• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Leicester City vs Arsenal | 06/12/03

Andrew

henry_14 said:
one man team. keeping on saying that

no one stepped up

united lost 3 games , and yet they are 1 point back

UNITED will take the title because we have not improved at all.

the 5-1 inter result was a freak , and will never happen again

Idiot... Dan_the_manc.

Were you saying that after we beat Roma 3-1 last season? Well it happened again didn't it?

patrick42uk

Established Member
henry_14 said:

no one stepped up

yes thats right, lets throw the towel in now and concentrate on the league cup!

Arsenal316

Just be realistic. We had bad games like this last year. So did Man. U, and Chelsea. We are going to have bad games like this. This is UNAVOIDABLE. So don't act all shocked, upset, and pout over the fact that we couldn't win. We won't win EVERY game. Some games we deserve to win, some games we didn't. It all balances out in the end.

Now they will forget about this game. It's done. The result is final, and that's that. Now on to more important things. Lokomotiv on Tuesday will probably be the biggest game of the season. Hopefully they will get all the bad play out of their system and show up like they did for Inter last week and kick butt.

Andrew

patrick42uk said:
Andrew said:
Arsenal316 said:
Meh, so we tied Leicester...big deal. Get over it. Now it's time for the REAL important game with Lokomotiv.

Arsenal have a tendency to overlook easy games prior to big ones. This resuilt doens't come as a surprise to me. Just like how they didn't beat Fulham after the Inter game. Oh well.

As long as they win when it really matters, I have no problem.

You're probably right there. As long as we are thereabouts in the new year we still have a better chance than any. And looking at the trend it seems that the team leading mid-season rarely wins.

lol, you wouldnt have been saying that if we were top. i hate that we have drawn five games from fifteen. a win and a defeat gives you more points than two draws

Yeah... but think about it. Championship winning teams never go through the whole season on an easy run. We are still there and undefeated. We've taken points from the other two big ones as well. Of course I'm gutted now but I think at the end of the season we might look back at this as only a minor blemish.

Arsenal316

patrick42uk said:
Andrew said:
Arsenal316 said:
Meh, so we tied Leicester...big deal. Get over it. Now it's time for the REAL important game with Lokomotiv.

Arsenal have a tendency to overlook easy games prior to big ones. This resuilt doens't come as a surprise to me. Just like how they didn't beat Fulham after the Inter game. Oh well.

As long as they win when it really matters, I have no problem.

You're probably right there. As long as we are thereabouts in the new year we still have a better chance than any. And looking at the trend it seems that the team leading mid-season rarely wins.

lol, you wouldnt have been saying that if we were top. i hate that we have drawn five games from fifteen. a win and a defeat gives you more points than two draws

Actually, if we were ahead, I still would have said the same thing. :arrow:

Webdesignlab

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
henry_14 said:

no one stepped up

LOL. henry_14 what is the matter? so we drew. 5-1 against wolves also remeber.

The main game is Moscow, no doubt about that. Obviously it's a pisser, but a draw is better than a loss.

Andrew

Arsenal316 said:
Just be realistic. We had bad games like this last year. So did Man. U, and Chelsea. We are going to have bad games like this. This is UNAVOIDABLE. So don't act all shocked, upset, and pout over the fact that we couldn't win. We won't win EVERY game. Some games we deserve to win, some games we didn't. It all balances out in the end.

Now they will forget about this game. It's done. The result is final, and that's that. Now on to more important things. Lokomotiv on Tuesday will probably be the biggest game of the season. Hopefully they will get all the bad play out of their system and show up like they did for Inter last week and kick butt.

I agree 100%. I've been thinking that but now you have put it into words that I couldn't do. :)

Andrew

Webdesignlab said:
patrick42uk said:
henry_14 said:

no one stepped up

LOL. henry_14 what is the matter? so we drew. 5-1 against wolves also remeber.

The main game is Moscow, no doubt about that. Obviously it's a pisser, but a draw is better than a loss.

Yeah, 5-1 will never happen again. LOL! It happened less than a week later.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
It is actually better to ldraw for us. We tend to go on a losing streak if we lose one.

Ahh I would have loved to see us win, but with 10 men and no Henry we have no chance. We should be able to win without him though.

Great Gunman

Disappointed, for **** sake, can't we hold out a result and Ashley sent off again, the media is going to have a field day with us another 3 match ban :cry: I know AW is going to blast Ashley as if we haven't got enough bans already.

I'm fuming :x

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Jinn said:
Glad that Chelsea didn't win though. That might have opened up a gap.

Yeah if we were to have a bad day, hten today was it. Although we should be back on top laughing our heads off.

Andrew

"The Brazilian was denied a second by Walker's acrobatic point-blank save as he met Bergkamp's free-kick with a scissor-kick that the Leicester keeper just managed to push onto the post. "

Hehe... Gilberto doing a scissor kick. Sure that Ronaldo didn't take his place today? It seems he had all the chances.

Jinn

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about Ashley Cole's ban too much. Seems like we have a ready replacement in Clichy.

Adam

Established Member
I am dissapointed, but the pressure is still not that high. The stakes weren't big. We are still up there. So it is not a problem. But it should be a timely reminding experience that we must build on last year and hold onto leads. IT will remind us of how we painfully lost the title last year.

A reminder.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom