• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Kiev | 25/11/08

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: Arsenal v Dynamo Kiev 1-0 Match Ratings

Almunia - 7 - cruial save
Djourou - 6 - did ok, tried to contribute to both attacking and defense
Gallas - 6 - a bit shaky. Looked trying hard to redeem himself in front of the supporters.
Silverstre - 6
Clichy - 6 - solid
Ramsey - 6 - did OK.
Song - 5 - Gave physical presence but a few time was too slow to recover his position. I think he could've run quicker but somehow he didn't. Perhaps tired? You can see there is a hole right in front of him when he tracking back but didn't fill that place. In the end Dynamo players spotted and entered into that space and created some chances. Some of Songs' passes were less than ideal as well. More like slotting passes instead of putting proper weight.
Denilson - 4 - Looked very very short of confidence. Almost took two three touches to control the ball every time and not aware of whereabout his passing options. I think he can do better than that but he's becoming less and less creative comparing to his display at the beginning of this season.
Cesc - 7 - good to see more forward movement from him to exploit space. His passes become more angle cutting and more like those passes he made last season. Did some nice linkup.
Robin - 5 - a bit struggle to find places to exert his influence. Looked too occupied with his attempts to creat chances.
Vela - 7 - the only player tried to beat Dynamo defender one on one

Wilshere - 5 - some nice controls and showed he has an eye for danagerous final ball. Yet too little show time for him.
Bendtner - 7 - finally the little Pinky scored. Pheww.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i saw Nik's goal, and it was a nice finish.. but does anyone else think his first touch almost let him down there after he chested the ball down? he kicked it further to his left than he should have, but recovered well to slot the ball in, but it could have easily happened that he brought it too wide and someone nicked the ball off him of he made a worse angle for himself by pushing it to the left.....

just wondering if i was the only one who thought this after seeing the replay....

Feet

Yeah i thought that too. The fact is he buried it, so it matters not what he did.

I don;t think an RvP\Vela partnership has any chance of succeeding but with Bendtner being worse than average before this game it's not like we had anyone else.

COME BACK SOON EDUARDO!

hackajack

Established Member

Come back Adebayor you mean, we've already got three guys who can't play the lone striker very well.

Rohit

Established Member

Wenger in his post match did say that Bendtner had been low on confidence. He should have scored earlier had he shown a bit more desire on the cross from RvP. It happens when the confidence is low. He scored such goals like against Bolton by charging in the box and sliding in. The whole team has had issues and they'll only be solved collectively.

Captain

Established Member

USArsenal said:
i saw Nik's goal, and it was a nice finish.. but does anyone else think his first touch almost let him down there after he chested the ball down? he kicked it further to his left than he should have, but recovered well to slot the ball in, but it could have easily happened that he brought it too wide and someone nicked the ball off him of he made a worse angle for himself by pushing it to the left.....

just wondering if i was the only one who thought this after seeing the replay....

I haven't seen a replay, but it looked like he couldn't have controlled it any other way; the defender was closing and he had to get the ball down so used his knee. Using your knee to bring a ball down is always relatively unpredictable as it is such an improvisational move.

He did well and the finish was excellent.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Almunia - 7
Djourou - 6
Gallas - 6
Silvestre - 5
Clichy - 7
Ramsey - 6
Fab - 7
Song - 6
Denilson - 5
Van Persie - 5
Vela - 6

Subs
Bendtner - 7
Wilshere - 6

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Captain said:
USArsenal said:

I haven't seen a replay, but it looked like he couldn't have controlled it any other way; the defender was closing and he had to get the ball down so used his knee. Using your knee to bring a ball down is always relatively unpredictable as it is such an improvisational move.

He did well and the finish was excellent.
agreed that he buried it well.. my point was that if a defender was closer on the other side of him (towards the left side of the goal) that his touch wider to the left would have been snuffed out.. just happened that a defender wasnt closer, so it gave him time to recover and bury it (which he did well)..

not that chuffed about it since he scored, and that's all that counts, but just something i noticed.. his touch has gotten him into trouble MANY times this season, it just didnt happen to there...

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Almunia - 7

Djourou - 6
Gallas - 5
Silvestre - 5
Clichy - 6

Ramsey - 5
El Capitan - 7,5
Song - 5,5 To many fault balls as a holding midfielder overall defending job looks fine.
Denilson -
Van Persie - 6
Vela - 5,5

Wilshere 6
Bendtner 7 goal.

Subs
Bendtner
Wilshere

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Almunia 7.5
Djourou 6
Gallas 5.5
Silvestre 6
Clichy 6.5
Song 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 7.5
Ramsey 5
Vela 6
van Persie 6

Bendtner 7
Wilshere 7

sesquioxide

Really, I'm honestly curious, why do some of you rate van Persie better than Vela? Would you mind explaining? I don't understand at all.

TomasCR

Established Member

Almunia 7.5 Crucial save

Djourou 6
Gallas 5.5 He wanted so much but when you want too much, it usually goes against you, like in his case.
Silvestre 6
Clichy 6.5

Ramsey 5.5 Time to realize his place is not on the winger
Fabregas 7.5 Definitely better but still not at his best.
Song 5 Don´t know if I don´t remember this guy because he was doing all the dirty job and played well or I just didn´t want to watch him as he has always seemed to be a Mr. average to me.
Denilson 5.5 Nothing extra, it´s amazing how many times he lies on land during a game.

Van Persie 5 Didn´t impress me.
Vela 5 Same, not good enouigh to manage the whole game.

Bendtner 7 Glad for the goal, it will help him a lot I believe.
Wilshere 7

TomasCR

Established Member

To add a bit of pessimism. We were very lucky, could have lost and I think that if we play in this way against Chelsea too, we have no chance. Let´s hope Nasri and Ade can make the difference.

asajoseph

Established Member

Ramsey 5.5 Time to realize his place is not on the winger

I don't know why not. His movement was actually really good, especially when so easily compared with a central midfielder who really is lost on the wing like Denilson.

He struggled a bit when the game got a bit too congested, and didn't always track back as much as you'd have liked, but these are skills that are required in the middle as much as on the flanks, so I don't see how you can make that judgement. The movement, which is often the part that our central midfielders don't get when they're played out there, was absolutely spot on.

asajoseph

Established Member

That said, I can see why Wenger might be hestiant to play him. He has excellent vision at times, but he clearly is very inexperienced.

He doesn't track back and tackle as much as Denilson on the flank, though is better going forwards by a country mile...

ricky1985

Established Member

We just have to wait a bit with Ramsey. Games like the other night are perfect to ease him, and let his confidence grow.

I watched him for the Welsh U21's, and obviously we have seen him for the Carling cup side, and the confidence he exudes is mind-boggling. The youngest player on the pitch for the U21's and yet he looked like he owned the stadium he was trotting around in.

Once he gains that sort of confidence playing for the first team, the world better watch out, because his talent is incredible.

TomasCR

Established Member

I think he doesn´t have the "explosibility" a winger needs to have to be effective. If he gets a ball, he uselessly crowds into the middle like he wanted to shot by his left foot. There were a few lost balls when he tried to pass it back to Fabregas or Song and his physical maturity is not at such a high level to be usefull all the game yet.

Of course, it´s a question of time but now, I don´t like when he is playing on the wing.

After all, 5.5 is not that bad rating. You´re right though, that judgement was maybe a little bit premature seeing how many games he has played there.

progman07

Established Member

I don't think you can decide after one game if he is good at the wing or not.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom