• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Saturday, March 6 | KO: 12:30 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,603
  • Views 55,754

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Im not blaming the refs for us being midtable though? We’ve been poor most of the season, no doubt.

Almost every game a match deciding decision goes against us. When was the last time the balance of decisions went our way? I challenge you to give me an example. This isn’t normal.

The last game I remember (I watch every game) is the FA cup final v Chelsea. Seriously think it was so as the FA wanted an extra English club in europe.
Here's a crazy revelation though: They're match deciding decisions because we also commit more unforced errors than anyone. If we actually put games to bed like the teams above us do, if we didn't turn basic actions into calamities unlike the teams above us then there wouldn't be such a focus on these decisions because they wouldn't be of the same impact. If we're 3-0 up like we should be when the handball occurs, it's frustrating but nobody is obessessing over it. It's a more pleasant narrative to focus on than the club being a shambles. In football you can control how you perform and nothing else. The officials are outside your control, so rather than dwelling on that how about we stop making crippling errors so that we aren't allowing the kinds of officiating mistakes that every club is dealing with have an outsized impact on our season.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Here's a crazy revelation though: They're match deciding decisions because we also commit more unforced errors than anyone. If we actually put games to bed like the teams above us do, if we didn't turn basic actions into calamities unlike the teams above us then there wouldn't be such a focus on these decisions because they wouldn't be of the same impact. If we're 3-0 up like we should be when the handball occurs, it's frustrating but nobody is obessessing over it. It's a more pleasant narrative to focus on than the club being a shambles. In football you can control how you perform and nothing else. The officials are outside your control, so rather than dwelling on that how about we stop making crippling errors so that we aren't allowing the kinds of officiating mistakes that every club is dealing with have an outsized impact on our season.
You couldn’t answer my question though could you?

You make some good points though, I agree with the unforced errors. We have some seriously average players with poor focus, that doesn’t mean there isn’t some agenda against us though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's actually worse from this angle, cos it looks like the Burnley player actually anticipates Pepe trying to go to the right and lifts his arm as a response. Genuinely incredible.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm kinda torn. On the one hand I do believe you need to put your chances away and kill a game off when you can, 100%, I'd say that's our biggest flaw and has been for years. But then the argument that 'if you lose by a ref error it means you didn't play well enough' doesn't always stand up, cos it suggests that winning by a 1 goal margin doesn't count as playing well.

So yeah f*ck refs, but also f*ck Arsenal, I guess?

Mohamed7

Well they should be 5th, because that’s the amount we spent on them. We can disagree about just how good Willian was at Chelsea, but we can agree he’s **** here bro.
Omg. You really are broken radio. Stop with the spending and league position justification. Uff.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bar a 8-0 win for Leeds, Arsenal will remain 10th out of 92 his weekend...

OIP.JxcmY19ftTwEdcrJnp7k-wHaE6

Batman

You couldn’t answer my question though could you?

You make some good points though, I agree with the unforced errors. We have some seriously average players with poor focus, that doesn’t mean there isn’t some agenda against us though.
I don't make a habit of answering silly questions. That encourages more silly questions.

GoonerJay24

An elite club like Chelsea would have sacked Arteta a long time ago.

Roman is a top top owner.
True, but because of that Chelsea are without values or a philosophy.

I'm as frustrated about Arteta being our manager the same as most fans but, we have values at this club.

Batman

Omg. You really are broken radio. Stop with the spending and league position justification. Uff.
I used to disagree with Trax focusing on net spend. I don't see how anyone could argue against him having been proven right now 3 seasons on from Wenger. Wenger largely overperformed spending, sometimes spectacularly so. Emery and especially Arteta has grossly underperformed it. That's black and white data. It really can't be disputed.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
This. Xhaka ****ed up on the goal yes, but the forwards didn't do their job either by missing multiple sitters. You can't rely on a clean sheet every match to get the three points.
But if Xhaka didnt fvck up we would still be in the lead. Burnley would have had to come out more as opposed to 1-1. So it does affect the rest of the game despite the chances missed before. Mistakes like that will cause players' shoulders to drop. It shouldn't but it can. Especially when it comes from the same players over and over.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's actually worse from this angle, cos it looks like the Burnley player actually anticipates Pepe trying to go to the right and lifts his arm as a response. Genuinely incredible.

Premier League is a total joke. The refereeing has gone even worse than in earlier years. The world continues to amaze.

Now we know that a player doesn't have to try to keep his hands close to his body in the own box. It's not a penalty, ever.

Take for example also this Kante chicken dance "natural position". A player should always try to keep their hands like this, or like Pieters did here in defending. Now we know.

(I'm not kidding myself, I know that they will give penalties from these situations in other games, but surely not in Arsenal's favour.)

So the new football in this decade guides that if a player is through, try to bring your foot backwards so much when shooting that the opposing player clips your leg and gets a red + penalty.

Also try to block as much as you can with your hands when defending, as it is not a penalty.

This is football.

Kante_handball_liverpool.jpg

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

15 shot 3 on target does our players have something against hitting ball on target?

Pepe even had a problem to hit the ball from a super chance, and it's not the first time from our players this season.

Also two crossbar shots. Referees having a mare (once again), and Xhaka gifting a goal.

You can't make this **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom