• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

[Poll] Premier League Manager of the season 2008/09

EPL Manager of the Season

• Roy Hodgson

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Tony Pulis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gianfranco Zola

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

thegame24

Established Member
Re: Premier League Manager of the season 2008/09

I dont think fergies done anything special when you look at resources

I think Hodgson is manager of the year, easily.

Wenger14

Established Member

Ferguson for me.

Hodgson and Moyes have had brilliant seasons too but winning a third title in a row for the second time is a special achievement.

I'd say Hodgson in 2nd for taking a a team from the brink of relegation to all but securing a spot in Europe.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

thegame24 said:
I dont think fergies done anything special when you look at resources

I think Hodgson is manager of the year, easily.

It's all well and good saying that, but he's still won the league, the league cup and possibly the CL.

Yes he's had resources, but so do other clubs. It's because of the squad he's built that they are such a good team.

I think he's a **** but he's an excellent manager.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Hodgson. The kind of perspective and intelligence he possesses is just so rare to come across in a manager. Fulham should have been a midtable team in the Championship right now. Instead they're sitting 7th in the Premier League and are playing some very good football. What really sets him apart from most others it that he's achieved all this without putting the club in great financial debt.

Original_AAA

Like many others, my vote goes to Roy Hodgson. The way he has turned Fulham around and the style in which he did it is enough to convince me.

thegame24

Established Member

Ferguson really hasnt done anything special, we all expected him to win the league, there was no competetion and when hes got about 100 million of talent up front its not that impressive, especially when he cant even beat his closest rivals.

Rafa has done a better job than fergie in the premier league this season, harry redknapp has even done a better job than fergie.

Cruisio

Established Member

The Hodge for me. Talk to Fulham fans and they will tell you he's an absoloute god. He's got a very keen eye when it comes to transfers aswell - Hangeland, Etuhu and Schwarz are players that he has bought and had fantastic seasons. 4 points off us, 3 points off Man Utd, point off Chelsea and going to be playing in europe next season. Last season nobody gave them a hope, they were pretty much the West Brom of this season. Coming from that to a Uefa Cup spot in a year is an unbelieveably achievement.

I like Moyes, but he's already had a few years to build the team that he has now so based on that, The Hodge

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Fulham manager and ofcourse Moyes again, from Everton, he does it every season finishing with limited sources 5th.

I would say Benitez has done some good things for Pool though this season.

Hull City was very good the begin of the season when they where even on top of the table after 9 matchen.

Unforgiven

Established Member

Hodgeson easily, some great football Fulham have been playing this season and I hope they get into europe.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

HollandGooner said:
Fulham manager and ofcourse Moyes again, from Everton, he does it every season finishing with limited sources 5th.

I would say Benitez has done some good things for Pool though this season.

Hull City was very good the begin of the season when they where even on top of the table after 9 matchen.

Would you have nominated Wenger last season? :?

I'd say:

1. Moyes
2. Hodgson
3. Ferguson
4. Pulis
5. Bruce
6. Benitez
7. Redknapp
8. Hiddink
9. Wenger
10. O'Neill
11. Megson
12. Allardyce
13. er...Hughes
14. Don't care anymore
20. Newcastle's collected managers

third-to-last: Tony Adams (bless him)
second-to-last: Paul Ince
stone-cold-last: Juande Ramos (lol)

NWgunner

Why's Redknapp so high? Sp**s-hating aside, he took a side underachieving by a fair amount to a level they should be at least given their outlay on players. I suppose credit for picking them up, but surely there's an argument that they were going to pick up eventually regardless...

thegame24

Established Member

I think they were on their way down.

At least he admitted which players were **** and he even bought back 3 players, thats how **** they were.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

ibby said:
Why is O'Neill so low?

I think the resources he had coupled with the end to the season lowers him down.

I'm sure if we'd had our last 15 games first, and finished with the run we had up until February, he'd be a lot higher on the list. Short memories and all that.

Unforgiven

Established Member

Remember a lot of Villa success in the league came from on the pitch when they would get a penalty or the other team would get a player sent off etc.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

Unforgiven said:
Remember a lot of Villa success in the league came from on the pitch when they would get a penalty or the other team would get a player sent off etc.

Ah yes, the "Villa never earned a point, everything was handed to them" argument.

I'm sure if Villa hadn't have been challenging Arsenal at that time, this myth wouldn't have surfaced on here. No other team's fans seem to think we were inexplicably lucky.

Yes we got the rub of the green at times, every team does at some point in a season. But the idea that we didn't do anything ourselves and everything was luck that is thrown around on here is farcical. That so called luck has been more than cancelle dout in the last 15 games.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member

Stevo the Villan said:
ibby said:
Why is O'Neill so low?

I think the resources he had coupled with the end to the season lowers him down.

I'm sure if we'd had our last 15 games first, and finished with the run we had up until February, he'd be a lot higher on the list. Short memories and all that.

Yup :eek:ops: Tht would be seen as a remarkable turnaround by a manager (part of the reason why Wenger is above him - he got his ordering of the **** part of the season and the good part right ;) )

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom