• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 30/11/08

kym7224

Re: Chelsea vs Arsenal Match Ratings

dos1986 said:
Dont have a clue how we won today, I really dont.

Some of them were disgraceful.How the hell did Chelsea not hammer us?

Denilson, Nasri, Almunia, Ade were as bad as I have seen them.

agree everything but Ade, he worked very hard even he was rusty

he was put into big game directly from his injury, and same reason thats why I think Sagna was brilliant.

Nasri was poor even considering the injury.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia 3

Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 5

Denilson 3
Song 5
Fabregas 7
Nasri 3

Ade 4
RVP 9

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member

almunia 4.5
sagna 7
gallas 6
djorou 6
clichy 7
denilson 5.5
song 6
fabregas 6.5
nasri 4.5
adebayor 5
RVP 8

Kain

Established Member

Ade ratings are abit off for some here, he was involved with both goals, the first he got up between two midfielders won the ball well and got it to Denilson, the second Song won a freekick which Cesc floated in to Ade he beat the best Chelsea's defence had to offer to the header and it setup RVP.

In the first half Chelsea got a freekick 20 yards out Ballack thumped it who was the one player jumping up to head the ball then when it came down boot it away... thats right, Ade, not the back 4.

He gets mauled most games aswell not just by relegation fodder but teams like Chelsea push, shove, hack the **** out of him as hes so big, if any of the technical wizard shrimps got half the tackles on them Ade got they wouldnt last most games he does so come on stop with the 2's and 4's and be abit more serious.

beepos

alonso14 said:
Almunia 6

Sagna 8
Clichy 7
Djourou 7
Gallas 7

Fabregas 8
Song 6
Denilson 5
Nasri 6

van Persie 8
Adebayor 6

MoM for me was Sagna

Most fair ratings i've seen all day. And yeah, Denilson is rated too low on this forum. He may have ****ed up a good 3rd chance, but he made the mistake that got us our equalizer. So i dont care. :D

DC Gunner

Established Member

Almunia 5.5
Sagna 8
Djourou 6.5
Gallas 7
Clichy 6.5

Denilson 5
Song 6.5
Fabregas 7.5
Nasri 6

Ade 7
RVP 8.5

dbig

beepos said:
alonso14 said:
Almunia 6

Sagna 8
Clichy 7
Djourou 7
Gallas 7

Fabregas 8
Song 6
Denilson 5
Nasri 6

van Persie 8
Adebayor 6

MoM for me was Sagna

Most fair ratings i've seen all day. And yeah, Denilson is rated too low on this forum. He may have f*d up a good 3rd chance, but he made the mistake that got us our equalizer. So i dont care. :D

Have to agree with this as well.

qs

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
raidersoftheark said:
I would be totally for Denilson plying his trade at a club like Newcastle or Sunderland. He could become a good grafter in the vein of Park Ji-Sung or Fletcher, and we really miss those players that can slot in and do a dirty job well.
fletcher is a decent comparison - with some maturity and brains, denilson might raise his game to fletcher's level. fletcher was pretty awful, too, for a while.

park is 10x more creative than denilson will ever be. intelligent runs, decent combination play. i honestly think he's better defensively than denilson as well.

Horse ****. Denilson is already better than Fletcher will ever be.

qs

Established Member

Big Poppa said:
I think yuo have to think about what Song did for the team. He won the ball and was able to hold off challenges in possession. He was whack in the first 45 but a beasst in the second. A large reason why the Chelsea midfield was rendered ineffective. That's no small feat, given we had only 2 in the centre to their 3. Credit where credit is due - nobody is calling him Lothar Matthaus.

He's getting credit for his second half performance but dont get carried away, the back 4 had plenty to deal with that he let through. He had a good half a game. Thats what we got from him so far this season. Paddy Vieira he isn't.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

qs said:
He's getting credit for his second half performance but dont get carried away, the back 4 had plenty to deal with that he let through. He had a good half a game. Thats what we got from him so far this season. Paddy Vieira he isn't.

That's unfair.

Should we undermine Van Persie because he isn't Batistuta? Get real. Vieira's come once in a blue moon and we might not see another one at this club for a while. Take Song for what he is, and he's a good player with the right instructions and in the right formation.

Dennis10

qs said:
kamikaze80 said:
raidersoftheark said:
I would be totally for Denilson plying his trade at a club like Newcastle or Sunderland. He could become a good grafter in the vein of Park Ji-Sung or Fletcher, and we really miss those players that can slot in and do a dirty job well.
fletcher is a decent comparison - with some maturity and brains, denilson might raise his game to fletcher's level. fletcher was pretty awful, too, for a while.

park is 10x more creative than denilson will ever be. intelligent runs, decent combination play. i honestly think he's better defensively than denilson as well.

Horse s**t. Denilson is already better than Fletcher will ever be.

I know a lot of people will disagree with that statement, but Denilson proved he was a better player than Fletcher a long time ago. Their talent aren't comparable. Denilson is just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and should not be starting every game for us these days. However, I noticed how our two goals yesterday gave him the energy and grit that he sorely lacked against City. Fabregas has set the bar unreasonably high for young central midfielders.

DOUBLE-YOU

Almunia - 5 (he wasn't really tested, but he contibuted to chelsea goal and flapped a couple of times under pressure)

sagna - 8 (great return from injury. i feel his absence was why we fell apart last year)
gallas - 8 (very good performance)
djourou - 8 (very good performance)
clichy - 8 (didn't get forward as much until late but defended well)

denilson - 6 (has little confidence right now which is shown in the fact he always tried crossing the ball from 40 yards out. he lacks power and his main asset is his passing which is suffering because he has little confidence. but he is trying and he got an assist)
cesc - 7 (wasn't one his best performances, but he kept possession and he wasn't scared to fight for the team)
song - 6 (for a defensive midfielder he has no authourity. however when we went in front he started filling in the gaps)
nasri - 5 (posed no threat)

adebayor - 4 (wasn't ready to start the game. constantly gave away the ball and got bullied by chelseas centre-backs)
van persie - 8 (scored 2 goals. if he got more physical - seems lightweight to me - he would be even better)

asajoseph

Established Member

Fletcher has been an important player for Manchester UTd for the last 18 months.

Denilson hasn't looked like he's a remotely important player at Arsenal at any point in his career. He's got absolutely everything to prove, and at this stage, should go back to playing reserve football.

gstew

Dennis10 said:
qs said:
kamikaze80 said:

Horse s**t. Denilson is already better than Fletcher will ever be.

I know a lot of people will disagree with that statement, but Denilson proved he was a better player than Fletcher a long time ago. Their talent aren't comparable. Denilson is just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and should not be starting every game for us these days. However, I noticed how our two goals yesterday gave him the energy and grit that he sorely lacked against City. Fabregas has set the bar unreasonably high for young central midfielders.

I watch most ManU games and every Arsenal game and I believe myself to be fairly objective. Two years ago Denilson was a superior player Fletcher. But in two years Denilson has not improved at all. On the other hand, Fletcher's improvement has been remarkable (similar to Flamini's improvement). He is now a very good player. At the moment Fletcher is a far far superior player to Denilson in both attack and defense. But Fletcher is also four years older with far more experience. We should not be writing off 20 year olds.

sabret00the

Established Member

Denilson is a better player than Fletcher at the height of his game. In fact at the height of Denilson's game that's so obvious that it's not only an insult to him to make the comparison, it's an insult to yourself. That said, when he's cack, he's really cack. Fletcher knows his game and has settled into it, Denilson is someone who's still trying to find his role in this team. I say it a million times a day, but it's up to the manager to come out and let the fans know what to expect of him so we can support him. It's at that point that he'll settle into his game, have the confidence to just do him and will flourish.

asajoseph

Established Member

Denilson at the height of his game?

Do you have a match in mind that you think might demonstrate that?

I only ask, because I reckon I could count the number of Denilson's performances this season that have been better than average on one hand. So I was wondering what sort of standard you think he's demonstrated so far this year.

outlaw_member

Established Member

I'm with Gstew on this one, Fletchers improvement has been nothing short of remarkable. He plays like a fully fledged member of their team, he exudes confidence and has alot of ability. Let me make one thing clear though, Denilson can become better than him. However, in this moment in time Fletcher is the better player. It's almost criminal how underrated he is.

tam1886

Established Member

Denilson is undoubtedly blessed with more natural talent than Fletcher, but right now Fletcher is a far better player. Whether that is simply down to his age and experience advantage over Denilson remains to be seen, but he is a better all round player and fulfils his role better than Denilson does at present.

Fletcher has a good range of passing, knack of being in and around goals and a good understanding of what is required of him defensively. And he shows it all consistently. Right now we aren't seeing that from Denilson as much, certainly not an appreciation of his defensive duties. Fletcher has grown and blossomed as a player and has been an important team member recently for United, like Asa mentioned. In the same time Denilson seems to have gone backwards. Fletcher has been shifted about as much, if not more, than Denilson too, and coped with it well.

Whether Denilson goes on to be a better player than Fletcher is completely down to him. He has the ability to be a far better player, but right now Fletcher is the one who is improving, growing in stature, and seems to have what it takes mentally to succeed at a big club, whereas Denilson's confidence looks shot and he doesn't really seem to be progressing in his development at all.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom