• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2020/2021: 10th is the new 8th

Where will we finish?

• Champions

Votes: 17 13.4%
  • Top 4

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Below the Top 4

Votes: 68 53.5%

• Total voters

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
we were nicely setup for an outside shot at top 4 but wolves result kills us. Players might be shot mentally. If they don't recover for the upcoming run, even top 7 is out of the window. Just hoping we can somehow win the Europa. We should have a run like last season's FA cup

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
the teams above like Everton, Villa, West ham are just not dropping enough points. It is going to be very tight even for top 7

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
we were nicely setup for an outside shot at top 4 but wolves result kills us. Players might be shot mentally. If they don't recover for the upcoming run, even top 7 is out of the window. Just hoping we can somehow win the Europa. We should have a run like last season's FA cup
I think the Wolves result is one we should / can just laugh off. Bizarre all around.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
the teams above like Everton, Villa, West ham are just not dropping enough points. It is going to be very tight even for top 7

Europa is the only way we’ll be getting in Europe next season. There’s way to many teams above us with games in hand for us to be hoping they all slip up.

novar

Somehow retained 10th place but with even Brighton winning our rivals are making ground quickly.

Things can look proper dire by matchday 30

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Chris Wilder aside, I’m yet to see another manager survive the run Arteta had to be honest. We probably never will.

Not this season but didn't Hassenhutl have a terrible run when he started? And he's lost 9-0 twice :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Not this season but didn't Hassenhutl have a terrible run when he started? And he's lost 9-0 twice :lol:
He did, but it still wasn’t as bad.

Don’t care about 9 nil would still take him, I survived 8-2 under Wenger.

Arteta gets complete immunity after every red card, I don’t see why the same rule doesn’t apply to Hassenhutl.

The player who got red carded in the opening few minutes I’ve never even heard of.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Like not only do we have to win more games, but other teams are also winning games, like when will West Ham stop winning games!?!?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Points for 6th:

19-20: 59 (+14 GD)
18-19: 66 (+11)
17-18: 63 (+23)
16-17: 69 (+25)
15-16: 63 (+18)
14-15: 62 (+4)
13-14: 69 (+4)
12-13: 63 (+15)
11-12: 64 (+19)
10-11: 58 (+15)

This season is tight so it might be towards the bottom end of that scale, say 60 points and decent GD makes it quite likely for someone to finish in 6th. Our GD isn't decent so let's make it maybe 63.

Currently we're on 31 after 21 games. That leaves 17 games to get 32 points. What does that mean?

- 1.88 points per game.
- We can't win fewer than 7 games from here.
- WDL of 7-10-0
- WDL of 8-7-2
- WDL of 9-5-4
- WDL of 10-2-5

Basically we need to win about half our remaining games, as long as we don't lose more than a couple.

Sounds doable to me, if we have some luck with injuries and keep building on solid form.

Good analysis.

Could you do similar analysis on 4th?

GoonerJay24

Despite how bad results have gone for us lately, today's other matches actually went our way.

I think we are performing well and confident that we can start getting more wins if Arteta selects the right players for each game. We could still make top 6 in this crazy season.

TornadoTed

Established Member
We really lost our chance this week despite not playing particularly badly in either game which is so frustrating. After back to back defeats for Liverpool, if we had of won against Wolves and Villa and we could have been in 7th, 3 points off them in 4th.

I think 6th is the absolute highest we can realistically expect now. All eggs in the Europa basket!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just over halfway through the 'most chaotic and unpredictable' of seasons but basically the winner is nailed on and relegation is nailed on. Race for European places the only thing left.

Ets4vuIXYAI-zRt

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom