Players that have left Arsenal and bettered themselves?

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by UlsterBranch, May 2, 2004.

1. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

Jay Bothroyd.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is playing for a team that got relegated from the prem, and then a team that has got relegated from Seria A bettering himself?

Or were you having a laugh?

3. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

Oh, did Perugia get relegated? I was having a laugh.

They were certainly hyping him up for a bit.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think they did anyway, and I thought you must be having a laugh, just got back from the pub so im a bit slow!

5. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

From what I remember, he was a prick anyway.

6. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

He sure was. Wasn't he the one that got kicked out of the club cause he threw his shirt away after being subbed.

How dare he throw the arsenal shirt away like its trash!
    Good riddance!

7. Fumiharu

Fumiharu New Member

If you are going to take off the shirt... do it like Viera post match celebration .. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

The two who have done best in recent times have been Gio and MOritz Volz.. althoug Volz wasnt given a good run here..he was nevertheless an ARsenal player and he is in many people's team of the season as right back.

9. Olofski

Olofski New Member

Stefan Schwarz

10. marco

marco New Member Trusted

yeah thats why we got rid of him. if you look at it andy cole is the only young player who we have got rid off who has gone onto do anything. the others ie hughes,shaw, morrow, dickov, vernazza etc the list is endless have all left arsenal but never fulfilled any osrt of potential.

p.s rohan ricketts was also sold for the same reason andy cole was, but he was stealing mobile phones rather than watches which was andy cole's speciality

11. RaMi

RaMi New Member

Kaba Diawara!!! and Caballero with Chris Wreh

12. bellsavage

bellsavage New Member

Do any of you remember Alan Kennedy, he did quite well at liverpool umpteen trophies etc ............. david O'leary went to Leeds and well uh the less said ....... oh yeah the villa. Personally i think the magicman did well when he left, that was a real shock!

13. jc8gooner

jc8gooner New Member Elite

Mainly cos he's the only English bloke playing in Italy, even if it is for Perugia. Soccer AM certanly gave him a lot of hype.

14. vin de guerre

vin de guerre New Member

I think you are a LITTLE dazed and confused! ALAN Kennedy? You may be refering to RAY!!!!
    Just to make sure:

Alan Kennedy: Left Back (1978 - 1985)
    Date of Birth: 31/08/54
    Birthplace: Sunderland
    Debut : 19th August 1978 v Queens Park Rangers (H) Football League Division One: Won 2-1
    1st team games: 356
    1st team goals: 21
    Other clubs: Newcastle United, Sunderland, Hartlepool, Beerschot (Belgium), Wigan Athletic

15. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

the only ones i can think of that played better outside of arsenal (after they left) are BoaMorte, Upson (although, played well when he did play here), GvB, David Seaman (just kidding...heh)......

speaking of Seaman, soccernet.com listed his transfer to ManCity as the #1 failed transfers of '03-'04... (told ya Seamo, you never listen)

16. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

This thread hasn't been used for ages but I was looking for somewhere to post this Carlos Vela goal and he's certainly a player that belongs in this thread.

What a goal!

arsenefc and Aevi like this.
  17. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Serge Gnabry

Aevi likes this.
  18. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

a lot of our youth had to leave and many have had great careers. Its more rare that someone we sell mid career goes on to light the world on fire.

Among the younger ones, Aneke, Akpom, Afobe, Hayden, Bielik, Rene-Adelaide, Ozyakup, Nordveit Madvidi, Bennacer, Crowley, Yennaris, Ben Sheaf, Ignasi Miquel etc are all doing well as professionals...making a living, playing football at a decent level.

Some older ones like Coquelin, Walcott, Gabriel, Santi seem to be doing okay.

I would say - Fabianski, Rene-Adelaide, Gnabry, Ashley Cole, Santi are good shouts. I hope to see Ramsey, Wilshere and Bielik added to that list.