• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2015/16: 2nd of 92 clubs in England

Where do you think Arsenal will finish this season?

• Total voters

morpho

Established Member
Sorry if its been adressed before... If pool win Europa league they get a spot in CL right? Does that mean City will be out?

FinnGooner

Established Member
We had no chance in those games because our injury record for the season was so much worse than that of Leicester's. How can we win Swansea at home or not blow two goal lead at West Ham with the amount of injuries we had.

2nd out of 92. Brilliant season! Damn those injuries

Mr Drummond

When we went into the block of fixtures that were Everton, Watford, West Ham, Palace, Sunderland, Norwich, City and Villa me and a lot of other people on here said that it was a case of win all our remaining games and we would be PL champions. I think with the table now that's been more or less proven right.

We're 10 points behind Leicester and we dropped 8 points in those games. Had we kept up the pressure I think it's reasonable to assume we could have made up those 2 points.

And it's not like those games were difficult. We always thought the 3 standouts would be Everton, West Ham and City. Well Everton are utter **** and we dismantled them that games. We ****ed up the West Ham game up we were 2-0 up, it's criminal not to hold on to that lead especially at that time in the season. It's also been proven since that West Ham are a very beatable side. City are a joke at this point, we went into that game with the mentality of getting 1 point and securing top 4 and it showed in our play, I wonder had we went into that game needing to win for the title whether we'd have been able to beat them. Because City are there for the taking, beaten at home by all of the top 8 besides us and Southampton.

Beyond those games that most people highlighted, the same deficiencies of the season showed up against Sunderland and Palace, I'm actually tired of talking about them but let's just say that those certainly should have been 6 points instead of 2.

So even when the title was "gone" we still had a fairly good chance to win it, it's just the terrible mental attitude of most of this squad and the manager that they gave up and instead all showed up when it was gone and 4th was at risk. A loser's way of thinking if I ever saw one.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

A very disappointing season. One which should have been avoided if we added in the summer and addressed our tactical deficiency. We have to many bogey teams. Chelsea had an awful season and they still done us. Southampton as well. Stoke.

We need to smarten up massively. That has to come from the manager to prepare a team for the game. Put in players who won't be bullied (signing some will be a start) be prepared for Southampton to sit back and counter. Give them the ball, do to them what they do to us.

I don't know really. It's difficult to be positive. No silverware, no finals, jumped out at the last 16 again, yet we finished second. It's very hollow.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Points total keeps falling league finish keeps rising. :lol:

At least to the average onlooker we are PL runners up (albeit to Leicester) hopefully that will help us sign some players.

Does anyone think this is a new era for the PL? Thanks to the ridiculous money in the PL maybe the days of the league winners finishing with point totals in the high 80's are over?

say yes

forum master baiter
Points total keeps falling league finish keeps rising. :lol:

At least to the average onlooker we are PL runners up (albeit to Leicester) hopefully that will help us sign some players.

Does anyone think this is a new era for the PL? Thanks to the ridiculous money in the PL maybe the days of the league winners finishing with point totals in the high 80's are over?

Too early to say, I think the big teams are all just really weak at the moment.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It should have been evident that our race was over after we lost to Chelsea and drew 0-0 vs Southampton in the space of a few days, but the Old Trafford defeat was definitely the nail in the coffin.

Not too fussed about looking all the way back to the opening day defeat because we managed to recover from that and were top of the table come early to mid-January and we should have pushed on. Southampton home, Chelsea home, Liverpool when we were 3-2 up, Swansea home, United away were the fixtures that derailed our title challenge over a 6/7 week period.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
When we beat Leicester on Matchday 26, they were on 53 points.
They won the League with 81, which means they gained 28 points from a possible 36 points, from Matchday 26 to 38 - that's quite a strong finish.

We finished on 71 points......if you calculate that back, we'd lost the title with our draw at WHL (then we'd have won it on GD). The losses to ManUre and Swansea really killed us, and then you don't even take the dismal draws at Anfield and Stoke into account.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
It should have been evident that our race was over after we lost to Chelsea and drew 0-0 vs Southampton in the space of a few days, but the Old Trafford defeat was definitely the nail in the coffin.

Not too fussed about looking all the way back to the opening day defeat because we managed to recover from that and were top of the table come early to mid-January and we should have pushed on. Southampton home, Chelsea home, Liverpool when we were 3-2 up, Swansea home, United away were the fixtures that derailed our title challenge over a 6/7 week period.

I felt the old mental problems were coming with the 4-0 loss at Southampton.

As a neutral, up until that point I had been hoping for an Arsenal win because I'd rather have seen them win than the other teams typically seen as contenders. That was the point I thought they'd bottled it again and looked at the other teams form more closely.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom