• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | December 31, 2017 | 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IslingtonBornandbred

VAR going to help it's already useful in Italy and Germany

There are certain aspects of VAR so far I don't like. I don't like the refereeing literally stopping the game and going over to watch the replay on a TV on the side of the pitch. I think that's ridiculous.

But, I'd like to have someone in the referee's ear, a colleague who's watching on a screen with some sort of super fast replay available which can be done. In the time the ball went out of play, if Dean was unsure, he could have paused for a couple of seconds, or given the corner but in literally 5-10 seconds I reckon an official watching on a screen in a room somewhere could have said he wasn't a penalty. Problem with that though, is one official can decide one thing and another official can decide another thing. You see it all the time now....two ex-referee's may have completely different opinions on the same decision.

I believe Dean just ****ed up in that situation. It wasn't a decision where he needed extra help anyway. That's what he's trained to do. He's just a ****ing idiot because the first indicator it shouldn't have been a penalty was the distance between Gibbs and Chambers. The second was his arm was across his body, not outstretched, and the third was it wasn't deliberate like the rule book states.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yeah MLS been using it as well, its been great.

Yet they didn't take a look back at the biggest goal of the year in the final...

In the final Jozy was offsides the whole time as he tried to bend his run and clearly never made it back onside but the bottler ref didn't want to look at it and end the hometown's celebrations.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There are certain aspects of VAR so far I don't like. I don't like the refereeing literally stopping the game and going over to watch the replay on a TV on the side of the pitch. I think that's ridiculous.

But, I'd like to have someone in the referee's ear, a colleague who's watching on a screen with some sort of super fast replay available which can be done. In the time the ball went out of play, if Dean was unsure, he could have paused for a couple of seconds, or given the corner but in literally 5-10 seconds I reckon an official watching on a screen in a room somewhere could have said he wasn't a penalty. Problem with that though, is one official can decide one thing and another official can decide another thing. You see it all the time now....two ex-referee's may have completely different opinions on the same decision.

I believe Dean just ****ed up in that situation. It wasn't a decision where he needed extra help anyway. That's what he's trained to do. He's just a ****ing idiot because the first indicator it shouldn't have been a penalty was the distance between Gibbs and Chambers. The second was his arm was across his body, not outstretched, and the third was it wasn't deliberate like the rule book states.
It only stop when there is doubtful red card or penalty it just take 1 minute maximum

IslingtonBornandbred

On another note, hasn't our football been absolutely **** this season and for a while now?

Just seem to have no ideas going forward. Nothing's clicking. Not sure whether we play through the middle. We don't really get in behind. Not sure what we are trying to achieve. Without Cazorla it's really gone to shi*t.

Our number 1 tactic seems to be hoping one of the 10 chip passes Alexis makes into the opposition box falls to someone like Ramsey who then finishes.

On another note, hasn't our football been absolutely **** this season and for a while now?

Just seem to have no ideas going forward. Nothing's clicking. Not sure whether we play through the middle. We don't really get in behind. Not sure what we are trying to achieve. Without Cazorla it's really gone to shi*t.

Our number 1 tactic seems to be hoping one of the 10 chip passes Alexis makes into the opposition box falls to someone like Ramsey who then finishes.
YEP - spot on.
We are toothless ....attacking consists of facing 2 rows of at least 4, and lobbing balls into giants against our dwarfs. Or, running and passing side to side all the while the defenders thinking 'this is good they are never challenging us'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom