• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pre-season Friendly #1: RC Lens vs Arsenal FC - July 22, 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Gotta be honest - didn't like the game today. 2nd half was at least somewhat enjoyable but I didn't feel encouraged by a lot. I get that it's pre-season rust but I was nonetheless disappointed.

Thought the build up play in the 1st half was terrible, Iwobi was the only one who looked capable of doing anything and he didn't look at his sharpest. Coquelin did what he does best which was tackling everything and providing solidity where he could - as long as he does that, he always looks decent.

Akpom disappointed me greatly. I've been championing him for a long time but he's not doing himself any favors at all - even taking into account the poor play behind him. Jeff wasn't all that effective in the end.

Ox looked impressive. Campbell was mixed. Gnabry grew into the game and looked very good at the end. Willock and Zelalem added some zip - I'm still annoyed that Willock didn't get more time and that there was no Nelson at all. Wenger keeps giving too little time to the youngsters who would make the most impact at said point in their development and it's jarring.

That's about it. Wenger has work to do, and not just in the market.

blaze_of_glory

The defenders look ****. But the front 6 could be quality, Pirlo, Kaka, Drogba, Villa, Giovinco, Giovanni, etc.

I think we're in for a hiding tbh. Drogba and Villa will murder Per and Chambers.

Where is Fat Frank btw?
Probably didn't make it cause all the fans hated him when he was out injured for so long after staying at Man City despite being contracted to NYFC. He's just back playing now and has been pretty good.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good to hear Ox was good, just hope Wenger doesn't tear down his confidence again.

No Wilshere?

Players shouldn't be judged on first game of the season. This forum some times... 3 youngsters 1 player coming of terrible season in attack. No midfield starter in the team and makeshift defence also.

Expecting the team to get stronger when starters return! Hopefully Akpom, Iwobi and others youngsters get a few more chances to impress! Very exciting youngsters.

Eduardo_da_Silva

Our game wasnt encouraging. Once again no game plan, some terrible decisions, awful passing.

But I was pleasantly surprised by some of our guys, I cant remember the last time I saw so many sliding tackles from our players(Coq must have had like 20 on his own).

Walcott was once again dissapointing and guy is like change in your pocket, its sometimes usefull to have it with you but most of the time its absolutely useless. ( that chance when he wouldnt slide and try to put it in was horrible)

BFG is done with top level football, I am afraid to think what some of the strikers will do to him this season.

Chambers was once again underwhelming and he really needs a loan to try to find his mojo again.

Debuchy and Monreal were quite good in my opinion.

Our goalkeeping options are really good, both of our young goalies looke confident and really takented.

Akpom non existent, Jeff with his bright moments, but nowhere near his stellar performances in the emiratea last year.

Willock I like, Bielik could have a future, Gnabry needs a proper loan to a club where he will play and he will make a career.

Coq as I said is full of energy and such a usefull player for our transformation when defending.

Ox once again showed what he can do, and he can do everything. He looks as if he bulked up, he is raring to go and he should be our new right winger. But we all know its deja vu that happens every season. I love this Ox but im not sure we will see im on a regulat basis.

I miss that sexy Arsenal, and despite missing some very important players we are so so short in some positions...

nick gould

Need to start getting that Liverpool midfield 3 gelling together - Xhaka, Coquelin and Wilshere.

Has to be our starting midfield 1st game of the season. The more practice they get playing with each other, the better our chances are to get the season off to a good start.
I don't think Wilshere deserves to start against liverpool. With Özil not playing we need a playmaker to replace him and our best chance is Carzola. Jack(and Ramsey) is a failed central midfielder and maybe the reason why we bought Xhaka.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I don't think Wilshere deserves to start against liverpool. With Özil not playing we need a playmaker to replace him and our best chance is Carzola. Jack(and Ramsey) is a failed central midfielder and maybe the reason why we bought Xhaka.
Santi's apparently going to miss pre-season and the Pool game through injury (according to Dean)

Highbury Rock City

Good goal from Oxlade. It's frustrating tough how he obviously can't deal with the pressure during the real thing. He does neat stuff and looks confident during these training matches, and then he either get injured or just flunks. It's a shame and a waste of talent, tbh.

nicky47

Established Member
Except it won't. We'll drop stupid points early on, go on an unconvincing run, people will get their hopes up, we'll want signings in January, won't get them, then fall apart, threaten to drop out the top 4, pick up some crap wins and third it is.
Predictable it will be for us!

BobP

Memri Fan
Chambers is one of those guys who needs a run of games to build rhythm in his game.

Nothing to worry about with him.

Mertesacker should just **** off.

By God if he isn't at the bottom of Wenger's list of CB options...

Literally no point in playing Mertesacker anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom