• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

Kain

Established Member
Re: Arsenal-Fenerbache ratings

Fabianski-6- Nothing to do, cant really comment on the through ball situation the TV angles made it hard to tell wether he made the right choice or not.

Kolo-7- Actually ran his ass off, you cant depend on Toure for creativity though and with no movement from the players around him he often ended up running into dead ends.

Djourou-7- Decent first half, hardly put a foot wrong other than the tackle which got him booked, won all the headers like any defender should.

Silvestre-6- Straight forward game done his job alongside Djourou, nasty injury hope his nose didnt break.

Clichy-6- Fairly average from Gael tonight, didnt bust a gut to get forward possibly the weekend game on his mind?

Ramsey-7- Good effort, nice workrate, not his natural position but made an aging Carlos look abit foolish.

Cesc-5- Started the match with a great throughball to RVP via a mini-lob then...pass, pass, pass and he was even messing some of them up, the super-Cesc from last season is still yet to show himself.

Denison-5- pass, pass, pass... didnt do much other than that really, blasted a shot miles wide... can honestly not think of anything else he did?

Nasri-4- Really bad, messed most passes up in a pass, pass, pass, pass game didnt really offer anything, can understand that away from home he might find it tough in his first season but at home we need more than that Nas.

Van Persie-7- Actually tryed, there was no movement in the final third from our players, RVP had our best chances and did not put them away, his first half was decent the second just went off into nothingness as he joined the midfield in a pass-athon.

Bendtner-4- Really poor he just didnt get anything right no good first tough, passes were sloppy, control was sloppy i've tryed to stick up for Bendy but that performance is well below par this could of been a real opportunity for him to raise our hopes against United this weekend but he didnt take it.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Fabianski 6
Toure 7
Djourou 6
Silvestre 6
Clichy 6
Denilson 7
Fabregas 5
Nasri 5
Ramsey 6
Bendtner 3
van Persie 5.5

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Fabianski 6
Clichy 7
Silvestre 7
Djourou 7
Touré 7
Nasri 5
Denilson 8
Fabregas 5
Ramsey 7
Bendtner 4
van Persie 7

I didn't notice any subs.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Fab 6
Touré 7
Djourou 6
Silvestre 6
Clichy 5
Ramsey 5
Denilson 5
Fabregas 5
Nasri 3
RVP 7
Bendtner 3

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

How did Fabianski do? I didn't catch the game as I overslept :( Just saw the highlights though and skysports seem to think the throughball was definitely his fault but I thought he was confident enough to stay on the line

dutchMasta

Clrnc said:
How did Fabianski do? I didn't catch the game as I overslept :( Just saw the highlights though and skysports seem to think the throughball was definitely his fault but I thought he was confident enough to stay on the line
Read the comments. Pretty much sums it up in 3 words.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Clrnc: He did very well. Impressed me with his footwork and he looked alert for most of the game. The only time he looked a little bit inexperienced was when he hesitated to run out to clear that throughball which a Fenerbahce player then snapped up and converted into a dangerous shot that could just as well have been a goal.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Clrnc said:
Definitely should have come for that ball. With more experience I reckon he'll come out and clear similar balls; as it was he was at the mercy of the shooter, who missed it wide.

Other than that he didn't really put a foot wrong. Claimed pretty much everything that was thrown at him (which wasn't a lot) and punched out pretty well too.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@KD How did you see Fabianski'ss footwork?

IMO the Pol did ok generally, but he still has that rushing tendency of punching the ball out.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

tactica: I'm sorry, did I mess up on the terminology? "Footwork" doesn't necessarily mean "on the ball", does it? I meant his movement and positioning. He was very alert, as I said before. It felt safe except for that time when he judged the situation wrong and didn't run out to clear the throughball.

dutchMasta

Yeah, I think footwork mainly means on the ball, that's how I usually take it anyway. Was a bit baffled by that too. No big deal anyway.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

dutch: I can see why it didn't made much sense then. It's just that the direct translation of the word to swedish is usually used when you're describing the movement of the keeper.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Klaus Daimler said:
dutch: I can see why it didn't made much sense then. It's just that the direct translation of the word to swedish is usually used when you're describing the movement of the keeper.
It made perfect sense Klaus.

ricky1985

Established Member

I thought he was flawless, except for that one shaky moment when he basically bottled coming to clear the ball.
I dont blame him, he took the safer option. It was his first appearance of any note and he didnt want a nastly rushing out incident to go agaisnt him.

He has twice the potential of Almunia's current level. Once he gets past the nerves he will be a top drawer keeper for us.

James

Established Member

Fabianski 6
Toure 7
Silvestre 6
Djourou 7
Clichy 7
Ramsey 6
Fabregas 5
Denilson 7
Nasri 5
Van Persie 6
Bendtner 5

nazo

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
Fab 5
Touré 7
Djourou 5
Silvestre 5
Clichy 5
Ramsey 5
Denilson 5
Fabregas 4
Nasri 5
RVP 8
Bendtner 3

Robin 8? (is that really you kel?)
I'd give him a 7 and give Ramsey a 6 and the rest are the same.

ricky1985

Established Member

Fabianksi - 7.

Toure - 6.
Djourou - 8.
Silvestre - 8.
Clichy - 7.

Ramsey - 7.
Fabregas - 7.
Denilson - 6.
Nasri - 5.

Van Persie - 7.
Bendtner - 5.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Fabianksi - 7

Touré - 7
Djourou - 8
Silvestre - 8
Clichy - 7

Ramsey - 7
Fabregas - 7
Denilson - 6
Nasri - 5

Van Persie - 7
Bendtner - 5

ricky1985

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Fabianksi - 7

Touré - 7
Djourou - 8
Silvestre - 8
Clichy - 7

Ramsey - 7
Fabregas - 7
Denilson - 6
Nasri - 5

Van Persie - 7
Bendtner - 5

Looks like we are singing from the same song sheet Anthony. I was gonna give Toure a 7 as well, but he was frustrating the hell out of me, even though he did actually play quite well.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Fabainski 6 - Indecisive at times but not really tested.

Toure 7 - Much better performance from the stand in skipper. Wont want to see him at right back (or centre back) too much more this season but did his job well, only problem was his refusal to cross the ball at time.
Silvestre 7 - Strong, good in the air and on the ground.
Djourou 8 - Strong, great in the air and good on the ground.
Clichy 7 - Typical hard working Clichy performance but his crossing is really letting us down.

Ramsey 6 - Looks good but should stay as an impact sub for a while. Or take Cesc's place in the middle.
Denilson 7 - Tidy performance.
Fabregas 1/6 - 1 by his standards. 6 by everyone else's. Apart from a few glorious passes he did nothing right. We can only hope that he's saving himself for the big games.
Nasri 6 - We need more from him. The biggest contributor to our pass-pass-pass around the box without penetration style today. Should have scored too.

Bendtner 3 - Awful, awful, awful. Poor touch, passing, movement and didn't link up well with his teammates. What makes it even worse is that he's gonna be on his own against United.
Van Persie 6 - Great in the first half, quieter in the second. Made some impressive runs but should have scored at least once.

Subs -
Vela 5
Diaby 6
Song 5

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom