• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Wigan | 06/12/08

Captain

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Wigan - Player Ratings

No, it's my player opinion from today's game Tony.

I wasn't aware that there was a Song/Denilson debate and if there is then I have never entered into it.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Almunia: 8 - Once again saves us three points with an amazing ****ing save.
Sagna: 6 - Worked well at both ends. Was at least two levels above anything Wigan tried to stop him with.
Touré: 7 - First game back from injury, and it was a very impressive performance. Ran a lot, was good both on the ground and in the air. Never got found out and combined well with Djourou.
Djourou: 7 - Our next central defender, I dare to say. Big, strong, quick, calm, good in the air, a lot of workrate. He's gonna be a monster once he's matured. Combined well with Kolo.
Clichy: 6 - Not one of his better games, but that doesn't say much when we're speaking about Clichy. Stable, able and generally playing well both in small spaces and over large open areas.
Denilson: 8 - My man of the match. Showed anyone who's ever said he's average that he's anything but. Combines skills and workrate in a seriously impressive way.
Song: 6 - Impressed by Song for the first time since the away game against Dynamo Kiev. Showed a lot more effort today than he's ever done before.
Cesc: 6 - Good vision, but by his standards a bit sloppy passing at times. On his way up though.
Eboue: 6 - Came in and brought with him some well-needed pace and quick passes. I was gonna give him a 7 before he made those horrible mistakes in the last few minutes. Disgusted by the way certain Arsenal fans treat him, but I've been that for the last year. Today just exemplified everything that's wrong with this club.
Adebayor: 8 - He's so important to our attack. I don't think he misplaced a single pass. He's regaining his form and fitness right now. When he's on top he's the best striker in the league, and a strong contender for the same spot in Europe.
van Persie: 6 - Good ideas but slow thinking. Put in a lot of effort today though and tracked back a lot. He needs to find his feet to get that last twenty percent out.

Nasri obviously didn't play long enough to be judged fairly, but he was doing okay while he was on.

Overall it was a pleasing performance, the lack of goals apart. We could and should have won this game by three or four goals. Most entertaining game we've played since United at home.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

asajoseph said:
Almunia - 7 - One feeble punch was the only blemish on what was otherwise a pretty solid performance, which included one outstanding save.

Clichy - 3 - Absolute shocker - gave the ball away trying to dribble up the flank again and again and again. Can't believe I'm the only one to notice this, but it's pretty obvious that Wigan spotted this ploy very early on.

Djourou - 6 - Solid, though occasionally shakey in his distribution. Not a lot of help from the midfield.

Touré - 6 - As above.

Sagna - 6 - As above, though got a lot more from Denilson than anyone got on the left hand side.

Nasri - 5 - Poor before he was fouled - couldn't provide any spark, and didn't find any space.

Cesc - 6 - A bit too static, and very profligate with some of his passing, but that was offset by a couple of sensational balls to create chances for the forwards

Song - 5 - Up and down. Some very solid moments, and won some good battles in midfield. Static though off the ball, and occasionally wasteful in posession.

Denilson - 7 - My MOTM today (GASP!). Without playing exceptionally well (nobody did), he was much better with his distribution than normal, and covered Sagna well at times. Good movement off the ball, though not enough of it to make up for a midfield that wouldn't run.

Adebayor - 6 - Took his goal well, and some good movement up front. Didn't really have much in the way of options when he found himself isolated though.

Van Persie - 7 - Bright and busy, and always looking for the ball. Should have done much better with Cesc's pass, but was in general our most dangerous looking player.

Subs:

Eboue - 4 - A couple of bright runs, but didn't even make any effort to help out the defence, and was incredibly wasteful towards the end. Not much more needs to be said.
You weren't the only to notice it, but there was no movement ahead of him to pass the ball.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Denilson: 8 - My man of the match. Showed anyone who's ever said he's average that he's anything but. Combines skills and workrate in a seriously impressive way.

By having a decent, maybe even good performance, he showed everyone he isnt an average player. :? There's been many an average player who have had good games every once in a while, when he does it week in, week out he might just convince people he isnt average, until then, the tag still sticks.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
Klaus Daimler said:

By having a decent, maybe even good performance, he showed everyone he isnt an average player. :? There's been many an average player who have had good games every once in a while, when he does it week in, week out he might just convince people he isnt average, until then, the tag still sticks.
He was at least a class above your boyfriend today. You're just hating. He's been having a bunch of games like this one this season. It's really not my fault that you can't see that.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
SimplyFabregas said:
Klaus Daimler said:

He was at least a class above your boyfriend today. You're just hating. He's been having a bunch of games like this one this season. It's really not my fault that you can't see that.

First off no he hasnt, but i did think this was his best game of the season, and his performance was on about a par with Cesc's today, as i thought they were our best players.

You mention Cesc giving sloppy balls away today, but fail to mention the times Denilson did, go figure.

Where did most of our best attacks come from today?

Answers on a postcard please!

dbig

Almunia - 7 - Did very well today.

Clichy - 5 - Was average today. Some dodgy moments and didn't contribute to the attack. For some reason he seemed to be holding back. Not sure if it was tactical to counter Valencia. Maybe it was because he had Nasri and Eboue in front of him and not Denilson. Ahem. :)

Djourou - 6 - Was ok.

Touré - 5.5 - Some bad moments. Could've given away a penalty.

Sagna - 7 - The better of our 2 fullbacks today. Contribute much more in making runs forward.

Nasri - 6 - Actually dribbled pass a few players today.

Cesc - 7 - I thought he would have a bad day after he let a Wigan player through in a Randall like moment minutes before we scored but I think he did well after that with some good passes and tackles.

Song - 6 - Did his job.

Denilson - 7 - MOTM for me. Did his job well and contributed to the attack and defense.

Adebayor - 6 - Got the goal.

Van Persie - 6 - Wasn't to be seen before half-time but came alive in the 2nd.

Subs:

Eboue - 4 - Gave the ball away too easily which elicited groans and made his passing even worse, culminating in the boos from the crowd and him trying to masquerade as a Wigan player.

ricky1985

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
SimplyFabregas said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Fabregas was absoutely outstanding in patches today.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
He was at least a class above your boyfriend today.

Also any need for that, is that warning?

Seeing as i got warned for calling somebody a nugget.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Oh come on, grow some thicker skin. Look, I apologise for the comment, it was uncalled for. But the point is that you're constantly making the point that Cesc is pure class, even though he hasn't played that well for most part of this season. In your eyes he's a good player putting in mediocre performances no matter what, while Denilson is a mediocre player putting in good performances. It doesn't quite add up.

ricky1985

Established Member

No, Fabregas is a great player putting in good performances at the moment.

He is the only truly great player we have.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

ricky: Sure, he's been really good the last couple of games. The rest of the season this far - not so much, with very few exceptions.

ricky1985

Established Member

Yeah but lets not start slagging off the one bit of indisputable quality we have. He was the only one who looked capable of creating chances for us today.

General

Established Member

SimplyFabregas said:
Klaus Daimler said:

I'm not advocating any name calling but perhaps if you stopped going sucking Fabregas's balls at every opportunity he wouldn't have called you that. Crazy that from the copious points he made in his ratings, you’ve managed to steer the discussion towards your object of infatuation.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

ricky: I wasn't slagging him the slightest. I just used him as a prime example of the biasis in SimplyFabregas' judgement of players. Whenever Cesc is having a howler he's still a great player, but when Denilson is doing really well it's because he's mediocre and just manages to raise his game for one isolated game. When Denilson is doing not so well, though, he's immediately average, bad, not good enough and pointless. It doesn't add up.

General

Established Member

Seriously chaps, this is a ratings thread. Let's not ruin it. No player is immune to criticism.

Captain

Established Member

We have four world class players in the squad. fullbacks, Gallas and Cesc.

We also have two other 'undisputed bits of quality'.

None have been world class so far this season though.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Oh come on, grow some thicker skin. Look, I apologise for the comment, it was uncalled for. But the point is that you're constantly making the point that Cesc is pure class, even though he hasn't played that well for most part of this season. In your eyes he's a good player putting in mediocre performances no matter what, while Denilson is a mediocre player putting in good performances. It doesn't quite add up.

I've got thick skin, apparently some people on this forum havent, seeing as they can't take being called a nugget for making a shocking post, but anyway lets move on.

When did i call Denilson a mediocre player?

I like Denilson i think he has good potential, but is a long way short of reaching that potential, and putting in a good performance every say 5 or 6 games doesnt prove your a class player like your suggesting.

Cesc has proved to be pure class, and i fully accept he hasnt been upto his own high standards for most of this season, but he hasnt been anywhere near as bad as some people suggest on this forum and anyway the last few games he has been pretty damn good, and even when he isnt playing well, he is still usually the man creating all our chances, and without him our midfield creativity wise is clueless.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

General said:
Seriously chaps, this is a ratings thread. Let's not ruin it. No player is immune to criticism.
You're right. Let's not go off topic.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

General said:
I'm not advocating any name calling but perhaps if you stopped going sucking Fabregas's balls at every opportunity he wouldn't have called you that. Crazy that from the many copious points he made in his ratings, you’ve managed to steer the discussion towards your object of infatuation.

In the midst of writing that post insulting me, you may have wanted to check to see who brought Cesc into the discussion, because it wasnt me. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom