• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 30/11/08

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Re: Chelsea v Arsenal | EPL | 30/11/08 KO @ 4pm

Shadow Moses said:
True Gooner said:
Did anyone else see the hate mail Scolari's getting on SSN? Pathetic.

and you thought Arsenal fans were fickle.

They have ***** russian mafia bankrolling them so they can afford to be spoilts brats. What do we have? Come to think of it, really what do we have besides what our team has given us on the field?

True Gooner

Established Member

Hear about the disgusting chants from the Chelsea fans directed at Wenger?

True Gooner

Established Member

Dunno why the FA dont act though. Look at how much grief Ferguson gave us last season for much, much less than this.

thegame24

Established Member

Wankers innit, we are arsenal they are united.

We have lost 3 premier league titles due to man united geting preffered treatment, 99, 2003, 2008.

RockyRocastle

Established Member

marco said:
what a f****g result!
when you least expect it they pull it right out of the bag!!!
atmosphere in the arsenal end was absolutely cracking..

the celebrations for the goals were unreal... got bruises all over my legs today..
strange bloody season!
think a lot of people in the media were praying for us to mess up again!!! but we showed them

by the way thought chelsea were very very average..nothing on that utd team we played 3 ago

Did you get caught up in the surge from the back to the front? It was unreal, people lost control all over the place when that went in, the place went mental. Only football can do that to you! Im the same, big graze right down my shin. Love it!

Fantastic atmosphere in our end.

famous no 10

Established Member

True Gooner said:
Hear about the disgusting chants from the Chelsea fans directed at Wenger?

That is one of the most vile chants around, just completely sick.

Grown men, with their own children, chanting filth like that...but then this is the same club who think it's funny to sing about Concentration camps still.

It was bad enough from them in the '80's, ffs...they haven't changed much.

JGooner

"Chelsea fans in deplorable behaviour shock"

A Newcastle-supporting mate of mine was at the Bridge for their game with Chelsea a couple of weeks ago and told me that their fan base in certain sections of the crowd (especially behind the goals) are basically unreconstructed 1980s troglodytes who very quickly get on the backs of their own players, apart from Lampard, J.Cole and Terry. Horrible, horrible little club.

bazza_afc

RockyRocastle said:
The only thing im looking forward to about this is the atmosphere in our end and abusing the mobile phone fancying fairy.

As for the game I can do without watching another shapeless, clueless, passionless, spineless performance from our midfield, our calamitous defence and a half arsed display from our three cart horse fowards.

Didn't quite turn out how you expected then...

RockyRocastle

Established Member

It didn't. Were you at Sunderland, Fulham or Stoke, Mr. morale high ground?

tristan

One goal turned it. That was never onside despite the commentator's banging on to the contrary, and the same AR called Chelsea offside twice in the first half on legitimate onside plays. Although a blatantly offside goal was just scored by Burnley against your kids a couple of minutes ago, I did smile at that ;)

I'm not going to blame the officiating. Sure a bad call turned the tide of the match, but I never felt like we'd score a second, and after Arsenal tied it I give credit to them for continuing to push on. Arsenal teams of the past couple of seasons would not have done that at 1-1. Van Persie played a good game but Scolari seemed to have lost the plot once the game plan didn't go off like he thought it would, which has been a criticism of his. No answer to going a goal down, just like no answer against Liverpool earlier this season. Took off Mikel as well for a Slovakian kid.

I read earlier in the thread that we didn't miss Drogba and that Anelka and Kalou have been more potent in attack this year for us. Anelka has, Kalou has been his usual self. Crap play for the most part but pops up in opportune moments at times to bag a goal. Malouda is just awful too. Drogba always plays well against Arsenal, so we may have missed him for that game, but Anelka is doing alright so far.

Didn't see where Terry should've gone off, but Ivanovic was a lucky boy to not get a second yellow when he had ample opportunity to do so.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom