• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Liverpool vs Arsenal | Saturday, 17:30 BST | Sky Sports

What is your predicted result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

Which manager has Laca Auba and Pepe all fit and decide to play a cagey game? What would Watford or Burnley do then since they don’t have such fire power? This game was lost from the first minute. Sorry for Ceballos and Auba. Many would criticise them for their performance. The set up did not favour then. Pepe was outstanding and he would have done better in a better system. Emery get a regular team and stop tinkering around based on opponents. Play your game to the best your players ability. Spend millions over the summer to buy players and then play to te opponents every time. Too tactical in terms of approach.

Ashybashy86

Sokratis doesn’t look comfortable on the right to me. Then again he never looks comfortable on the ball. Anyway, a loss I expected, but did hope for a draw.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Decent performance with defensive errors.

Amazed to see Xhaka & Dani start with no DM. Its Xhaka & Özil all over again... We are not good enough to play multiple niche players away vs anyone let alone the European Champions.

Hopefully we can solve the DM problem in the window.

Axel9090

I aint gonna take this game into consideration when estimating our top 4 hopes, because I expected 0 points. Lets just write this one off.

Moving into next week now where we have to win and we should get all 3. Ill be pissed if we dont. We need to go out with Laca Auba and Pepe for sure.

Gooner_girl14

Didn't learn anything new here - 3-1 is a decent scoreline for us considering the obvious gulf in quality between the 2 teams. Luiz's silly foul to give them the penalty killed us and the game. We knew Luiz would be a liability at times and have his mad moments. The main positives from this game IMO is that key players like Pepe and Torreira who are lacking sharpness/fitness look like they're getting there.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
So, we've played the worst of any team Liverpool has played against this season except for after the subs. This is truly an Emery problem. The man is a fücking coward. From talking about how he would like never to play them to having us turn up in our shortest dress ready to be fücked.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This wasnt as terrible as it perhaps could have been. Indeed, we actually didn't perform too badly for the most part, but the damage was done immediately before and after HT.

Neville is kinda right - there is a quality issue from a couple of players in different respects. For one, we don't have a strong enough passing defence to play out from the back. Sokratis passing was very laboured and AMN was flitting between decent and sloppy all too often.

Also our midfield was mixed. It was actually the youngsters who performed admirably while Ceballos struggled and Xhaka had an average game.

The attack was somewhat promising aswell. Enjoyed Pepe. Think we could have done with Nelson or Mhki (preferably the former) in that 2nd half to help pin them back a little.

There were promising signs. Emery didn't do a bad job tactically either to start with, but when the game state changed he was timid rather than seeking to make an impact.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Terrible match for us of you think how far we've fallen and how wide the gaps become.

Don't think it means we won't get top 4 though

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
3-1, pretty bad result, but expected. Tactics did seem a bit wrong, barely challenged their crosses. No need to go nuclear about this one.

I feel like people overgrow their optimism and then fall too far. Definitely happened last season after a good run. Last season’s target was stability, this season’s target is top 4. Let’s move forward.

JoaoFelix

This loss is for everyone who said we were playing well. We defended during the whole game, we didn't press them, we didn't do nothing. How is that a good performance? I didn't feel he tried to win the game. We were **** and we deserved nothing. Name me two players who have been good for us. All the Liverpool's players were good. Even Henderson was much better than us. There was no intensity, no pressing. All he we did was throw long balls at Auba and Pepe. And you want to win with this kind of mentality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom