• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 30/11/08

kel varnsen

Established Member
Re: Chelsea v Arsenal | EPL | 30/11/08 KO @ 4pm

Dennis10 said:
kel varnsen said:
great result, mixed performance. defensively, i thought we were superb. clichy, sagna, gallas and cesc played very well. however, going forward we were once again s**t. we created almost nothing. the first goal was offside and the second one a cross(set pieces). other than that, i though we were very poor going forward. earlier this season, we've at least been able to keep possession. granted, we've lacked pace on the ball and movement off the ball, but at least we were able to keep possession for extended periods of time. yesterday, we weren't even able to do that. we played like a relegation side. defending, focusing on frustrating chelsea.

The goals came out of nothing, I agree, but the qualities of Adebayor and van Persie proved vital nonetheless.

You can't disagree our team effort was terrific the last 30 minutes?

defensively solid, very poor going forward. a mixed performance.

DOUBLE-YOU

we won without playing well. all through the game i kept saying "we are as weak as piss". i couldn't understand how someone as small as cesc can protect the ball but physically bigger players like adebayor and van persie can't. for the first 15mins it looked like boys against men.

we lacked pace, in saying that i'm glad walcott didn't play because he would have left us more exposed. this was a rosicky type game. i am one of denilson's fans, but he left me frustrated. i was hoping he would score at the end of the game to shut up the boo boys, but bendtner didn't make it easy with his pass.

the back four were outstanding. this was another big game which we won. maybe the league is not ours this year, but we have the makings of a good cup side.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

DOUBLE-YOU said:
we won without playing well. all through the game i kept saying "we are as weak as piss". i couldn't understand how someone as small as cesc can protect the ball but physically bigger players like adebayor and van persie can't. for the first 15mins it looked like boys against men.

we lacked pace, in saying that i'm glad walcott didn't play because he would have left us more exposed. this was a rosicky type game. i am one of denilson's fans, but he left me frustrated. i was hoping he would score at the end of the game to shut up the boo boys, but bendtner didn't make it easy with his pass.

the back four were outstanding. this was another big game which we won. maybe the league is not ours this year, but we have the makings of a good cup side.

He put it on a plate for him, how easy to do you want him to make it.

Also for all those saying we were **** going forward, we created more chances than Chelsea, i suppose some people can't just be happy that we won.

KY

Established Member

Let's just bask in the glory of the win and not go into the nitty gritty details of who did what shall we? all hail the gunners!!! take that chelscum!

DOUBLE-YOU

SimplyFabregas said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:

He put it on a plate for him, how easy to do you want him to make it.

Also for all those saying we were s**t going forward, we created more chances than Chelsea, i suppose some people can't just be happy that we won.

yes but it would help if the plate he put it on wasn't on the edge of the table. denilson's first touch was poor because he had to change direction and stretch for the ball

hesham

Established Member

DOUBLE-YOU said:
i couldn't understand how someone as small as cesc can protect the ball but physically bigger players like adebayor and van persie can't. for the first 15mins it looked like boys against men.

imo its more about using/positioning you body than physicality. Cesc is on another level in that sense, his ability to protect the ball is the best ive seen since Zidane.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

DOUBLE-YOU said:
yes but it would help if the plate he put it on wasn't on the edge of the table. denilson's first touch was poor because he had to change direction and stretch for the ball

Really didnt have to do much at all, he could have shot first time, he could have pulled it back for Van Persie, he didnt he miscontrolled what was a good ball after some good work from Bendtner.

You really should stop making excuses for Denilson, especially at the expense of Pinky Bendtner who did well to create the chance and deliver a simple chance for Denilson to take some glory.

It was Denilson's fault, not Bendtner's.

Dennis10

SimplyFabregas said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:

Really didnt have to do much at all, he could have shot first time, he could have pulled it back for Van Persie, he didnt he miscontrolled what was a good ball after some good work from Bendtner.

You really should stop making excuses for Denilson, especially at the expense of Pinky Bendtner who did well to create the chance and deliver a simple chance for Denilson to take some glory.

Bendtner's pass was good, though maybe not perfect. I forgive Denilson's first touch, and it looked like a very typical error for an exhausted player. In that part of the game Denilson was playing as well as any other player out there.

About the Fletcher-Denilson discussion. Fletcher may be playing better, and perhaps he has for a while, but I seriously doubt he would do better in our midfield than the brazilian. Still, I agree Denilson shouldn't be a starter at this point, and that he frustrates me a lot. Especially the two things that have been mentioned a lot: his sloppy passing at times, and the lack of physical strenght/balance. However, Denilson has proven in the past that he has the raw material of a complete midfielder, although he lacks either a offensive or a defensive niché in a way. Next to Fabregas he is looking mediocre, and I know better than blaming our captan.

DOUBLE-YOU

SimplyFabregas said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:

since your post i have watched the incident... you're still wrong. the commentator even says denilson ad to stretch to get the ball. if you watch a replay from behind you can see he has to change direction.

stop hating the dude.

DOUBLE-YOU

hesham said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
i couldn't understand how someone as small as cesc can protect the ball but physically bigger players like adebayor and van persie can't. for the first 15mins it looked like boys against men.

imo its more about using/positioning you body than physicality. Cesc is on another level in that sense, his ability to protect the ball is the best ive seen since Zidane.

maybe you're right as wilshere is also good at this. but when i see how awkward drogba makes things, how alan smith used to do it, i just wish adebayor and RvP could do it too.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

DOUBLE-YOU said:
SimplyFabregas said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:

since your post i have watched the incident... you're still wrong. the commentator even says denilson ad to stretch to get the ball. if you watch a replay from behind you can see he has to change direction.

stop hating the dude.

Even if he does have a stretch a little, he should still be able to bring the ball under control, like most quality players should be able to, and certainly in the amount space and time he had.

I'm not hating on the guy, my issue with your point is you blaming Bendtner for Denilson missing the chance. Bendtner had done the hard work, he had created the space, held the ball up, and played a good pass to Denilson in acres of space.

dutchMasta

Denilson could've still controlled it better, the pass was hard, he did have to change direction slightly and stretch for it, but it was still very possible to control better than that. I've watched it enough times to see that. I'm with Dennis10 on this, I think it's more that he was exhausted.

KY

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
I'm not hating on the guy, my issue with your point is you blaming Bendtner for Denilson missing the chance. Bendtner had done the hard work, he had created the space, held the ball up, and played a good pass to Denilson in acres of space.

if it was bergkamp he would have reversed the pass to fabregas and we would have had a sublime goal. ah those were the days...*daydreaming*

True Gooner

Established Member

dutchMasta said:
Denilson could've still controlled it better, the pass was hard, he did have to change direction slightly and stretch for it, but it was still very possible to control better than that. I've watched it enough times to see that. I'm with Dennis10 on this, I think it's more that he was exhausted.

I agree. That kind of poor touch - from a player who is pretty good at controlling the ball - can only be put down to fatigue from running up and down the pitch.

DOUBLE-YOU

@ Simply,

i can't totally blame bendtner when it is denilson that missed the opportunity, but his pass was a contributing factor. denilson never got the ball in stride. his first touch was also the foot he was landing on whilst changing direction.
bendtner done very well to create the chance, and if the incident was outside the area and denilson had more space it would have been ideal, but we are dealing with such small margins that these details matter because that incident adds to the "denilson is ****" argument, when it wasn't entirely his fault.

let's agree to disagree.

True Gooner

Established Member

Did anyone else see the hate mail Scolari's getting on SSN? Pathetic.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom