• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Need to get this back under control. If we keep letting them free-kicks into the box for the whole of the second-half we won't win.

I see Ceballos isn't even on the bench, I'd have started him and put Mesut on at half-time but since that hasn't happened maybe Willock needs to come on for him. And Martinell has to be given at least 20/30 minutes.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Laca, Kola Auba having a good game. Surely Palace can’t be this poor in the second?

Pepe is such a frustrating player, always seems just a fraction away from a key contribution.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Özil came alive in the 2nd half against Leeds after a quiet first half, I'd expect similar here especially when Palace start pouring forward looking for an equaliser the longer the half goes on.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That was a bad f*ck up from Pepe. Killer teams puts that in the back of the net 10/10 times.
Need to see a replay but yeah it seems he should have squared it.

However I’ll always prefer a greedy/brave forward to one who is timid. I’m sure Arteta will steer his development in the right direction anyway.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He hasn't shown up since Man Utd, two games ago. Just doesn't look able to get involved.He was on the periphery against Leeds, at best, but he's nowhere to be seen today, and we're firmly on top. So that myth continues to be murdered every week.
:lol:

Goal doesn’t happen without that sublime one touch cushion pass to laca from Özil on David Luiz’s hard vertical pass. But whatever.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Just receiving the ball and in one excellent touch letting Laca in front to play it for Auba. God this is why I watch the matches in Spanish with Argentinian comments. They know about football not like these typical English comments
Ok, I have no where you're from, but this isn't really allowed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He literally passed the ball down a straight line where Auba was making the run, Özil does that all the time lol. If Lacazette did anything other than pass to Auba it would be a terrible decision.

Luiz pass to Özil was the best part of the move tbh.

The standards for Lacazette are on the floor. :lol:

I've a friend who would've made that pass, and he's in a wheelchair.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Imagine how the Lacazette haters would have reacted if that (beautiful) assist had come from Özil.

Would be posting gifs of it for weeks.
That’s what I find hilarious. Wasn’t even a straight forward assist, he dummied just enough to delay the pass and create the goal.

I’m an Özil fan and let’s not pretend if he gets an assist despite an anonymous performance that people don’t view it as ‘job done’.

Vantastico

That assist was indeed very good play from Laca, and he had a couple other nice link-up plays in the first part of the game. But all the dumb fouls he commits by using his hands to push off are very frustrating, they're total momentum killers. If we can win the ball cleanly in those positions, it sets up incredible counter-attacking opportunities. Instead we're giving Palace about 40 yards to push up.

Also I'm hoping that Martinelli gets some minutes today, he needs gametime in order to develop.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
:lol:

Goal doesn’t happen without that sublime one touch cushion pass to laca from Özil on David Luiz’s hard vertical pass. But whatever.
It's one little touch. The rest of the game, nothing. That's not good enough for anyone. Laca went off the boil too. Im being observant. Sorry about that.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Özil came alive in the 2nd half against Leeds after a quiet first half, I'd expect similar here especially when Palace start pouring forward looking for an equaliser the longer the half goes on.

Arteta with players at half time.

hnoc1ks4.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we had wingers that would go at the opposition team and a be nuisance we'd be devastating.

We have one. Just cant get thr ball to him higher up the pitch. Think about when Xhaka is running into space with the ball on the break. He is so uncomfortable doing that he just tries to by a foul.

CJJ

Established Member
He literally passed the ball down a straight line where Auba was making the run, Özil does that all the time lol. If Lacazette did anything other than pass to Auba it would be a terrible decision.

Luiz pass to Özil was the best part of the move tbh.
Nah mate. The hard part about that goal is Lacazettes pace in the ball and Auba's first touch. Dont delude yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom