• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Kiev | 25/11/08

GaelForce22

Established Member
Almunia -

Djourou -
Gallas -
Silvestre -
Clichy -

Ramsey -
El Capitan -
Song -
Denilson -

Van Persie -
Vela -

Subs

Bendtner
Wilshere

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v Dynamo Kiev Match Ratings 1-0

almunia 6
djourou 5
gallas 4
sivestre 5
clichy 5
song 6
fabregas 7.5
ramsey 5.5
denilson 6
rvp 5
vela 4.5

bendtner 6
wilshere 5.5

Invincible

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v Dynamo Kiev 1-0 Match Ratings

Almunia 7
Djourou 6
Gallas 5
Silvestre 5
Clichy 6
Ramsey 5
Fabregas 8 MOTM - Captain Fabtastic
Song 5
Denilson 4
Van Persie 6
Vela 5

Bendtner 7
Wilshere 6

kamikaze80

Established Member

almunia - 8 - match-winning save

djourou - 6 - not a RB but solid enough
gallas - 6 - excellent except for the mistake, great to see his head's not dropped
silvestre - 6
clichy - 7

ramsey - 5.5 - too narrow, clearly out of position but you can tell he's got something to offer in the future
fabregas - 7
song - 6.5 - did a decent job tracking back
denilson - 2

van persie - 5 - wtf is he doing sometimes?
vela - 7 - looked bright

bendtner - 7 - well taken goal
wilshere - 6

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"

Everybody 5, Clichy 6, Wilshere 6, Bendtner 7, Almunia 7, Cesc 7 & MOTM.

arsmile

Established Member

Al-7.5- one great save, otherwise good smart work, quick, clever distribution

Djourou-7- solid job at rb

Galas-6.5- one mistake, one discounted good finish- a bit of dignity for a change tonight

Silvestre-5- alright

Clichy-7- good tonight, high energy

Ramsey-6- bright for the first few minutes, creative and inventive but not always in the game

Cesc-8- instrumental, offensively and defensively, made the goal- best player out there, great start from the captain

Song-4- faultless at breaking up play, a liability in possession- can’t pass and heavy touch

Denilson-4.5- rubbish on the wing, but then he’s not a winger, not his fault he was played there, worked hard enough

Vanpersie-5- didn’t really do anything, asides couple of half decent freekicks

Vela-5.5- put himself about but was really a little small to be leading the lien against a physical side- did ok

Bendtner-7- got the goal, great goal and that was his job, and extra point for the pink boots

Wilshere—6.5- in just 10 minutes made a big impact with some NEARLY perefect passing and great confident movement. Must get in the team on the wing ahead of players who cant play on the wing (denilson!)

Just what we needed, now we just need an easy little premiership game on the weekend to secure the new beginning, i wonder who we’ve got, I’ll just check the fixture list...................................oh
And congratulations to wenger for actually brining on wilshere when we needed a goal- something he’s been too scared to do before

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Almunia - 7 - Good save near the end, but still looks shakey, and i wish he would find out his near post is.

Djourou - 6 - Solid in defence, offered little going forward though.
Gallas - 6 - Did well, apart from the one error.
Silvestre - 6 - Solid, didnt really do anything wrong.
Clichy - 7 - Good, offered little protection though which limited him going forward.

Song - 6 - Some decent interceptions & tackles, but countered by giving the ball away to often.
Denilson - 5 - Didn't think he was as bad as some people are making out, he won some free kicks in decent areas, but gave the ball away to often.
Ramsey - 6 - Decent, some good runs, decent passing.
Cesc - 8 - Ran the show, didnt put a foot wrong and set up the goal with a great pass.

Vela - 7 - Worked hard, the only player that offered some directness.
RVP - 5 - Didnt seem to know whether he was playing in midfield or upfront today, slowed our play down to often, needs to stay up top and not drop so deep all the time.

Wilshere - 6 - Looked good, needs to be used more often offered something different when he came on.
Pinky Bendtner - 7 - Took his goal well

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

kamikaze80 said:
almunia - 8 - match-winning save

djourou - 6 - not a RB but solid enough
gallas - 6 - excellent except for the mistake, great to see his head's not dropped
silvestre - 6
clichy - 7

ramsey - 5.5 - too narrow, clearly out of position but you can tell he's got something to offer in the future
fabregas - 7
song - 6.5 - did a decent job tracking back
denilson - 2

van persie - 5 - wtf is he doing sometimes?
vela - 7 - looked bright

bendtner - 7 - well taken goal
wilshere - 6

Would go with most of those althoug harsh on Denilson. Deserves more for effort at least

giuliob

Almunia - 8 Came out and saved the game...Nic going...Manny, let it carry over to the next game....
Djourou - 6 Did a decent job...
Gallas - 6 Another decent job...
Silvestre - 5.5 Okay
Clichy - 7 Moments of pure Clichy...
Ramsey - 4 Out of position
Fabregas - 8 Played his best game of the season; all phases; a fine debut as the cappy...
Song - 4 I like him because some of the time he goes unnoticed which is good and gets the job done; but then he loses a lot of balls, unnecessarily...
Denilson - 4 Even though he was played out of position, he needs to do a better job in one on one situations...
Van Persie - 5 His heart was there, his work rate too...A couple of nice free kicks/corners
Vela - 5.5 Too bad is direct way of attack didn't fit in with this group...Wish he would play more....

Bendtner -7 Came out firing, and the goal was a beauty....
Wilshere -7 Wished he had come into the game earlier, in place of Denilson....A fire cracker...

kamikaze80

Established Member

yea denilson "won" freekicks by falling down under minimal contact after he dribbled himself into cul de sacs and double coverage time and time again. if i had the video editing software, i'd analyze one of his matches and show everything he does wrong but i dont. i dont think he's as bad as he's been this year, but he may not be any good, either.

and i dont give points for effort, that should be a given. i do deduct points for lack of effort.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Almunia 8 - Saved the day.

Djourou 7 - Out of position but was excellent like he has been in every other game this season. Really hope that he starts with Gallas against Chelsea.
Gallas 7 - Apart from one mistake he was faultless. Looked determined to score as well.
Silvestre 6 - Solid enough.
Clichy 8 - Typical Gael performance. One run at the end was stunning.

Ramsey 6 - Very good in the first half but not in the game in the second. Needs to work on his stamina for now.
Song 5 - Broke up Kiev well but his passing was dreadful.
El Capitan 8 - Fantastic captains performance. Controlled the game in the first half and his wonderful ball won it for us in the second.
Denilson 4 - Was out muscled 15-20 times in the match and didn't do a lot in the attack. He's clearly very low on confidence but we can't afford to be playing him out of this dip.

Vela 6 - Looked bright on the counter but is going to have to learn how to make a difference against deep defences.
Van Persie 5 - Stuggled tonight. I think he might of had one mind on Sunday (or so I hope).

Bendtner 7 - Great control and finish for his goal.
Wilshere 7 - How old?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Almunia - 8
Djourou - 6
Gallas - 6
Silvestre - 6
Clichy - 7
Ramsey - 6 (Surprised at the low ratings for him this far. I didn't think he was bad at all, though he disappeared in the second half. Rarely took the wrong decision and played generally very well. Would have looked much better with Kolo, Eboue or Sagna behind him)
Cesc - 7
Song - 3
Denilson - 5
Vela - 6
van Persie - 5

Substitutes
Wilshere - 7
Bendtner - 7

Kain

Established Member

Almunia -7- Seems to revel in CL footy was alert to stop the breakthrough the Kiev player later in the second half, but for the most part a quiet game.

Djourou -7.5- Starting to love this player he should probably be starting was sceptical about him playing RB but he done a good job if he can ahndle both this position and CB we might have a real gem here.

Gallas -6.5- When he messed up in the first half and gifted Kiev a chance you could feel every sport writer in the world ready to rip Gallas another new one, he had a goal that was ruled offside but he done alright when you consider hes proabably had one of the worst weeks of his career.

Silvestre -6- Bit quiet really.

Clichy -7- Typical Clichy performance tryed to make things happen when the midfield seemed to switch off.

Ramsey -6- With masses of injurys he got given a chance out on the right wing but had a tough time getting involved sometimes abandoning the position completly to get involved, notpiss poor but not great either.

El Capitan -8- MOTM Had a really good first half, pinged a few passes around and stayed in a positive position rather than fall back to DM which has been his downfall abit this season, quiet start to the second half but a great pass for Bendtner to seal the victory, he was thinking faster than anyone else on the pitch at the moment... just what we need from a captain.

Song -5- Good first half but then got into a competition with Denilson...the 'which midfielder can **** up the most' competition, sadly Denilson won.

Denilson -4- Had the job on the left wing, was never going to be great but my God he went down at every single challenge every one, seriously 90 minuets of football and he didnt stay on his feet for more than 30 seconds, thank God the ref wasent booking divers.

Van Persie -5- was ineffective dropped to deep to often leaving Vela as a lone frontman, i wish he'd stay upfront on the last defender more he can make good runs when hes alert but his need to come deep to get involved in the play is getting annoying

Vela -6- Had a hard time, made things tick when he was able to get involved unfortunatly he wasent able to do that to often.

Bendtner aka Pinky -7- Our game seemed to up a notch when he came on the pitch, he seems to love the super-sub role for us. made himself an option had good movement and was alert to Cesc pass in the final minuets to secure our fist win in weeks, possibly one of our most important goals this season, lots of deserved critisism recently so well done.

law

Almunia - 7 - Solid when called upon

Djourou - 6.5 - didn't have much to do but generally did it well
Gallas - 6 - did well except for a goal line clearance the wrong end and a horrible mistake near our box
Silvestre - 6 - didn't notice him too much
Clichy - 8 - great as usual

Ramsey - 6.5 - out of position but not out of his depth not bad not great
El Capitan - 9 - completely bossed the game like we haven't seen him do this season, not only was his passing spot on but his defending was miles better than it has been this season
Song - 7 - a few sloppy touches but solid defensively and his passing was looking like what you want from Cesc's partner
Denilson - 7.5 - out of position but worked hard, kept the ball, made a few top draw passes and cleverly worked his way out of some difficult situations

Van Persie - 7 - not at his best but made some really nice touches and flicks of the sort he's been struggling to pull fo all season
Vela - 6.5 - started well but drifted out, and made a few sloppy passes when we were looking dangerous

Subs
Bendtner - 8 - Donkey? His movement troubled them from the moment he came on
Wilshere - 6.5 - never looked out of his depth

True Gooner

Established Member

Almunia 7

Djourou 6.5
Gallas 6
Silvestre 6
Clichy 7

Ramsey 6
Fabregas 7
Song 5
Denilson 6

Van Persie 6
Vela 6

Subs
Bendtner 7
Wilshere 6

dutchMasta

Almunia 7 (Nice save)
Djourou 6 (Decent)
Gallas 6 (Bar mistake, was good in winning tackles and reading the game)
Silvestre 6 (Ok)
Clichy 6 (One awesome run, decent otherwise, still not the Clichy I know he can be)
Ramsey 5 (Couldn't really impact the game, some nice ideas)
Fabregas 7.5 (Great offensive and defensive performance)
Song 6 (Some sloppy passing but won quite a few balls in the middle)
Denilson 3 (Clearly not a versatile player, weird for a supposed jack of all trades but master of none)
Van Persie 5 (Poor)
Vela 5 (Tried, but didn't work out)

Bendtner 7 (Well taken goal)
Wilshere 6 (He deserves more game time)

ricky1985

Established Member

My Ratings;

Almunia - 8. Gone up in my estimations tonight. Made a great save when we really needed it, and then proceeded to shout at a few of the main culprits for the **** up.

Djourou - 6. Did alright in an unfamiliar position.

Gallas - 6. Really felt for him tonight. Did his job well barring one slip.

Silvestre - 6. Ok, didnt do anything particularly wrong, and won a fair few headers. Some good raking passes.

Clichy - 7. Some great forward runs. Dealt with his flank well, and dealt with it on his own.

Ramsey - 5. Not a right winger, and it showed. Although he still showed some clever touches and astute passing.

Fabregas - 8. Real plus for the night. Complete performance capped with a phenomenal pass to set-up Bendtner.

Song - 5. Frankly, he is not a defensive midfielder. He started reasonably well, and made some good tackles throughout. However his lack of agility and mobility were big problems at times. Not to mention his poor distribution. For me today showed why he can be a good centreback.

Denilson - 4. Where to start? His passing ridiculously slow paced, and he took an age to figure out what he was gonna do. He didnt help Clichy out at all, not because he was lazy, simply becasue he didnt have a clue how to play the role of a left midfielder. Both offesnively and defensively. He in the very definition of uninspiring.

Van Persie - 4. Marginally better second half. Overall I thought he was utter crap. He only looks dangerous from set-pieces atm. His passing was, frankly, * at times, and his movement is laughable. I want him dropped so Vela can play the 2nd striker role with Ade leading.

Vela - 6. I thought his touch and movement were top drawer. He just had no passing options or support. It's a joke that he came off and not Van Persie.

Subs;

Wilshere - 6. Our passing and attacking movement instantly improved with the introduction of Jack. Fabregas had someone to work with all of a sudden. Nearly put Fabregas through on goal with a clever little through ball, but was blocked.

Bendtner - 7. Took his goal brilliantly. We looked better when he came on because the emphasis of our attacks was Nik and not Van Persie.

Lukazan

Established Member

Almunia - 8 Match winning save for the myth brigade on A-M.

Djourou - 4
Gallas - 3
Silvestre - 5
Clichy - 5

Ramsey - 5
Fabregas - 7
Song - 4
Denilson - 4 Low on money but have the conscience to mug? Denilson is your target. Would probably collapse under someone elses breath.

Van Persie - 4
Vela - 3

Subs
Bendtner - 7
Wilshere - 6

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Almunia 8 kept us alive, going 1-0 down would defintely bury this team

Djourou 5 looked really lost IMO
Gallas 5 unlucky with one potentially awful mistake that Bangoura saved him.
Silvestre 5 there is something that made him look shaky
Clichy 5 way waaaaaaay below his normal self

Ramsey 7 did good in first half a bit weak on him maybe that's why so high mark
El Capitan 8 did well, he had to play at least 2 midfield position that always seem to lower his rating
Song 3 he is good as sub defender not else I'm affraid
Denilson 4 say what You won't he can play passing game in this team, thatfor not good enough.

Van Persie 4 Was Willy right? He was more ballerina that star striker IMO
Vela 7 tried, was actually our only hope for scoring if Cesc wasn't a genious.

Subs
Bendtner 6 simply cause he scored, IMO also not good enough for Arsenal
Wilshere 7.5 he MUST play more, his presence was instantly noticable, how he is so low in line to play it's beyond me.

sesquioxide

Can anyone explain to me why some people are giving higher ratings to van Persie than to Vela? Van Persie left Vela up isolated, and Vela was helping defend from the front. Vela also created a lot more than van Persie. Surely he deserved better ratings?

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom