• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

kamikaze80

Established Member
Re: Arsenal-Fenerbache ratings

fabianski - 7
toure - 7 - only one left who pings his passes instead of delivering limp passes
djourou - 8 - good to see him winning headers
silvestre - 7
clichy - 6
ramsey - 6
fabregas - 5
denilson - 7
nasri - 3 - he probably had more possession than fener. needs a lesson from pires, he slowed us down a lot. huge liability and i dont think fabregas likes his game (and i'd agree, the way he's playing now).
van persie - 7 - at least he cares
bendtner - 4 - i like him, but he's way off form

diaby - 6
vela - 6 - looks lively, would dominate with better teammates

dos1986

Established Member

Bendtner is pathetic, horrible horrible player.God I hate him.

Everyone else was average except Nasri who struggled, but he's new so I'll let him alone till next season.Van Persie was very impressive, but couldnt finish.

Lukazan

Established Member

Fabianski 6
Touré 7
Djourou 8
Silvestre 7
Clichy 7
Ramsey 7
Cesc 5
Denilson 6
Nasri 4
RvP 7
Bendtner 2

Diaby 6
Vela 3
Song N/A

invisibleman18

Established Member

Can't be bothered rating everyone but was very impressed by Djourou. Solid defending and he competed and won all his headers. Is that not everything we have wanting from a defender this season?

Asterix

Established Member

Jameel46 said:
gunnerGH said:
Jameel46 said:
lol, man are people looking like knobs by over-reacting.

Its a forum who cares.

Im not looking for my next job here.

doesn't mean u shud choose to be a knob. but ur gonna choose to do so because nothing can really happen to u, wow, no self respect.

You've been here long enough to know we don't allow text language. Please post in proper English.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

Fabianski 6
Clichy 7
Silvestre 6
Djourou 7
Touré 7
Nasri 4.5
Denilson 7
Fabregas 5
Ramsey 7
Bendtner 4
van Persie 7

Vela 5
Diaby 6

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Fabianski - 7

Toure - 7
Silvestre - 7
Djourou - 7
Clichy - 7

Nasri - 5
Fabregas - 7
Denilson - 6
Ramsey - 7

Bendnter - 4
Van Persie - 7

Subs

Diaby - 6
Vela - 6
Song - N/A

You people ***** about our team not making any runs, not being risky enough with passes, not trying to move the ball forward quickly.

Well the one midfielder that attempted to move the ball quickly, attempted the risky pass forward, but was let down by the person receiving the balls lack of composure, instead of the oh so safe pass sideways, and the one midfielder that made runs forward with a purpose was ****ing FABREGAS!!!. Yet the same muppets that are critising our team for not doing what Fabregas was doing!, go and give him ratings of 4. I've come to the conclusion that most of you on this forum don't have a ****ing clue, and obviously don't watch the ****ing game, of course your going to give some balls away when your attempting passes like Fabregas, instead of the side pass master Denilson, it comes with the ****ing teritory, get a ****ing clue. He was also the man that set up if i recall 3 of our 4 best chances.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Calm down, Simply Fab. Poepl use Cesc's standard in the previous seasons to measure his display last night. Of course people are a bit disspointed.

progman07

Established Member

SimplyFabregas right, though his writing style is too distracting and many people will rather slate him than accept what he says.

(First of all, I don't believe he is at his best, he is not in good form, but not as bad as you write it down.)

People are over the top about Cesc's form. I see him making runs, which aren't spotted. I see him making good passes which the receiving players mess up. I see him tackling sometimes, though not often, and it shouldn't be his job anyways. He can't give 20 perfect through balls in one game, if there are only 5 runs into the box in the whole game. Bergkamp, my all-time favourite player, the best assister I've ever seen, gave lots of neat through balls. Take his assists to Ljungberg, or to Vieira. What are the similarities? Vieira and Ljungberg made clever runs into the box, which were spotted by the Iceman. Now, if RvP only makes max. 3 runs/game and Ade is always offside, and Nasri stands still during the whole game, what can he do? Theo is the only option, but then he is always marked by 2-3 players. How can he show his passing talent?
Maybe he could run into the box himself. Do you realize he still does is often? Just he is not spotted, because there is nobody who can give him the ball. Nasri is playing it safe to Clichy, Ade can't really pass the ball, Denilson also plays it horizontally.

I don't know how many of you can actually analise a game obejectively, without using other's opinions, but sit down, watch the whole game again, focused on Cesc. You guys all wrote him down before the game. This year is the Cesc Hate Season at this forum, you give him no chance, you only notice what he does bad.

kel varnsen

Established Member

bluenaz said:
kel varnsen said:
Fab 5
Touré 7
Djourou 5
Silvestre 5
Clichy 5
Ramsey 5
Denilson 5
Fabregas 4
Nasri 5
RVP 8
Bendtner 3

Robin 8? (is that really you kel?)
I'd give him a 7 and give Ramsey a 6 and the rest are the same.

first time in a long while he's actually looked like a footballer. he was quick, agile, creative and wasn't afraid to take on defenders. reminded me of the old van persie. if he can continue like this, we could really have a top class striker up front.

he didn't score a goal, but this is the best i've seen him play in a long time. in spite of the lack of effort and help from the players around him.

dutchMasta

Cesc is playing ****, stop saying we don't watch the game or we don't have a clue, it's a different opinion, so either accept that or **** off. He's the type of player that needs his teammates to be good, and he'll make them shine even brighter. If they don't play well, it makes it harder on him. Less movement, less passing opportunities. But don't act like he didn't also screw up some ****ing easy passes, much like Nasri, though not as bad (Nasri was awful that match) and it's not the 1st time this season.

Great individual players who can make something for themselves usually are the only ones who can put in a decent performance when his teammates are ****, so it's not exactly like I blame Cesc entirely. Wenger's built the team this way.

asajoseph

Established Member

Fabianski - 6.5 - One very indecisive moment coming off his line, but otherwise solid, without being tested too much. Made one good punch, and one good rush later on.

Toure - 6.5 - Pushed forward well, without ever finding the final ball. Proved that players without great technique but good physical abilities can still make a lot of headway by getting their shoulder in the way.

Silvestre - 6 - Relatively untested in defence, wasn't really involved in any of the attacks. Left the donkey-work to Djourou.

Djourou - 7 - Nice work in the air, played the more aggressive role, and played it well.

Clichy - 6.5 - Decent work getting forward, and not much to do at the back. Poor final pass though.

Ramsey - 7 - Poor substitution to take him off, but otherwise a very good game - always liked to get involved, and some nice work down the right flank in the first half. Went looking for posession at the right times as well.

Denilson - 7 - Seriously, the guy is allergic to passing the ball forwards, it's absolutely hilarious, but apart from that he actually played a much more mature, dependable defensive game than he has in the past. Covered ground, tackled, and got himself in the right positions. Good game.

Fabregas - 6.5 - Tale of two halves. Some sublime passing in the first, creating numerous opportunities for Van Persie, but far, far too quiet in the second. A few were guilty of this, but chose the passing option too often when running into space right in front of him would have been the better option.

Nasri - 4 - Very poor game. Added almost nothing to our attacks, lost the ball regularly, and was hardly aware of his team-mates. Should have been brought off instead of Ramsey, because we were really going nowhere up the left.

Bendtner - 3.5 - He's a kid, and when he's good he adds a lot to our game, but when he's bad, he's just awful. Following on from a shocking display against Stoke, this was another very poor performance. Showed little awareness of his team-mates, and the touch of a randy bull. Perhaps better suited to the supersub role these days.

Van Persie - 7.5 - Wasteful finishing, but otherwise a great game. Excellent running off the ball, great turns in the final third, and really unlucky not to get a goal.

Subs:

Diaby - 5.5 - started one bright move down the left, but otherwise offered far too little, and didn't really impose himself on the game. It's a shame that we're bringing him on in this position, and it's killing any chance he ever had of making a career for himself. He's not a guy who'll change a game.

Vela - 5 - Good movement, briefly, but otherwise didn't really add much to our game either. Really failing to deliver on the (admittedly ridiculous) hype at the moment.

Song - 5.5 - Little to do.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Toure has great technique. The way he strikes the ball and his ability to carry the ball at pace would suggest so.

asajoseph

Established Member

It's not about fancy tricks with Toure though, or taking a lot of touches. Last night it was simple - run hard, run strong, put your body in the way of the ball, and stay on your feet.

the dawn raids

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
For what it's worth, I thought Denilson had his best game of the season.

yeah im coming around to him being fabs partner more and more. he at least looks like hes working and steadily improving on the aspects that were major weaknesses in their potential partnership.

ricky1985

Established Member

What serious chances has Vela had though Asa? At least give him a chance to prove himself before you criticise his failure to deliver.

EDIT - Also, as you was at the game, and at the right end to see, could you provide a bit more insight into the incident with Fabianski, failing to come out. It wasnt clear at all on tele, you couldnt see his starting position. Looked like he just bottled it, which is understandable.

asajoseph

Established Member

It's not a massive criticism, but it's up to him to make the most of the chances he's been given.

In comparison to Ramsey, for example, he's not grasped the nettle quite so forcefully yet.

Not writing him off, or anything daft like that.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

how many touches on the ball did he actually have? (i didnt see the game, so im actually asking).. if the team didnt involve him enough, its hard for him to impose himself on the game

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom