PL | West Ham vs Arsenal | 13th of December @ 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevius, Dec 11, 2017.

?

What result do you predict for this game?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2017.
  1. Arsenal win

48.9%
  2. Draw

22.2%
  3. Robbie buys a new Rolls Royce

28.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Hoping Emery cloud has a silver lining

Funnily enough I watched Milner taking on a full back, passing him and getting a cross in at the by line, and thought, we don't seem to have a winger/wing back/ full back that can do that anymore.

2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I was thinking the same for bit yesterday. I was pondering peoples opinions on everything Arsenal, and I noticed they seem somewhat warped on certain things--especially players. I used to think they're just fanboys or had spent too much time on Football Manager, but I'm thinking Wenger has played a part in it. If it wasn't just a game, I'd be inclined to call it mental abuse :lol: Over 20 years of indoctrination... It's deep.

3. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Yeah shocking really. When it gets so static as yesterday, with your lot defending deep and with numbers, you need to make something happen. Take a guy on, get to the byline, take a few pot-shots through traffic, crowd the box with runners and put some crosses in.

But no, lets just pass the ball back and forth without purpose until someone gets frustrated and just puts a pointless ball into the box, as you say. Late on we have Giroud, Welbeck and Lacazette all on the pitch. But still no ****ing off the ball runs and no crosses into the box.

AMN, the kid, actually put a few crosses into the box, looking for Giroud. Looked dangerous every time. Well, I'm sure they coach it out of him. Better to keep possession.

4. mavelous

mavelous Well-Known Member Trusted

if this is how we play with Özil, Sanchez and our best option for goals from the bench....

... all of whom are likely to leave us within the next 6 months..

no i'm not in the doom and gloom mode at all.

5. skip spence

skip spence Well-Known Member

Yeah, no-one since the Ox, who'd **** it up more often than not. Nelson looks promising in that department but we'll have to wait for that I guess..

Makingtrax likes this.
  6. marting

marting Well-Known Member

Is that you Arsène? Lol

7. Goonerozil33

Goonerozil33 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm might sue you for this.

Makingtrax likes this.
  8. Goonerozil33

Goonerozil33 Well-Known Member

I can understand your frustration with yesterday's result. But the performance was much better than most of our Away games. We played in opposition half for most of the match and was unlucky not to score a goal. These matches happen every other week for 5 out of 6 top 6 teams. Chelsea lost their last week. The margins are really thin in this league. Our league form has been terrible away from home, but at home bar against Man Utd we have done exceedingly well.

Makingtrax likes this.
  9. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Such a poor performance.

We played southampton and west ham and all due respect to the opposition but those 2 teams are in freefall. Leicester absolutely battered southampton, they carved them open. I dont know who west ham have next but from what I saw of them then the likes of a liverpool would put 5-6 past them.

I am not a giroud fan but last night was shocking for the guy, the guy thrives on a cross yet we just dont do it. Iwobi, well I can only say that he reminds me too much of nasri. We saw the best of bellerin in a back four, ever since we changed formation he looks half the player.

Massive game the weekend, nothing less than a dominating victory will do. These guys who have not played need to come in and perform.

10. tap-in

tap-in :-)

tbh I didnt even look to see who we have next, but yeh, maybe! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.