasn't a sitter at all, he could just touch the ball quickly and hope for the best against a well placed Pope

Think the differences between this stuff and say, Auba's shot straight at Pope, the 1v1 Leno saved or Pepe's miss are pretty clear.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
These weren't big chances though, just awkward shots after lapses of concentration from Burnley. I don't really see Auba or Saka scoring from that scenario more often than not. Maybe Saka could do better but it wasn't a sitter at all, he could just touch the ball quickly and hope for the best against a well placed Pope

Think the differences between this stuff and say, Auba's shot straight at Pope, the 1v1 Leno saved or Pepe's miss are pretty clear.
I agree the lack of creating clear cut chances is a concern, which is why these nearly moments in the final third become even more crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom