• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Wigan | 06/12/08

Lukazan

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan - Player Ratings

Almunia - 7

Sagna - 5
Touré - 4
Djourou - 6
Clichy - 5

Denilson - 6
Fabregas - 5
Song - 5
Nasri - 4

Van Persie - 4
Adebayor - 6

asajoseph

Established Member

Almunia - 7 - One feeble punch was the only blemish on what was otherwise a pretty solid performance, which included one outstanding save.

Clichy - 3 - Absolute shocker - gave the ball away trying to dribble up the flank again and again and again. Can't believe I'm the only one to notice this, but it's pretty obvious that Wigan spotted this ploy very early on.

Djourou - 6 - Solid, though occasionally shakey in his distribution. Not a lot of help from the midfield.

Toure - 6 - As above.

Sagna - 6 - As above, though got a lot more from Denilson than anyone got on the left hand side.

Nasri - 5 - Poor before he was fouled - couldn't provide any spark, and didn't find any space.

Cesc - 6 - A bit too static, and very profligate with some of his passing, but that was offset by a couple of sensational balls to create chances for the forwards

Song - 5 - Up and down. Some very solid moments, and won some good battles in midfield. Static though off the ball, and occasionally wasteful in posession.

Denilson - 7 - My MOTM today (GASP!). Without playing exceptionally well (nobody did), he was much better with his distribution than normal, and covered Sagna well at times. Good movement off the ball, though not enough of it to make up for a midfield that wouldn't run.

Adebayor - 6 - Took his goal well, and some good movement up front. Didn't really have much in the way of options when he found himself isolated though.

Van Persie - 7 - Bright and busy, and always looking for the ball. Should have done much better with Cesc's pass, but was in general our most dangerous looking player.

Subs:

Eboue - 4 - A couple of bright runs, but didn't even make any effort to help out the defence, and was incredibly wasteful towards the end. Not much more needs to be said.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 8
Touré - 7
Djourou - 7
Clichy - 7
Denilson - 6
Fabregas - 8
Song - 7
Nasri - 6
Van Persie - 6
Adebayor - 7

Subs
Eboue - 3
Silvestre - 2

DC Gunner

Established Member

progman07 said:
SimplyFabregas said:
Eboue - 2 - He was okay if a litte annoymous for most of the game, lost his head late on and let Wigan cause us undue pressure.
2-3 balls given away warrant a '2' ? How can any player in your ratings get higher than 4?
You are mistaken if you think that ratings here are about what happened in a match, it is about a verification of negatives or making excuses for liked players.

Invincible

Established Member

Almunia- 6
Toure- 7
Djourou- 7
Clichy 5
Sagna- 7
Song- 7
Fabregas- 7
Nasri- 6
Denilson- 8 MOTM
van Persie- 6
Adebayor- 7

Eboue- 3
Silvestre- :lol:

DOUBLE-YOU

Almunia 7 - made a couple of very good saves

sagna 6 - we were never under seige and he didn't go forward much
toure 5.5 - rusty. gave the ball away too much
djourou 6.5 - best of the back four
clichy 5 - lost the ball a lot and never really got forward like he can

denilson 7 - worked hard and always tried to over something. involved in best moments.
cesc 7 - he is being wasted in the side
song 6 - he won a lot of headers, but never seemed to want the ball when we had possession.
nasri 5 - didn't do anything to shout about before substitution.

adebayor 6 - he scored
van persie 7 - tried hard and looked our most dangerous striker without being excellent. i still think he needs to go on the weights. he has been quite consisten this season.

eboue 5 - like toure, he wasn't match fit. lost confidence when crowd got on his back.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Almunia 8 - MOTM. Did well in the air and made several good saves.

Sagna 7 - Decent performance.
Toure 6 - Not close to the player we are used to, looked a liability at times but we still got some good strong 'Kolo Toure' tackles.
Djourou 7 - Very good in the air as always, solid.
Clichy 7 - Not his best performance today but had Valencia in his pocket.

Denilson 7 - Very tidy performance, his best in a while. His passing was brilliant (and not just sideways/backwards passes may I add).
Fabregas 7 - Our brightest spark today, was at the centre of most good things we did.
Song 6 - A mixed bag. Covered well and won the ball at times but lost it and didn't track back in others.
Nasri 5 - Needs to strengthen up a bit, looked quiet while he was on.

Van Persie 7 - Did well, just needed to get his final ball right.
Adebayor 8 - Excellent performance and was unlucky not to get another goal.

----
Eboue 6 (before the incident) - Was making some decent runs before he fell apart.

lagos

Established Member

Well it's pleasing to see Djorou rated so well, only one gave him less than a 6. Hopefully this is a good omen for things to come

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

asajoseph said:
Clichy - 3 - Absolute shocker - gave the ball away trying to dribble up the flank again and again and again. Can't believe I'm the only one to notice this, but it's pretty obvious that Wigan spotted this ploy very early on.
First off, you're not the first and only one to notice if you'd care to scroll up (e.g. Mags). Second, even if you were the first, and sure maybe he wasn't great, then perhaps it's because some thought it wasn't as absolute as you claim.

asajoseph

Established Member

It wasn't absolute? Well, I don't know how relative you can be when you're dribbling into the same player over and over again.

Anyway, didn't see Mags' post - just the host of 7's around it.

Meatwad

lagosgooner said:
Well it's pleasing to see Djorou rated so well, only one gave him less than a 6. Hopefully this is a good omen for things to come
since 2006-07 we've had two huge away league wins: old trafford and stamford bridge and djourou was in central defense both times. he deserves his chance and i hope wenger doesn't screw him over because he's certainly given many chances to players that don't have his w/l/d impact.

-vapour-

I am actually shocked how much better the player ratings are for this game even though we probably played worse than against the likes of chelsea.

Obviously the Eboue ratings are a bit of a mixed bag but thats understandable. Certaintly everyone deserves at least a 6 imo...including Eboue - he did look good until he made a daft error then he was crushed by the crowd on his back.

MOTM has to be Fabregas, seems to be starting to get some of his form back, a few clinical balls from midfield to play v. Persie and Adebayor in. Both should have done better, but at least we created the chances and were generally just unlucky not to score at least 2 more goals.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

@Asa. One man's 3's are another man's 5's I guess. Besides you know as well as I do that these ratings tend to derive from and feed upon one another.

asajoseph

Established Member

Probably.

Perhaps my post sounded more indignant than I really feel!

:lol:

ricky1985

Established Member

lagosgooner said:

He played well. He won 95% of his headers, distributed well, and won all the one-on-one battles with their attackers.

My only reservation was two or three times he made silly decisions to move out of position to tackle a Wigan player, and when he didnt win the ball it left us woefully exposed a couple of times. One of the times it lead to a great chance for Valencia (which he blazed wide).

Captain

Established Member

Denilson and Almunia were excellent.

VanPersie was good.

Some were very average and some were just average. Song tried hard.

General

Established Member

Almunia – 7. Great save from in the second half and calm when needed.

Sagna -5. Did ok. Poor going forward

Clichy – 4. Great left back but his concentration and indecision are major concerns.

Toure- 5. A bit edgy at times but did ok. Still aerially suspect and Heskey easily won that battle

Djourou-7. Kept things simple and aerially dominant. Very mobile

Denilson 5 – Hit the post, good link up play but pushed off the ball too easily.

Song – 7. Showed his power in the second half and kept things simple, although misplaced a few passes. Added extra height to the back when needed

Cesc – 6. Some stray passes and a blind alley run into Wigan’s box when he could’ve taken a shot. Was better in the second half and helped up the tempo.

Nasri – 4. Poor till taken off. Often dwelled on the ball too long than necessary.

RVP –6 Should’ve had a goal if not for his poor finishing when put through. Not strong enough on the ball but dropped deep to help the midfield. Good work rate.

Ade – 7. Good finish and always made himself available. Seems to have cured his susceptibility to the offside trap.

Wenger - 3. Zero motivational impact.

Eboue, Silvestre – 3. Poor and generally sloppy.

kamikaze80

Established Member

asajoseph said:
It wasn't absolute? Well, I don't know how relative you can be when you're dribbling into the same player over and over again
clichy's in a horrible vein of form. he's not beating his man the way he normally does. he's obviously got a mental block due to his f*ups at the back and he also clearly has no confidence or partnership with the LM in front of him. we bring in a real wide mid and it kills two birds with one stone.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom