• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | December 31, 2017 | 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Stoke, Watford, West brom... Our away record is awful, but margins/decisions have gone against us.. Let’s just hope it truly evens out

BobP

Memri Fan
IT is not about how good or bad we were because it’s not up to the referee to decide these things.
It’s his job only to decide the right decisions.

Look, as long as humans officiate matches without any assistance, mistakes will occur, there's nothing you, nor I, nor the manager can do about that.

If you want to lead a crusade against the alleged biases of leading officials, by all means, go for it.

Rather than toss and turn in despair, the manager would be better served focusing on all that which falls under his control.

The fact of the matter is this wasn't some tight contest against a fellow top 4 competitor, this was bottom of the league West Brom who we struggled against.

OSBK

Established Member
Paul merson.... "never never never never never never never never never never jeff never never never in a million years was that a pen against sol campbell"

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
1. Bad performance but on New Years Eve, 2 days after last away game, 3 days before Chelsea you take it when it ends 1-0

2. Özil leaving will be a bigger loss than Sanchez imo.

3. Lacazette... tick tock

4. Petr Cech haha fuming

5. Great quote from Wenger but he’s run out of gas

6. Happy New Year

HBL

Established Member
Not a great performance at all. But seriously how many games have we had decisions go against us now?

Stoke
Watford
City
United
Southampton
West Brom

That’s just off the top of my head. We need to spend in January otherwise we’ll get left behind. There were only three players on the pitch today that showed any attacking quality for us.

On a more positive note I thought Musatfi was good again today, other than his standard 1-2 lunges per game. Chambers looks much better, still looks vulnerable when dragged out wide.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Look, as long as humans officiate matches without any assistance, mistakes will occur, there's nothing you, nor I, nor the manager can do about that.

Rather than toss and turn in despair, the manager would be better served focusing on all that which falls under his control.

The fact of the matter is this wasn't some tight contest against a fellow top 4 competitor, this was bottom of the league West Brom who we struggled against.

A false argument - they played 5 across the back and even Man City struggled today against that kind of defensive effort from Palace. Man Utd suffered likewise the other day and they were at home against Saints.

West Brom played their hearts out defensively but that’s all they did.

It was was a truly, truly shocking refereeing decision, flying the face of supposed “policy” and it’s cost us two points - and that’s a fact.

If Dean doesn’t get dropped for that decision, it’s an outrage.

ptrcopp

If you want to lead a crusade against the alleged biases of leading officials, by all means, go for it.

I don’t want a crusade I want consistency.
Fine margins decide games. I’d rather it was decided by teams’ competence or ineptitude rather than by decisions like this.

And your final point: this is the Premier League. There are always tight games. And yes, the team could have scored before, and should have created more chances. But that is a different debate. But City drew today against a team we beat.

It was a wrong decision that cost the game. Not incompetencies.

IslingtonBornandbred

**** decision by Dean. Not quite sure bringing Per on against a team who was sitting back was a bright idea. Just go to a 4 and play Mustafi/Chambers in the middle surely!

Anyway. We move on. Not a big deal anymore. A point or three points. It doesn't make too much different when you are playing for the 4th place trophy.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Think this was worse then the Gabriel sending off, tbh. With most incompetent ref decisions, you can sort of, through the murk, see why they've given their decisions. But Dean's decisions are completely without logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom