• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City v Arsenal | Sunday, February 28 | KO: 12:00 UTC | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
No choice. i have a broken arm so have nothing better to do for the foreseeable. Ignore listed the likes of reed, Garrincha, Gooner 416 and albakos to make life more pleasant.

Five years ago I would say you deserve it but today I would say it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You are only an athlete if you are quick?

Not sure where this obsession with quick, powerful CMs is coming from on AM, I reckon we are still not over Vieira.

Pace and power is really important in today's game but CM is still quite an exception to that development as it is a role that, for the most part, requires a different skill-set.
Top-class CMs that are strong and quick are still a major outlier at the top level. We actually have one of the very few at our club who is good enough tacticially and with the ball.
Yes obviously all footballers are basically athletes but calling one an athlete usually means they have redeeming qualities in that kind of department i.e. sprinting, endurance, strength. We used Ceballos and Xhaka enough times to see that the speed of our play slows down and it all becomes too predictable. Like we only play in one gear.

And that wasn't the only thing I mentioned anyway, they are both quite undynamic players. I'd say Ceballos maybe has the ability to be but would need time. I just don't know if he's entirely convinced me to put that time in.

Legend14

Established Member
Watched again. For once everyone played well.

Cedric’s and Laca’s contribution can’t go unnoticed. Both were making a ton of plays.

Credit Ødegaard’s setup pass for the third goal.

Auba is still on, his shot barely missed.

Tons of movement everywhere by the front 4. If that was Arteta’s doing, it was impressive, I’d have to say masterclass. Very surprising.

Oh, I guess one bad. The goal we gave up, that was Elneny. He did not cut off the angle and instead ran straight back where we already had cover.

goonergaz

They shots were from distance but the point I was trying to make is that we seem to give up chances even when we're in control. We won't always get away with it and Leno's second save was palmed into a danger area that we're lucky Iheanacho? didn't exploit.
I think the xG ratings showed how low their chances of scoring from those shots were.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Look at man city:lol::lol:
Good to see this got 10 likes showing a section of the season. Shows the posters here are desperate to support Arteta and want him to keep improving.

Remember seeing a calendar year of results that was posted, the back end of one season, start of the next, for Arsène a few years ago and Arsenal were actually top of the league. I seem to recall it got mocked mercilessly. How things have changed.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Good to see this got 10 likes showing a section of the season. Shows the posters here are desperate to support Arteta and want him to keep improving.

Remember seeing a calendar year of results that was posted, the back end of one season, start of the next, for Arsène a few years ago and Arsenal were actually top of the league. I seem to recall it got mocked mercilessly. How things have changed.

2015 I'm pretty sure we were the best team over that calendar year.

Only lost a handful of games IIRC.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
2015 I'm pretty sure we were the best team over that calendar year.

Only lost a handful of games IIRC.

Good team that...Per-Kos/Coq-Caz/Mes-Sanchez, was a solid spine to build from...shame we couldn't win the league, but a lovely FA Cup win should always be appreciated!

Tir Na Nog

Good team that...Per-Kos/Coq-Caz/Mes-Sanchez, was a solid spine to build from...shame we couldn't win the league, but a lovely FA Cup win should always be appreciated!

The last Arsenal team I really enjoyed watching on a weekly basis (for the most part, obviously there were a few times they disgraced themselves).

I remember games vs Liverpool 2015, Villa in the Cup final, United at home, Zagreb at home, Leicester away, Chelsea at home in 2016. Some wonderful performances were we looked unplayable.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

They shots were from distance but the point I was trying to make is that we seem to give up chances even when we're in control. We won't always get away with it and Leno's second save was palmed into a danger area that we're lucky Iheanacho? didn't exploit.
Don’t think this is that correct actually. Yesterday they had the chance we gifted them at the start and one right at the end. Between those two they created almost nothing. The one long shot that Leno saved but left the large deflection on came a little out of nowhere and was mainly due to the sun if I recall correctly.

The big improvement under Arteta has really been our defensive solidity. Defensively we have been undone by individual brain farts, especially over the most recent losses, not by team playing us open like a knife through hot butter.

What has really taken time is to get the attack going, which now finally seems to be clicking a bit better.

No need to be too positive or negative, but yesterday was a nice win. Loved to see our Nutmeg Express have such a game. When he is on he must be a nightmare to play. Just a bag of odd tricks and dribbling! Lad got goals in him too!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The last Arsenal team I really enjoyed watching on a weekly basis (for the most part, obviously there were a few times they disgraced themselves).

I remember games vs Liverpool 2015, Villa in the Cup final, United at home, Zagreb at home, Leicester away, Chelsea at home in 2016. Some wonderful performances were we looked unplayable.

Wilshere getting drunk at the 2 parades and making fun of Sp**s, iconic stuff.

Still annoyed he got an FA charge for that, it's when players show a little personality like this that really endears them to the supporters...football trying to make all players robots these days, on and off the field.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don’t think this is that correct actually. Yesterday they had the chance we gifted them at the start and one right at the end. Between those two they created almost nothing. The one long shot that Leno saved but left the large deflection on came a little out of nowhere and was mainly due to the sun if I recall correctly.

The big improvement under Arteta has really been our defensive solidity. Defensively we have been undone by individual brain farts, especially over the most recent losses, not by team playing us open like a knife through hot butter.

What has really taken time is to get the attack going, which now finally seems to be clicking a bit better.

No need to be too positive or negative, but yesterday was a nice win. Loved to see our Nutmeg Express have such a game. When he is on he must be a nightmare to play. Just a bag of odd tricks and dribbling! Lad got goals in him too!
I agree about the individual errors but teams are still able to run through us a fair bit. The difference is that we haven't been punished as often as before and our opponents should have done better. I don't think what I've said will necessarily be backed up by stats but my elevated heart rate as witnessed by my smart watch tells me that my eyes haven't deceived me :)

GoonerJay24

We probably could've signed an elite attacker to compliment Mesut and Alexis. But I just feel the injuries in that year stifled our title challenge.

It's funny how the footballing world make so much of Liverpool's or even Leicester's current injuries but between 2014-2016 when Arsenal had tons of players out simultaneously for months, people were silent. Wonder why that was?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think the xG ratings showed how low their chances of scoring from those shots were.
I know we can't be perfect, but it was the second ball that was more concerning. Leno has a habit of palming into a danger zone which makes a tame long distant shot a chance on another day. All good over the weekend but I hope we don't get complacent.

Tir Na Nog

2013 as well think we were maybe the best team in the league?

Obviously that’s ignoring how sh*t we were in both seasons outside that calendar year :lol:

Yeah maybe, I do remember Kos-Per was the best CB partnership statistically that year but at the time the media was still running with the narrative that both weren't any good and how we had to go out and sign a top CB.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah maybe, I do remember Kos-Per was the best CB partnership statistically that year but at the time the media was still running with the narrative that both weren't any good and how we had to go out and sign a top CB.

Midfield was brutal without Ramsey in that time. I’ll never forget seeing Chelsea just running through our Flamteta combo in the 6-0 like they weren’t even there.

Also had no pace up front until Alexis arrived. Should’ve bought Griezmann rather than pulling out the deal at the 11th hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom