• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 30/11/08

tam1886

Established Member
Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Ratings

Maybe 'undoubtedly' is a bit harsh, but I still stand by my statement. Playing for Arsenal has nothing to do with it. Right now Fletcher is the better player, and Denilson is having a bit of trouble finding his role in the team in my opinion. However, over the past year or two we have seen flashes of what he can do, and I think what we've seen of his passing, control of the game and skill outshines anything Fletcher has shown. Finding consistency and letting that side of his game flow seems to be the problem with him, along with the obvious defensive failings, because we know he's got the talent. You may disagree, but I was very impressed by him when was on form, and think he showed more ability than Fletcher ever has.

Denilson has received some harsh criticism, some warranted and some not so, but for his faults he is still playing in a top team and plugging away. Fletcher didn't have it in him to be doing the same as what Denilson is now when he was 20 years old. In three or four years time I'm certain Denilson will be a better player then Fletcher is currently.

dutchMasta

Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Ratings

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
Give credit when due. Beating Manure and Chelski is not really a question of luck. With Manure especially we did play well enough to win it. I stated we have moved forward but there is still work to be done (thus the inconsistency). The challenges in how we cope with low confidence is there for all of us to see. Kids get shaken much more than the big boys. I believe a good team can not suddenly be bad. And this current team has played enough games to show they are good. Not the best not a finished article but good enough to compete and with a bit of luck here and there even get us silverware. Like you said, time will tell. However you just cant judge based on silverware. I think last year's team was good enough to have won the EPL and even the CL. Sh* happend but we were good enough. We have taken a step backwards with the hlebs leaving..but not too far back.
I did give credit, not saying luck is the sole determining factor, but I think it plays a big enough role. From the penalty shouts against Liverpool, to the RVP disallowed offside goal against Chelsea, the Ade handball goal against Man U I think, and recently deflections and offside decisions for us, but sending offs not dished that would've helped, too many to write it off.

Also agreed, last year we were good enough, and that's why I was really looking forward to this season until we lost 2 important players, and it's so frustrating especially after having built up, imo, a team that could've been one of, if not, the best in Arsenal's history, we took imo a big step back, and will have to wait a while before we win anything, unless Wenger buys.

What do you mean by the bit in bold, seems contradictory? Do you mean we've moved forward so far during the season?

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom