• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal | Sunday July 12 | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,087
  • Views 109,806

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

What Sp**s fans expect? Fighting for titles they are top 6 clubs at best they should be thankful what levy achieve.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t drink anymore, been a year maybe. Really miss it.

You're missing nothing. I've basically stopped drinking. Have drunk more during lockdown and think it's had negative effects

Nothing major but it's noticeable

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A clip of @Mrs Bergkamp husband making multiple Sp**s players look stupid with some beautiful touches, lovely stuff...

...it's absolutely hilarious how Tim Sherwood tries to bring Dennis down, but just bounces of him and somehow ends up in a headstand position :rofl:

This game was massive to us winning the league in 2002, balls of steel penalty from Lauren at the death to win it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
A clip of @Mrs Bergkamp husband making multiple Sp**s players look stupid with some beautiful touches, lovely stuff...

...it's absolutely hilarious how Tim Sherwood tries to bring Dennis down, but just bounces of him and somehow ends up in a headstand position :rofl:

This game was massive to us winning the league in 2002, balls of steel penalty from Lauren at the death to win it.

Was at that game. It would have been a disaster if that Lauren pen had just gently rolled into the keepers hands :rofl:

Lauren was forged in iron. It is my understanding that he was not a vegan.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

There's is so many really. Diplomatico is my favorite though put it's a bit pricey as well. Ron de Jeremy is nice as well, pick up their spiced one if you can find, it's cheap and delicious. Plantation got a ton of safe options from all over the Caribbean for good value.
Thanks for the tips. Might try that Diplomatico. Was going to try to find a bottle of Zacapa 23 Centenario.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I just noticed that Lawro has tipped Sp**s becasue 'they are more solid' despite them conceding 2 more goals than us this season, can't beat a bit of lazy stereotyping!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I just noticed that Lawro has tipped Sp**s becasue 'they are more solid' despite them conceding 2 more goals than us this season, can't beat a bit of lazy stereotyping!

And I've just noticed both Chelsea and Sp**s have a worse defensive record than we do, yet we get killed for it by the media because ours are mostly dumb errors. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

And I've just noticed both Chelsea and Sp**s have a worse defensive record than we do, yet we get killed for it by the media because ours are mostly dumb errors. :lol:

It's just lazy analysis, Arsenal are now just automatically associated with being poor defensively. No matter how well we do in that department I don't think it'll be easy to shake that tag. We could keep 9 clean sheets in a row, but then if we make an error in that 10th game the other 9 games are quickly forgotten. I remember in the calendar year 2013 Kos-Per was statistically the best partnership that year yet it wasn't really acknowledged that much how well they were doing.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's just lazy analysis, Arsenal are now just automatically associated with being poor defensively. No matter how well we do in that department I don't think it'll be easy to shake that tag. We could keep 9 clean sheets in a row, but then if we make an error in that 10th game the other 9 games are quickly forgotten. I remember in the calendar year 2013 Kos-Per was statistically the best partnership that year yet it wasn't really acknowledged that much how well they were doing.
Nobody on sky has called out Neville about the whole "uncoachable" thing yet either. We all know our defenders aren't the best out there individually but when you can get a tune out of a back 3 of Mustafi/Luiz/Kolasinac surely that deserves some credit? Still we've being dealing with media bias from Sky/BT for so many years now you get used to it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

That's cos we were losing games 6-0 6-3 5-1 3-0 etc etc, even with only 10 men that's a lot to concede for a good defence.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

It isn't just pundits though. 2015/16 over the whole season, we had the most clean sheets, the second least goals against and the best squawka stats for interceptions, tackles and headed clearances. Yet still the pundits and even our own fans were saying that Arsenal were clueless in defence. That's how powerful a narrative can be.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That's cos we were losing games 6-0 6-3 5-1 3-0 etc etc, even with only 10 men that's a lot to concede for a good defence.

I meant the calendar year 2013 prior to that City game. Statistically they were the best partnership. Of course after that we suffered a lot and the partnership was never as good but for a period they were excellent together but never really got the credit for it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

That's true. But for me those few thrashings were to be expected with a very attacking minded manager, without the money to fund real quality defenders.

The point is, that 'all out' attack strategy was ridiculously successful in getting us top 4 and CL every year.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I meant the calendar year 2013 prior to that City game. Statistically they were the best partnership. Of course after that we suffered a lot and the partnership was never as good but for a period they were excellent together but never really got the credit for it.

Yeah but who cares about calendar year? That's just arbitrary. If we did it throughout the season then yeah maybe it would mean something.

That's true. But for me those few thrashings were to be expected with a very attacking minded manager, without the money to fund real quality defenders.

The point is, that 'all out' attack strategy was ridiculously successful in getting us top 4 and CL every year.

I'm not one of those shoulda woulda coulda Arsenal fans, but that's the one season where I feel like we could've won the league if Arsène showed pragmatism.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

2014 was a good chance, but feel we lacked that x-factor forward that year, I felt we would have dropped of in the end regardless that season.

If we had bought Suarez instead of Özil that summer and Walcott had stayed fit for the season, we could have done it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom