• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | Tuesday, January 21 | KO: 20:15 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Has he? Saka has done well considering his lack of experience and his age but Kola has otherwise had a great season when fit.

I would say he's had a few good games rather than a great season. In fact has any player had a great season? Leno would be the only one that comes close!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Chelsea have won six of the past seven league meetings at Stamford Bridge, drawing the other.

However, no team has won more Premier League away
matches at Chelsea than the seven by Arsenal.

Arsenal's last league triumph at Stamford Bridge was a
5-3 victory in October 2011. Mikel Arteta started that
game, while Frank Lampard scored the opening goal for
the Blues.

Chelsea

Chelsea have lost six of their past 11 top-flight games (W4, D1). They have lost eight times in the league this season, as as
many as they did in the whole of 2018-19.

The Blues have conceded 10 league goals at Stamford
Bridge this season - only Liverpool, with nine, have let in
fewer at home.

They have won three of their four London derbies this term - the exception being a home defeat by West Ham. Only Norwich have given more Premier League minutes to players aged 21 or younger this season than Chelsea and Arsenal.

Frank Lampard is looking to become the first English Chelsea manager to do the league double against Arsenal since Dave Sexton in 1969-70.

Arsenal.
Arsenal have won two of 10 league games since sacking Unai Emery, including one victory from five top-flight matches under Mikel Arteta (D3, L1). They have dropped 13 Premier League points from winning positions this season, with seven of those coming since Arteta was appointed head coach.

The Gunners have won just one of their last 10 away league games (D6, L3).

Arsenal are unbeaten in their last five top-flight matches
on the road, albeit four of those have ended in draws.

Alexandre Lacazette has not scored an away league goal
since February's 2-1 win at Huddersfield.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea are looking to complete the Premier League double against Arsenal for the fifth time, having done so in 2005/06, 2009/10, 2012/13 and 2015/16.
Prior to April 2004 though, Chelsea didn't get a single win against us in 17 matches on the trot with Wenger.

Wonder what happened around that time to cause their sudden change of fortune? :lol:

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea were so bad under AVB even Andre Santos scored against them.

tumblr_nfz2miFJHH1s02vreo1_400.gif

...Cech, trying to save near post shots.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Prior to April 2004 though, Chelsea didn't get a single win against us in 17 matches on the trot with Wenger.

Wonder what happened around that time to cause their sudden change of fortune? :lol:
Did their s***d c**t go up?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another loss here, think we’ll get battered by a few.

We’re not winning many league games from now till the end of the season, called this pre Arteta and even more sure now.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Weird take, but a loss doesn't end up being a bad result. PM me if u wanna know why I think this.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Another loss here, think we’ll get battered by a few.

We’re not winning many league games from now till the end of the season, called this pre Arteta and even more sure now.
Won't get battered. However, who on our team is going to drive us forward and help us pin them back?

roz

Fake News Merchant
There is a blueprint to beat this Chelsea side, really annoyed me Arteta didn’t clock it last time we played. Tell whoever it is playing furtherest forward in the midfield to press Jorginho and never leave his shadow. Ramsey did it perfectly a couple of seasons back.

Everything good Chelsea does starts with/goes through him. Could be a job for AMN if HB is ready?
Leno
Hb Sokratis Luiz Saka

Torreira Xhaka
AMN

Pepe Martinelli

Laca

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The common denominator (tactically) between Wenger’s final season and Emery’s disastrous 2019 is that midfield double pivot with Özil or another CM in front. Until we play a proper 3 or 4-4-2 with the two wide midfielders supporting midfield possession, we will struggle to control the flow of games and either be too attacking or too defensive.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Could get it back by turning one end to a kop end, put all the fans that wanna chant and swear etc there, at least have an atmosphere in one part of the ground
I've said this for a while. Would love for the Clock End to be turned into an entire standing section. Something like they have at Dortmund. Quit with the family, tourist environment bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom