• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxi Driver

Now this is Arsenal one wants to watch! Even if we end up losing this, the fighting spirit we've just witnessed is a very, very promising sign.

Now please get Torreira and Lacazette on right away, then maybe Lichtsteiner.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Man, Arsenal could be up like 5-2 if they could keep the ball under the crossbar on open shots. Let's just hope they play with confidence and keep Chelsea on their heels a lot in the 2nd half.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
While I'm happy that we've levelled the score I'm disappointed because if we had just played with an actual midfield, we would be winning this game. At the moment, it can still go either way.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We haven't hurt Chelsea that much for years at the Bridge.

And we might still lose this one ffs
I feel your passion and love for our club in this post.. You're (as am I) desperate to not only make a statement but to win where we have so often been disappointed in recent times.

Have to admit though. Thrilling fixture. Two teams in a heated battle. IMO very closely matched on paper (albeit that my bias has my money on us:confused:)

Fallout

for the first time in several seasons, you could sense the belief and fighting spirit coursing through our players. i dont care what happens in the second half but if we go back to playing slow and scared then we will have let ourselves down massively. so refreshing to see players run at the ****ing fullbacks.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Well. That really was compelling to watch.

I actually didn't think we started that terribly until Pedro's goal. Then it was pretty hard to watch for about 20 mins. The most annoying thing was the lack of cover from Xhaka and Guendouzi. Guendouzi was at least positive on the ball but Xhaka was having a bit of a mare today. Guendouzi made some excellent passes though, he's been good IMO but he's still raw.

Mhkitaryan is hot and cold personified. I'm glad he picked it up towards the end though, he is making really excellent runs into the half space behind the full-back and hitting his cut-backs on point. Auba needs to put one of these away.

I knew Iwobi was going to be good today and he's delivered. Been good on the dribble, making the right runs into the same space and finding his teammates with cut-backs too. We just need to be wary of the space behind our defense and track runs better. Kante and Barkley in particular have caused problems.

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
it was nice to see someone get angry. Xhaka snapped into a tackle, face looking like thunder.... the team decided to get stuck in....its football...you need to ****ing want it.

Axel9090

If we can improve our defense massively, we will be a team to contend with. We havent even got all of our top players on.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Give Auba the vote of confidence, he needs to get a goal to get the ball rolling for him. Özil time to do something, he might not been the same his whole Arsenal career. Xhaka has been woeful though played some good forward balls from deep in particular towards the end of the half, needs subbing off though.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

What a match, Iwobi and Guendouzi leading the way. Incredible entertainment.

Just looked at my Ionic, heart rate over 90 in that match, normally I’m 49 resting

It's crazy, Guendouzi looked so good lol. And Iwobi finally showing that spirit, hopefully he can fulfil his potential with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom