• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We've got 10 games left, we really need to try and win all of those maybe 9 and a draw would be enough but we have to go on an amazing run. At least today we showed some fight (more than vs West Brom that's for sure). Our hardest fixture is Sp**s away which is still a long way away, if we play at our best in every other game we should be coming away with the three points. We finished in the top 4 in difficult situations like in 05/06, 08/09, 11/12 and 12/13 after it seemed unlikely and there's still a chance we'll do it again. I far from convinced that Liverpool or City will win every game remaining so there's still chances there. Hope the boys are willing to fight for the boss and above all the club.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Needing Arsenal to go on an amazing run these days usually ends up in disappointment.

If we need to go unbeaten to secure the top four then I think we should start preparing for the Europa.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Big game Wednesday & then we play after everyone else with two Monday night matches. Hopefully we will have encouragement going into both.

mm76

Yer Da
our next 4 games are Westham Home Crystal Palace Away Boro Away and Sunderland home. old Arsenal would take 12/12 points from these games but our current arsenal we'll be lucky to 10 points from 12.

those teams are all fighting relegation, which yes means they're rubbish but also means they have something to play for

we'll almost certainly lose or draw away to Palace, and I think two wins and a draw (probably W Ham) from the other three is the best we can hope for unless we really do get our s**t together

even that's an improvement on what i thought we'd do after WBA, but mind you i'm only saying that because we finally turned up yesterday - they need to show that commitment in all our remaining games

mm76

Yer Da
1t967fho57my.jpg

Look at our remaining fixtures (plus Southampton), we will be lucky to pick up "10-14" points......

OK, let's see shall we...

A v W Ham - hammers will bounce back and Carroll will get a brace from badly-defended set pieces - Draw = 1 pt (total - 1)

Palace - on a winning streak and alladyce has wenger's number - Lose = 0 (1)

Boro - they're s**t - really s**t - Win = 3 (4)

EDIT - forgot about Leicester at home - we can't expect an injury time winner again - Draw 1 (5)

sunderland - defoe 90th minute equaliser cancels out early Alexis strike - Draw = 1 (6)

tottenshite - Lose = 0 (6)

Moan Utd - dodgy Utd penalty - Kos sent off - Lose = 0 (6)

stoke - do i need to even say? Lose = 0 (6)

EDIT - forgot about saints - they have enough to hold us but are fairly bad at the moment so i'll be generous and say a Win = 3 (9)

everton - feel generous saying it, but it is the last game of the season at home - Win - 3 (11)

Total - 12 points

if i was being generous i'd say we might draw against Moan U and beat sunderland (although i think either they or Boro will pull off a surprise fo some kind) - but that's only an extra 3 points =15

Last edited:

cannel

A v W Ham - hammers will bounce back and Carroll will get a brace from badly-defended set pieces - Draw = 1 pt (total - 1)

sunderland - defoe 90th minute equaliser cancels out early Alexis strike - Draw = 1 (5)

tottenshite - Lose = 0 (5)

Moan Utd - dodgy Utd penalty - Kos sent off - Lose = 0 (5)

stoke - do i need to even say? Lose = 0 (5)

EDIT - forgot about saints - they have enough to hold us but are fairly bad at the moment so i'll be generous and say a Win = 3 (8)

everton - feel generous saying it, but it is the last game of the season at home - Win - 3 (11)

Total - 11 points

if i was being generous i'd say we might draw against Moan U and beat sunderland (although i think either they or Boro will pull off a surprise fo some kind) - but that's only an extra 3 points =14

We also play Leicester, that changes everything

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...

sunderland - defoe 90th minute equaliser cancels out early Alexis strike - Draw = 1 (5)

tottenshite - Lose = 0 (5)

Moan Utd - dodgy Utd penalty - Kos sent off - Lose = 0 (5)

stoke - do i need to even say? Lose = 0 (5)

EDIT - forgot about saints - they have enough to hold us but are fairly bad at the moment so i'll be generous and say a Win = 3 (8)

Total - 11 points

if i was being generous i'd say we might draw against Moan U and beat sunderland (although i think either they or Boro will pull off a surprise fo some kind) - but that's only an extra 3 points =14
Boro were **** really **** when we played them earlier and we couldn't score.

Hyruga

Arsenal won't make it to top 4 this season.

Its clear that this season, only half the players or fans or management want to make top 4.

With a half hearted approach, arsenal does not stand much chance against Liverpool. Man city also gone case after the draw. Man utd also a major threat.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Some sick, twisted, immoral, uneducated, self-loathing part of me is ready to embrace not finishing in the top four and at least in some part breaking out of our groundhog-day (great film btw) cycle where we can virtually script every detail of our season before it even kicks off.

say yes

forum master baiter
Just in case anybody still thinks United are going to finish ahead of us:

-Still have to play Chelsea
-Still have to play City away, Tottenham away, Arsenal away.
-Are only 2 points ahead of us despite the worst league form in Wenger's history.
-Are absolute ****.

It's a depressing season, but it's always worth taking a moment to laugh at Mourinho.

If his recent form is anything to go by, this will probably be his last top-level job.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

-Are only 2 points ahead of us despite the worst league form in Wenger's history.
-Are absolute ****.

It's a depressing season, but it's always worth taking a moment to laugh at Mourinho.

If his recent form is anything to go by, this will probably be his last top-level job.
Just need to catch one of City/Liverpool.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If we win the games in hand we're only two points of Liverpool, but our remaining fixtures are definitely a lot harder. Still have to go to the Lane and United come to visit - which will be an inevitable draw.

We've tempted fate several times over the years, but really feel that this season we simply won't make top four.

Deathstroke

The Terminator

-Are absolute ****.

All valid points. But considering the bus driver's tendency to park a double-decker against those teams, combined with a loss of faith in our team's ability to overcome the toughness of our own fixtures and go on a winning run, I remain unconvinced.

Amen! Beating the small-time f*cker and Arsène getting his revenge would be sweet.

say yes

forum master baiter
If we win the games in hand we're only two points of Liverpool, but our remaining fixtures are definitely a lot harder.

Oddly enough that's almost in our favour :lol:

Liverpool's record against the top 5: P10 w5 D5 L0 = 20/30 points.

All their dropped points have come against crap sides (Bournemouth, Stoke, Burnley, Hull, West Brom, Watford, West Ham etc) - the kind of sides that litter their remaining fixture list.

If any other team were in Liverpool's shoes I'd say we're ****ed. With Liverpool we might have a chance - although I think catching City is a more probable bet.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind we'll be finishing behind Sp**s though.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom