• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Newcastle 2 - 0 Arsenal | Monday 16th May | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to rally the troops.

No time to be down since we have a chance of redemption right here.

None of this sitting back or reactive tactics, please. We need to play on the front foot, hold the ball and silence the crowd. City bouncing back after their CL exit should be the blueprint for Arteta as they remained focused and did this to Newcastle:

B8B0FDB3-C1B8-473F-9C92-9E094EFF8700.jpeg

It’ll be a lot tougher as they’ve only lost one game in 2022 at home and that was against Liverpool but WE CAN DO IT.

Remember the last time we had to secure CL football at St James Park? Well, we got the job done and I don’t see why we can’t do so here.

image.jpg

Let’s remain positive, win this one and move on to Everton.

🤞

COYG 🔴⚪🔴⚪

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Gotcha...

"A congenital heart defect has apparently felled the entire Newcastle team, moments before they could step onto the pitch"

Force Majeure. Pretty much the only reason we're getting 6 points from the remaining 2 matches :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Honestly, I have no idea what we do here, in terms of formation.

Even best case scenario, with Gabriel and White fit to start...it's still Cedric v ASM, which is bad.

We could go to a back 5 (which we should have done last night) which would give us more defensive cover (especially with so many key defenders out) but I am not sure we even have the available players to play that formation...

Ramsdale
Tomi-White (?)-Gabriel (?)
Cedric-Elneny-Xhaka-Saka
Ødegaard
Gabby-Eddie
...I don't know, guess this is the best we could do...fullbacks are massive red flags right now.

All I know, is whoever is 4th after this game, will get Champions League...both teams will win their last game, this game week is it.

Please Arsenal, please :pray:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we win this, we'll get 4th easily. Can't remember the last time we failed to win our last game of the season. Then again, Mikel might just obliterate that record.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Honestly, I have no idea what we do here, in terms of formation.

Even best case scenario, with Gabriel and White fit to start...it's still Cedric v ASM, which is bad.

We could go to a back 5 (which we should have done last night) which would give us more defensive cover (especially with so many key defenders out) but I am not sure we even have the available players to play that formation...

Ramsdale
Tomi-White (?)-Gabriel (?)
Cedric-Elneny-Xhaka-Saka
Ødegaard
Gabby-Eddie
...I don't know, guess this is the best we could do...fullbacks are massive red flags right now.

All I know, is whoever is 4th after this game, will get Champions League...both teams will win their last game, this game week is it.

Please Arsenal, please :pray:
Gabriel done his hammy,

Ramsdale
Cedric White Tomi Tavares
Ode Elneny Xhaka
Saka Nketiah Marti
is my guess

Tom Mix

If only we had 2 out of 3 to choose from Chambers, Mavropanos and Saliba. Hell! If we even had fcuking Pablo Mari! But no, we were very clever and saved a few pennies and now it might cost us a few tens of millions of pounds.

Still... play whichever fit centre-back you have and go for three at the back with your best two defensive wing backs in midfield.

Win however and you end up 4th. Newcastle are far from the finished article. We don't need to put 5 past them like City, 1-0 will do.

Reactions: Kav

Riou

Lets get back to some football like this on Monday...

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

If we win this, we'll get 4th easily. Can't remember the last time we failed to win our last game of the season. Then again, Mikel might just obliterate that record.
We drew 1-1 with Brighton at home in 2019. We missed out on CL qualification due to that result. Sp**s pipped us to 4th place. That was the last Arsenal game I attended. The bad news is I'm going to the Everton game.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

He's yet to meet a horrible record he hasn't loved to break :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Our defence is going to be even more hilarious in this one.

Seriously, visualise how you think we can win.

We allowed Barton to net two penalties, let in a Tiote shoot & pray effort & gifted a goal to one of the power rangers. I honestly fail to see how more hilarious it can get? :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We drew 1-1 with Brighton at home in 2019. We missed out on CL qualification due to that result. Sp**s pipped us to 4th place. That was the last Arsenal game I attended. The bad news is I'm going to the Everton game.
Our last game of 2018/2019 was Burnley. We beat them 3-1.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Burnley are not beating Sp**s, they usually get battered in that fixture. They’re good at Turf Moor but can’t do it away from home.

Should win this though and make that result irrelevant.

Underestimate Michael Jackson at your peril. He's going to moonwalk all over Conte's expensive toupee before it's all said & done.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Our last game of 2018/2019 was Burnley. We beat them 3-1.
Na, it was Brighton. The stadium emptied before the team took their lap of honour. Xhaka gave away a penalty.

Edit: I meant last home game, sorry I didn't read your post properly.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Na, it was Brighton. The stadium emptied before the team took their lap of honour. Xhaka gave away a penalty.
A simple google search could help you out boss. Can't believe you refused to check it out for yourself :facepalm:

Riou

Feel we have to play a back 5 in this, the more I think about it...we have too many injuries, we need to add another defensive player.

Even if it means Xhaka/Mo at CB, if Gabriel isn't fit...we absolutely can't have Cedric and Nuno v ASM and Almiron, we can't have that in a back 4... don't trust our players mentally right now either, they need a little extra protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom