• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/11/08

Jameel46

Established Member
Re: Arsenal 2-1 United player rating

sabret00the said:
If Adebayor put in that Bendtner performance, he'd rightfully be getting ratings ranging from -1 to 3 max.

that's cos people are idiots when it comes to Adebayor, it's not cos they like Bendtner.

Invincible

Established Member
Re: Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd player rating

Almunia 6
Gallas 7
Silvestre 7
Clichy 8
Sagna 6
Denilson 6
Fabregas 7
Nasri 9
Walcott 5
Diaby 6
Bendtner 6

Song 6
Toure 6
Fabianski 6

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

Al- 6
Gallas 9
Silvester 8
Clichy 9
Sagna 8
Walcott 6.5
Cesc 6
Denilson 7.5
Nasri 9.5 MOTM!
Diaby 7.5
Bendtner 5

Song 6.5
Toure6

beepos

Cesc is rated way too low on here. A five !!! FFs, we played united, won, and he was the main string puller in both goals

raidersoftheark

Established Member

One thing I liked about Bendtner (I gave him a 6.0) is his strength. He outmuscled Rio on one occasion and that's not easy to do.

Other than that, he's always been an aerial threat and today was no different. He should have done better for the 2 headers he squandered, but the ability to get in between Rio and Vidic AND to outleap them is a magnificent asset.

Galahad

Almunia 5 I wasnt impressed...spilled the ball numerous times, first minute howler, never reassuring. He didnt play bad hence the 5, but for christ sake: a win doesnt mean everyone gets +5!

Gallas 8 I was very happy with him today. good performance and good leadership.
Silvestre 7 Second to Gallas, but he did have a very good day.
Clichy 8 Cant think of anything negative and he really worked hard today and it was coming off. At one point I had a Tottenham lie moment but he didnt slip so all was fine ^^
Sagna 5 Not impressed. They came over our right flank all the time, Sagna didnt look too secure, his offensive runs were usually ineffective and his crosses very poor. As always. 2nd season syndrome maybe.

Walcott 5 Not one of his better games. We didnt use his pace too much and he saw little of the ball. Im always scared when he has the ball in our third..too much dribbling and he could have easily gifted them a goal.
Cesc 5 Only because of his assist...I thought he wasnt better then anytime else this season, certainly no step up ability wise. Lots of sloppy passing, slowed the game down often enough, didnt look good when defending...basically I cant recall a lot of good moves aside from the assist wich was brilliant. But get real, only because of that he didnt turn p a world class performance.
Denilson 6 Decent game from him but I missed him going forward more often then not. His defending was rather neat tho.
Nasri 9 MOTM. 2 brilliant goals and plenty of beautiful offensive moments. However defensiveley he was shaky hence its not a 10. Iv been saying it all the time: We have not only replaced Hleb, we have something better now. Nasri is Hleb + end product.

Diaby 5 Not been too much into the game. He was a little lazy going backwards and wasnt instrumental in going forward either. He didnt have a bad game but not a good one either.
Bendtner 6 Worked hard all day and I feel people dont give him credit for his intelligence. Yes he dropped a bit deep and he was a bit selfish at the end, but he did fit in very well, was in position almost all game long and did very well alone against a somewhat shaky Man United back four.

Song 6 Did a good job defensiveley.
Touré 6 Did a rather good job offensivley but without the end product.
Fabianski 6 Same as Almunia but looked more secure.

All in all, I felt that Wengers subtitutions didnt work out at all...whenever hes making defensive changes it NEVER works out and we always concede a goal...maybe he should listen to the advice, never to change a winning system.
And I think, if this thread is serious, you should try to rate serious...a win doesnt mean we played a once in a lifetime game...And we certainly werent overwhelming. We were the better team tho and that by a nice margin.

sabret00the

Established Member

beepos said:
Cesc is rated way too low on here. A five !!! FFs, we played united, won, and he was the main string puller in both goals
People are judging player performances, it shouldn't matter if we played stoke or man united and it shouldn't matter if we win or lose, if a player plays well he should get rated for that and if he plays badly the rating should reflect that.

Galahad

beepos said:

How the hell was he instrumental in our first goal? Scramble in the box, ball losely cleared to the foot of Nasri who directs it goalwards, scramble, goal?

How should the fact that we played any team and had any kind of result reflect the player rating? If we thrash a team 10-3 and the 3 goals were totally defensive lapses, I wouldnt rate our defense highly either. A good result doesnt improve every players performance. Usually the winning team deserves better ratings but we all know that not always the team who deserves it most wins it.

He did play an instrumental part in our second goal but that alone doesnt make his performance good...he was poor otherwise more often then not...you shouldnt be so one-dimensional.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Almunia 6 - Had decent saves and showed his bravery after some poor handling. VERY STUPID first min howler though. Need to get not only his basic but rules right.

Sagna 7 - decent

Gallas 8 - Superb captain performance. Fantastic

Silvestre 7 - Initially suspecting whether he was a manure spy after some poor pass, but up his game later

Clichy 8 - fantastic game, intercepting many balls and still charging forward late on

Denilson 7 - showed brilliant tenacity

Fabregas 7.5 - more more more from you cesc!

Nasri 9.5 - PHENOMENAL. 2 brilliant strikes, played well, passed well, tricked well, retained possesion well!

Walcott 6.5 - not his best game, but drew players out of position for us
Diaby 7 - ran all day long and did well
Bendtner 7.5 - not easy leading the line alone, and i think he was fantastic.

Fabianski 7 - Great few mins. Including that fantastic catch late on from a dangerous cross
Song 6.5 - decent
Touré 6

jay-d

Established Member
Re: Arsenal 2-1 United player rating

sabret00the said:
If Adebayor put in that Bendtner performance, he'd rightfully be getting ratings ranging from -1 to 3 max.

QFT

Ricky_AFC

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Silvestre - 7
Gallas - 9 (awesome captaincy, solid too)
Clichy - 9 (Got the better off Ronaldo all day long, attacked well too)
Walcott - 6.5
Denilson - 8
Fabregas - 7.5
Diaby - 7.5
Nasri - 10 (Superb with everything he done. Going to be a big player for us)
Bendtner - 6 (Worked hard, challenged the centre halves all game. Not good on the ball)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Silverstre - 7 - what was he thinking with that backpass in the opening minute?
Clichy - 7 - CR7 got pocketed, AGAIN! (or the queer never showed up)
Theo - 6 - Should've done much much better in fron the the goal
Cesc - 7 - Would have given him a 6 if not for his assist for the second goal.
Denilson - 6 - Would have given him a 5 if the team didn't win.
Nasri - 9 - MOTM, Cesc finally got a new mate. Also R.I.P to that missing Hleb thread.
Diaby - 7
Bendter - 6 - should've scored twice

Kolo - 6
Song - 5
Fabianski - 5 - hoofing the ball aimlessly and gave the possession back to ManU

I was very nervy when the game entered ET and the team kept giving the ball away. What a relief when the final whislte was blown.

Howard Webb - 2 - How ManU got only one booking is beyond me. The ref won't have Fungus c'ck tonight as his prize that's for sure.

hesham

Established Member

Al - 7
Sagna - 8
Gallas - 9
Silvester - 8
Clichy - 8
Walcott - 6
Cesc - 7
Denilson - 7.5
Nasri 10
Diaby - 7
Bendtner - 6

beanz

Manuel - 7 Good work
Sagna - 7 Needs a bit more understanding with Theo
Big Will - 9 Grrrrreat
Silvester - 7 Mostly good
Super Clichy - 9 Awesome
Theo - 6 A bit patchy
Cesc - 7 Great work for the 2nd goal
Denilson - 8 Much better
Nasri 9 - MOTM Shades of Bobby P
Diaby - 7 Solid
Bendtner - 7 Much better than Wednesday

Song - 6
Touré - 6
Fabianski - 6

I had to take the dog for a walk at half time, as I was so wound up, and when the board showed 6 minutes of extra time!!!! :bash

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia 7
Gallas 8
Silvestre 7
Clichy 7
Sagna 7
Walcott 5
Cesc 8
Denilson 8
Nasri 9
Diaby 7
Bendtner 5

AliBabaBrewer

Almunia - 8
Brave today. Smothered things up well. Dodgy back pass with Silvestre though.

Sagna - 7
Did well enough

Gallas - 8
Actually a good defensive performance from him at last

Silvestre - 8
Won me over today, and made a good left back run.

Clichy - 8
Got involved well and dicked on Ronaldo

Walcott - 6
Quite quiet

Denilson - 6
Didn't do much but good effort

Fabregas - 6
Passing was off today

Diaby - 8
Pleased with him, had some great dribbling and knackered himself out with the efforts

Nasri - 10
Almost flawless performance. Nasri for Hleb is almost as much of a revelation as Clichy for Cole.

Bendtner - 5
Usually I'm his biggest fan, but good God I thought he was crap today

Fabianski - 6
Couple of good catches and not at fault for the goal

Song - 6
Came on and made himself busy

Toure - 5
Didn't seem to do much. If we was put at right wing, we should've put Ramsey or Wilshere on.

ricky1985

Established Member

Almunia - 6. Loco from the Spaniard with the back pass, but was Ok there after.

Sagna - 8. Very impressive defensively, shame about his final ball because his over-lapping runs were brilliant.

Gallas - 9. Few shaky offside attempts in the first half. But was a warrior in the second, absolutely flawless. Lead like a captain should.

Silvestre - 8. Won nearly every header. Very good display after that underhit back pass.

Clichy - 10. UNBELIEVABLE - little more needs to be said, onlt that he needs to improve his defensive understanding with Nasri. Cole and Pires improved this aspect of their combination immeasureably.

Walcott - 7. Started with his game face on, but faded and by the end wasnt offering much. Although he did make some amazing, rocket-powered runs that were not quite picked out by his team mates.

Fabregas - 7. You cant always play well, but if you can always run, and tackle, and want it more than your opponents. He embodied our brilliant will to win today.

Denilson - 8. Played like a man today. My hat is doffed to the young Brazillian. He ran hard, tackled hard, and gave everything. The weaknesses in his combination with Fabregas were overcome by sheer hard work and determination today. The deficiencies in the dynamics between the two are for another day.

Nasri - 9. Where do I start. He is what Arsenal football is all about. He has pace, intelligence, confidence and heart and desire all in equal measure. He reminded me of Zidane today, with his weaving runs, audacious confidence on the ball. He was phenomenal. Only reason he didnt get a 10, was his defensive game, which wasnt bad, but he just needs to work on his understanding and combination with Mr. Clichy.

Diaby - 7. Some moments of top drawer quality. His run where Carrick hacked him down was awesome.

Bendtner - 7. Got better as the game wore on. He gave Vidic and Ferdinand (who looked old today) a very difficult afternoon. Shame about the finishing.

SUBS

Fabianski - 7. Did well. One great throw, and terrible kick.

Song - 7. Did really well, in protecting the back four.

Toure - 7. Good outlet.

asajoseph

Established Member

Almunia - 7 - A hopeless moment right at the outset, and dropped a couple of shots in the first half, but never caused us too many problems, and overall this was a very solid performance

Sagna - 7 - Hopeless crossing, but otherwise very solid and committed down the right. Needs to work a bit more closely with Walcott.

Gallas - 8 - Finally, a captain's performance from a man who must know he has a lot to prove.

Silvestre - 7 - Awful passback in the first minute, and far from secure at the back. Brilliant tackle on Park though.

Clichy - 8.5 - Stuggled a bit with Ronaldo in the first 15, and gave him a bit too much time and space. Had him in his pocket thereafter, and got forwrad superbly, and put in some excellent balls.

Walcott - 7 - Poor end product, but is getting nowhere near enough credit here for his movement - his running off the ball was absolutely brilliant, and had Cesc found a few more passes, it could have been a very different afternoon.

Denilson - 8 - Switched off a bit in the last 10 minutes of the first half, but otherwise showed a lot of fight in defence, and played that pivotal role behind Cesc very well.

Cesc - 7 - Some great passes, and good work, but had he been slightly more on song, he could have created twice as many chances. Not a bad performance though.

Nasri - 9 - An almost perfect attacking performance. Great movement, great interplay, great strikes. Kept posession really well.

Diaby - 7 - Really thrives in the more advanced role, played the ball well, and some very intelligent play at times as well. Didn't really offer much of a goal-threat, which is a bit of a problem, but overall good.

Bendtner - 7.5 - Much improved from his awful Stoke and Fenerbahce performances, worked really hard up front, got into good positions, and was usually an effective outlet. A little naive at times though, and perhaps should have had at least one goal.

Subs:

Song - 7.5 - A total contrast to his Sp**s performance - did exactly what he should have done then, and genuinely made us more secure when he came on. Swept up well in midfield, and was calm in distribution when we needed it most.

Fabianski - 7 - Did everything that he could have done, though wasn't really overly tested.

Toure - 6.5 - Not much time to make an impact, but showed willingness to run and added the required steel on the right hand side

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Silvestre 7
Clichy 8
Denilson 6.5
Cesc 6.5
Walcott 6
Nasri 8
Diaby 7.5
Bendtner 5

Fabianski 6.5

gunnerGH

Established Member

Almunia 10
Clichy 10
Gallas 10
Silvestre 10
Sagna 10
Nasri 10
Fabregas 7
Denilson 7
Diaby 8
Walcott 7
Bendtner 7

Defense were amazing today, Gallas was immense. Ronaldo got owned by Clichy.

Got to say, I had us down for getting a real hammering. Fair play to them. On my bday as well, would have been hard to take. But, we won and now i can wind all my mates up tonight! THANK YOU GUNNERS! So happy.

Aint even arsed if we dont win the title now. thats made my ****ing day.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom