• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smail

ceballos masterclass incoming, he wants to show zidane he is the man for the coming season and what better stage than to do it against the European Champions?

OmegaOs

I just want a respectable performance. If we lose by 1 or 2 goals, we take the L, wipe ourselves clean and go again next week. We seem to be the only big team that regularly takes heavy losses and I'm sick of it. 8-2, 6-3, 6-1, 5-1, 4-1, and 10-2 on aggregate against Bayern. I didn't even need to type in the names of the clubs that smacked us because they are fresh on our minds. We're Arsenal ffs, we should be acting like a big club for once.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We sucker punched them only for them to whip us last season.

I hope our defense holds strong and we can get good service to our front 3.

Let's not make a mistake and play Özil. We need disciplined performance.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If you want to be optimistic the stats show that Liverpool’s defence has been very poor this season with their right side being a particular weakness. Will be interesting to see if Klopp plays Gomez or sticks with Trent.

andeoch1

I can’t believe how pessimistic this whole thread is. I’m not a complete dreamer, and have followed The Arsenal since the days of Frank Stapleton and Liam brady, we have a chance on Saturday . I watched both our games twice and we are a better team than pundits give us credit for . A draw or a win for The Arsenal is not unreasonable

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
Surely you recognise that between your class defence and your class attack is a hard working but low quality midfield?

James Milner for ****'s sake, come on lad! You have two of the best attackers in the world and you can't do a like for like quality comparison with the shower of **** playing in the middle?

The only way Liverpool wins the midfield battle against us is if the attackers help out, but I don't think you need to win that battle anyway - your attack and defence carry the team and the midfield just plugs gaps and gives it to the talented front line. Its all you need to do to win against us, and I think you will.
Milner won’t play on Saturday. It will be Fabinho, Gini and Henderson.
Our midfield is vastly underrated. In the second halves against Southampton, Chelsea, and City this season we have absolutely bossed the midfield(us playing poorly in the first , only to dominate in the second has become a theme away from home this season).
And at Anfield, last season, against the top teams, our midfield set the base for us. In Europe against PSG, Napoli, Bayern and Barcelona we were superb in the middle.

This is a match under the lights at Anfield. The place will be rocking. Expect ridiculous energy from our lads in the middle. It’s not going to be easy for you in midfield at all.

Symbia

Milner won’t play on Saturday. It will be Fabinho, Gini and Henderson.
Our midfield is vastly underrated. In the second halves against Southampton, Chelsea, and City this season we have absolutely bossed the midfield(us playing poorly in the first , only to dominate in the second has become a theme away from home this season).
And at Anfield, last season, against the top teams, our midfield set the base for us. In Europe against PSG, Napoli, Bayern and Barcelona we were superb in the middle.

This is a match under the lights at Anfield. The place will be rocking. Expect ridiculous energy from our lads in the middle. It’s not going to be easy for you in midfield at all.
Not true, Chelsea destroyed your midfield all day.

Your whole midfield plays like headless chicken against Kante, you improved a bit in the second half but was still massively dominated in the both haves by Chelsea midfield.

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
Not true, Chelsea destroyed your midfield all day.

Your whole midfield plays like headless chicken against Kante, you improved a bit in the second half but was still massively dominated in the both haves by Chelsea midfield.
Respectfully disagree. The possession was 61 percent in our favor that second half. We created far more opportunities, got to the second balls quicker and pinned Chelsea back into their own half. If not for a magical save from Kepa, game would have been done after 90 minutes. Chelsea only retool control in the second half after their controversial equalizer.

ASIF

I dont think liverpool are all that great and believe we can beat them at Anfield If we play our cards right.They will press us high so matteo,Dani and Joe starts for me as a mid field trio..All 3 of them are good on the ball and in tight space specially Dani.So if we can beat the press and let Auba and Pepe through we could have a lot of Joy.We have to go out there and look to hit them on the counter with real pace.Only one change for me Pepe comes in for Nelson.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Can't stand Pool fans' confidence. This guy coming on here telling us that Henderson is world class FFS.

Hope we utterly humiliate them.

He didn't say that. Their midfield lacks creativity but other than that they're very solid.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It is far from pretty, barely scores and doesn't create much but I really rate Liverpool's midfield. It does exactly what it needs to do, protects the defence, covers for the marauding fullbacks, presses hard and is a solid foundation that allows the creative players to shine.

I would definitely prefer to watch Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets or Silva/de Bruyne/Rodri but in many ways Liverpool's well drilled, hard working midfield is just as effective.

Brolin

Liverpool Fan
Can't stand Pool fans' confidence. This guy coming on here telling us that Henderson is world class FFS.

Hope we utterly humiliate them.
I didn’t even mention Henderson
I’ve been more then respectful since coming on this site, and very humble in our chances this weekend. Mentioned multiple times I see the match being very competitive.
Behave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom