• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

dutchMasta

Re: Arsenal-Fenerbache ratings

He screwed up whenever he did get the ball, bar like once. No one's going to write him off, there's still a lot of promise over the guy, he just had one bad game, along with many others, and that's it. It's going to be hard for him to change a game like that, I'm still expecting and hoping he'll get a game against Man U.

kamikaze80

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
Touré has great technique. The way he strikes the ball and his ability to carry the ball at pace would suggest so.
agree. anyone else notice how he was the only one pinging passes around? nasri and denilson pass the ball with no velocity, it's maddening. i wanted to scream at them and i cant believe that wenger doesnt say anything to them (i'm assuming he hasn't since they haven't corrected it).

ricky1985

Established Member

We had completely stopped playing US when Vela came on. He did make a few msitakes, but also made one great run, and took up some brilliant positions.

ricky1985

Established Member

I thought Toure was like a headless chicken, albeit a hugely powerful one.

I am wondering if he has always been like this and my rose-cloured glasses have worn off, or it is just now he looks like an accident waiting to happen.

hackajack

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
nasri and denilson pass the ball with no velocity, it's maddening. i wanted to scream at them and i cant believe that wenger doesnt say anything to them (i'm assuming he hasn't since they haven't corrected it).
I thought they were all at it last night no tempo to the game, no zip to the passes and no-one able to get them going.

qs

Established Member

Fabianski 6
Clichy 7
Silvestre 7
Djourou 7
Touré 7
Nasri 5
Denilson 7
Fabregas 7
Ramsey 7
Bendtner 4
van Persie 7 MOTM

Vela 5
Diaby 7

I thought everyone did pretty well bar Bendtner and Nasri. Bendtner being especially poor.

asajoseph

Established Member

The fact that we're making excuses for Vela pretty much proves my point.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I'm not saying that he's got no talent, I'm not even saying that he shouldn't continue to be given chances and get the opportunity to play.

All I'm saying is that, for whatever reason, he hasn't really done anything yet, apart from in the Carling Cup. And that it is up to him to make the most of the chances whenever they come along - he won't win the place he wants in the first team by making excuses.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Well we'll see on Tuesday how he does starting against a Premiership standard defence. Granted, that that's a Premier League standard defence with Titus Bramble.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom