• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 30/11/08

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Re: Chelsea v Arsenal | EPL | 30/11/08 KO @ 4pm

outlaw_member said:
I agree with your sentiments Klaus, but 'Adebayor owning every defender'? That's a wild exaggeration.
Mostly based on the notion that he didn't lose one duel against any of them. He even took the ball of both Bosingwa and Ivanovic in their own box in the first few minutes and had a great opening for a ten yard assist but wrongfully got blown off for a foul somehow. Mabe he wasn't a goal threat today, but he was vital in the second half of the field nonetheless. Whenever a defender went up against him in a duel they lost.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

arsenalfc0719 said:
Ade was s**t TODAY. Never said he is s**t, though I do believe he has been very poor this season.
Yeah, but that's just it - he WASN'T **** today. Far from it.

arsenalfc0719 said:
I don't know how you can say his movement is good. His movement has been piss poor. Hardly gets into good positions anymore. He should use his power, strength and pace to get into scoring positions instead of using them out on wing.

What Ade has offered to the team this season unfortunately hasn't been enough.
What Ade's been offering ur so far this season is far beyond what he was offering us at the same time last season. That's enough said really. I can't help that you don't see why his movement boh on and off the ball is excellent.

outlaw_member

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
outlaw_member said:
I agree with your sentiments Klaus, but 'Adebayor owning every defender'? That's a wild exaggeration.
Mostly based on the notion that he didn't lose one duel against any of them. He even took the ball of both Bosingwa and Ivanovic in their own box in the first few minutes and had a great opening for a ten yard assist but wrongfully got blown off for a foul somehow. Mabe he wasn't a goal threat today, but he was vital in the second half of the field nonetheless. Whenever a defender went up against him in a duel they lost.

He had an eventful game, but no one in either team 'owned' anyone. By no means, do I question his performance, though.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Although i don't think Adebayor has been all that great this season, he is quite surprisingly top of the Premier League assist table with 7, and has 5 goals in 11 games.

It makes me wonder what an in-form Adebayor could be doing.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
He had an eventful game, but no one in either team 'owned' anyone. By no means, do I question his performance, though.
That's kinda my definition of owning someone though, if you win every duel against them. But hey, let's not argue over semantics. The important thing is that we're agreeing on his performance. Shockingly many people wrote him off in the player ratings thread.

SimplyFabregas said:
Although i don't think Adebayor has been all that great this season, he is quite surprisingly top of the Premier League assist table with 7, and has 5 goals in 11 games.

It makes me wonder what an in-form Adebayor could be doing.
It's down to the attributes I mentioned, I believe. I agree that he hasn't hit the same heights that he did at his peak last season, but he has started off much better and is a much more consistent performer this year. Let's just hope that he can stay injury free from now on.

number_0

Established Member

I feel ade profomance right now is an improvement from this time last season, hes guilty now of trying to play our passing game and linking up with the midfield rather than getting into the goal scoring position he used to get into, hes slowly finding form and he will slowly claw us up the table then.
Today was a below average profomance from him, but that alone contributed to our 2 goals, which shows how important he is in our team.

hesham

Established Member

Ade didn't look match fit for me today. didn't have his usual power to bully defenders. He'll be back next game.
Just watched the 2nd half again, Great fuvking Win!!! ;D

Asterix

Established Member

Bloody great win, but of course we still have to back it up. I don't think the winner of the top four mini league will be any indicator to overall league success this season btw.

Kudos to Wenger for playing 442. I don't think he had a choice regarding his midfield due to injuries, and besides, Denilson is quite experienced in terms of our fit players now anyway. Who else was going to play? Bischoff PI? Denilson really should have scored at the end, but he did look knackered and his touch deserted him.

I love beating Chelsea with a dodgy goal too - we can smirk all week now.

mindchnger

Loved how in a post-game interview RVP said that a few seasons ago he had a goal against Chelsea ruled for offside when he was on, so he felt the first goal was just desserts. Karma is a *****! :lol:

banduan

Established Member

This game and others like it (Manure vs Villa, Pool vs Sp**s) will show us one very important aspect of the current EPL mix:

You can't afford to have an off day and survive anymore. You will be punished. It is very competitive, the top 4 will still be the top 4 but they will drop points so much more readily.

marco

what a ****ing result!
when you least expect it they pull it right out of the bag!!!
atmosphere in the arsenal end was absolutely cracking..

the celebrations for the goals were unreal... got bruises all over my legs today..
strange bloody season!
think a lot of people in the media were praying for us to mess up again!!! but we showed them

by the way thought chelsea were very very average..nothing on that utd team we played 3 ago

KingReyes

Established Member

marco said:
what a f****g result!
when you least expect it they pull it right out of the bag!!!
atmosphere in the arsenal end was absolutely cracking..

the celebrations for the goals were unreal... got bruises all over my legs today..
strange bloody season!
think a lot of people in the media were praying for us to mess up again!!! but we showed them

by the way thought chelsea were very very average..nothing on that utd team we played 3 ago

Mate, the atmosphere from the gooners was brilliant from what I heard on the telly. Even when we conceded we were outsinging the chavs.

ITS SO QUIET, ITS SO QUIET, ITS SO QUIET AT THE BRIDGE!

P.S Did anyone see the supporter fly a few rows to get one of the players' shirts at full time? Priceless!! :lol:

Original_AAA

KingReyes said:
P.S Did anyone see the supporter fly a few rows to get one of the players' shirts at full time? Priceless!! :lol:

I saw it, that was bloody brilliant. :D

A fantastic result and it feels so good finally beating the Russians away! Hopefully, now we can pull together a string of consistent results into the Christmas period.

kel varnsen

Established Member

great result, mixed performance. defensively, i thought we were superb. clichy, sagna, gallas and cesc played very well. however, going forward we were once again ****. we created almost nothing. the first goal was offside and the second one a cross(set pieces). other than that, i though we were very poor going forward. earlier this season, we've at least been able to keep possession. granted, we've lacked pace on the ball and movement off the ball, but at least we were able to keep possession for extended periods of time. yesterday, we weren't even able to do that. we played like a relegation side. defending, focusing on frustrating chelsea.

Captain

Established Member

The ball to denilson at the end from Bendtner was a little too heavy. A better weight and he could have smashed it first time.

Dennis10

kel varnsen said:
great result, mixed performance. defensively, i thought we were superb. clichy, sagna, gallas and cesc played very well. however, going forward we were once again s**t. we created almost nothing. the first goal was offside and the second one a cross(set pieces). other than that, i though we were very poor going forward. earlier this season, we've at least been able to keep possession. granted, we've lacked pace on the ball and movement off the ball, but at least we were able to keep possession for extended periods of time. yesterday, we weren't even able to do that. we played like a relegation side. defending, focusing on frustrating chelsea.

The goals came out of nothing, I agree, but the qualities of Adebayor and van Persie proved vital nonetheless.

You can't disagree our team effort was terrific the last 30 minutes?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Captain said:
The ball to denilson at the end from Bendtner was a little too heavy. A better weight and he could have smashed it first time.
Not really. I thought it was a superb ball. A good first touch and its a goal

dutchMasta

Bendtner could've played it slightly better, but it was still a good chance. Either a better first touch, first time shot or pull back to RVP who would've had options to the left or possibly an open goal with Cech outwide to choose from.

But we defended admirably and really didn't let them create many chances at all, so I wasn't really that bothered in the end, was fairly confident we'd hang on to it this time round.

Captain

Established Member

No, it was definitely hit too hard. Watch it a few more times.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom