• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 08/11/08

ricky1985

Established Member
Re: Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd player rating

Happy Birthday mate!

What a result to celebrate on your birthday.

kel varnsen

Established Member

almunia - 7
sagna - 4
gallas - 7
silvestre - 6
clichy - 5
walcott - 4
denilson - 7
cesc - 6
nasri - 7
diaby - 7
bendtner - 6

James

Established Member

Almunia 7

Sagna 8
Clichy 9
Gallas 9
Silvestre 8

Walcott 6
Fabregas 6
Denilson 9
Diaby 7
Nasri 9

Bendtner 7

James

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Clichy 5?? Must be a typo!!

struggled with ronaldo. got beaten a good 3-4 times in the first half alone.
Do me a favour, was Ronaldo even playing? I don't think he's out of his pocket, even now.

Some of the ratings for Denilson are also laughable.

kel varnsen

Established Member

James said:
kel varnsen said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Clichy 5?? Must be a typo!!

struggled with ronaldo. got beaten a good 3-4 times in the first half alone.
Do me a favour, was Ronaldo even playing? I don't think he's out of his pocket, even now.

ronaldo actually played well. he created 3-4 really good goal chances for man u almost on his own today. clichy was in a lot of trouble a number of times. beaten one on one and beaten by "double sprints"(come close, then run behind the defender).

we won and played well, but there is no need to spin this in any way. man u played well today and could have just as easily won. it was a close, good game that could have gone either way.

James

Established Member

Not denying that, in fact, i said the same. On another day, United would have won the game.

Ronaldo created a good chance for Rooney, along with his miss, but other than that, i didn't see him.

Linson

Al - 8 - Did well, one moment of madness when picking up the back-pass but apart from that did very well.

Sagna - 8 - Awesome. His defending was great and his surging forward was vital. Him and Clichy once again proved we have the best full backs in the league.

Gallas - 7.5 - Did well, his defending was good apart from he lack of distance, height and direction on his clearances.

Silvestre - 8 - He really is forcing his way into the starting XI. Him and Toure would make an immense partnership.

Clichy - 9.5 - Absolutely magnificent today. His defending was spot on, he made forward runs and battle to the very end.

Walcott - 6.5 - Looked a but lost at times but wasn't fed properly to make the impact we all wanted him to.

Cesc - 7.5 - Passing was good and tackled his arse off.

Denilson - 8 - The new invisible shield? Defensively he knew exactly where to be and when. Fantastic.

Nasri 9.5 - At the fore of almost every single attack we put together. MOTM

Diaby - 8.5 - He made the midfield both calm and physical. He put himself about today in a calm and rational manner and won plenty of headers. Really mature performance.

Bendtner - 5 - Lacked confidence and decision making ability. He needs more games as this was a very rusty performance.

Song - 6
Touré - 6
Fabianski - 6

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
almunia - 7
sagna - 4
gallas - 7
silvestre - 6
clichy - 5
walcott - 4
denilson - 7
cesc - 6
nasri - 7
diaby - 7
bendtner - 6

Did we just beat the Premier League & European champions or lose to Hull again?

dos1986

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
ronaldo actually played well. he created 3-4 really good goal chances for man u almost on his own today. clichy was in a lot of trouble a number of times. beaten one on one and beaten by "double sprints"(come close, then run behind the defender).

we won and played well, but there is no need to spin this in any way. man u played well today and could have just as easily won. it was a close, good game that could have gone either way.

Ronaldo is the best attacking player in the world, he creates chances against every defence.Clichy did as well as can be expected imo.Those " spin aways " are almost impossible to defend against, Clichy did well enough to recover against them.

kel varnsen

Established Member

dos1986 said:
kel varnsen said:

Ronaldo is the best attacking player in the world, he creates chances against every defence.Clichy did as well as can be expected imo.Those " spin aways " are almost impossible to defend against, Clichy did well enough to recover against them.

i'm not blaming clichy. every full back struggle against ronaldo, but that still doesn't change the fact that ronaldo created 3-4 good chances almost on his own today. clichy did as well as could be expected.

flobaba

Well. what a game it appears to have been. Didn't get to see it, but from what i gather it was a cracker. Wasn't expecting us to win this game so this was a great team performance. Do i have to see a game to rate it? On this one occasion i hope to be excused.

for the boost in confidence this win has given us all- both players and fans alike, its a perfect 10 from me.

Hope to catch the highlights later tonight.

Cheers

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Al- 6- shaky start, but good.
Gallas 9
Silvester 9
Clichy 9
Sagna 9
Walcott 6
Cesc 6
Denilson 7
Nasri 9- Match winner. **** Hleb.
Diaby 8- Put in a shift.
Bendtner 5- Useless. Dunno what you lot were watching.

Fabianski-6
Song -6
Toure-6

Kraig

Established Member

asajoseph said:
Almunia - 7 - A hopeless moment right at the outset, and dropped a couple of shots in the first half, but never caused us too many problems, and overall this was a very solid performance

Sagna - 7 - Hopeless crossing, but otherwise very solid and committed down the right. Needs to work a bit more closely with Walcott.

Gallas - 8 - Finally, a captain's performance from a man who must know he has a lot to prove.

Silvestre - 7 - Awful passback in the first minute, and far from secure at the back. Brilliant tackle on Park though.

Clichy - 8.5 - Stuggled a bit with Ronaldo in the first 15, and gave him a bit too much time and space. Had him in his pocket thereafter, and got forwrad superbly, and put in some excellent balls.

Walcott - 7 - Poor end product, but is getting nowhere near enough credit here for his movement - his running off the ball was absolutely brilliant, and had Cesc found a few more passes, it could have been a very different afternoon.

Denilson - 8 - Switched off a bit in the last 10 minutes of the first half, but otherwise showed a lot of fight in defence, and played that pivotal role behind Cesc very well.

Cesc - 7 - Some great passes, and good work, but had he been slightly more on song, he could have created twice as many chances. Not a bad performance though.

Nasri - 9 - An almost perfect attacking performance. Great movement, great interplay, great strikes. Kept posession really well.

Diaby - 7 - Really thrives in the more advanced role, played the ball well, and some very intelligent play at times as well. Didn't really offer much of a goal-threat, which is a bit of a problem, but overall good.

Bendtner - 7.5 - Much improved from his awful Stoke and Fenerbahce performances, worked really hard up front, got into good positions, and was usually an effective outlet. A little naive at times though, and perhaps should have had at least one goal.

Subs:

Song - 7.5 - A total contrast to his Sp**s performance - did exactly what he should have done then, and genuinely made us more secure when he came on. Swept up well in midfield, and was calm in distribution when we needed it most.

Fabianski - 7 - Did everything that he could have done, though wasn't really overly tested.

Touré - 6.5 - Not much time to make an impact, but showed willingness to run and added the required steel on the right hand side

completely agree with asa. best ratings so far.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

almunia - 7 - Schoolboy error at the start but grew in confidence. Brave.
sagna - 6 - defended well but his crossing was woeful
gallas - 8 - gave a captains performance
silvestre - 7 - Solid
clichy - 7.5 - kept Ronaldo as quiet as anyonr could have expected. Great crosses in forst half
walcott - 6 - struggled have an impact although drew Vidic away quite well for second goal
denilson - 7 - if he played like this every week there wouldnt so many worries
cesc - 6.5 - again pretty quiet but his turn and pass for the second were classic Fab
nasri - 8 - two great goals, and tracked back very well
diaby - 7 - Solid, some lovely control. Did better than expected
bendtner - 4 - just.not.good.enough. Good control, poor decision making and really should have scored at least once today

qs

Established Member

Almunia 6
Gallas 8
Silvestre 6
Clichy 7
Sagna 7
Walcott 7
Cesc 9 MOTM
Denilson 8
Nasri 9
Diaby 7
Bendtner 3

Double_H

Established Member

qs said:
Almunia 6
Gallas 8
Silvestre 6
Clichy 7
Sagna 7
Walcott 7
Cesc 9 MOTM
Denilson 8
Nasri 9
Diaby 7
Bendtner 3

if someone hates a Player he will never give him credit

to me i never wanted to see Denilson and Diaby on the team and the Proved me wrong today

Diaby , Denilson , Gallas and Nasri gets a 9 from me

and you Harsh on Nik and Al

everyone else gets an 8 except 7 for Theo

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom