• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm still not that confident, why? Because we got really tricky away games and we've not been in this position for years.

But, we could actually do a madness at Newcastle, Liverpool and City and we got players in Jesus and Zini with experience from title challenges. Our overall play away this season has been a lot better than previous years.

The thing is that we struggle when teams sit back and try go for the counter, we struggled at least with Nketiah in the team. But right now with Trossard and Jesus back, I don't know if I feel confident or not tbh, maybe just scared to believe and not be disappointed later.

We'll see how it ends, let's keep supporting the boys and enjoy the moment.

We have by far the best away form in the league - I'm actually more confident away from home than I am at the Emirates at the moment.

These guys give us a 53% chance of winning the title with City having a 47% chance.

In one model they have us finishing on 87 PTS and City on 86 PTS however in another model they have both of us finishing on 88 PTS.

I have us ending up 91 pts; I think we can win another 7 games which would allow us a draw and two losses in between.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

gkoat

These guys give us a 53% chance of winning the title with City having a 47% chance.

In one model they have us finishing on 87 PTS and City on 86 PTS however in another model they have both of us finishing on 88 PTS.

Thank you for posting this! I love simulations like this! But wow, I look at this and have more questions than answers. Pumped to see it's giving us the advantage, but when I look at how they got there I think they aren't giving us enough credit!

Literally every 'Win Chance' has City has HUGE favorites with us at a CRAZY disadvantage!

Arsenal, having performed better than City, have a LOWER % chance (54%) of beating 10th place Chelsea at Emirates, than City do of beating 6th place Liverpool at Etihad (61%)

Arsenal, having performed better than City in AWAY games especially & having put up unprecedented London derby winning %, has a lower % chance (44%) to go to 18th place West Ham and win, than City do of going to 9th place Fulham and winning. (68%)

I honestly can't even identify all the crazy advantages they gave City here. It either undderrates us or overrates City but the comparisons here are just completely non-sensible!

Remaining fixtures
ArsenalWin chanceMan CityWin chance
Leeds (h) 1 April78%Liverpool (h) 1 April61%
Southampton (a) 8 April71%
Liverpool (a) 9 April21%
Bayern Munich (h - Champions League QF) 11 April
Leicester (h) 15 April85%
West Ham (a) 16 April44%
Bayern Munich (a - Champions League QF) 19 April
Southampton (h) 21 April79%
Sheffield United (FA Cup semi-final) 22/23 April
Man City (a) 26 April14%Arsenal (h) 26 April66%
Chelsea (h) 29 April54%
Fulham (a) 30 April68%
Newcastle (a) 6 May37%Leeds (h) 6 May88%
Potential CL semi-final 9/10 May
Brighton (h) 13 May65%Everton (a) 13 May68%
Potential CL semi-final 16/17 May
Nottingham Forest (a) 20 May58%Chelsea (h) 20 May70%
Wolves (h) 28 May75%Brentford (a) 28 May62%
West Ham (h) TBC82%
Brighton (a) TBC55%
Potential FA Cup final 3 June
Potential CL final 10 June

Synical

Miss Superstitious

@gkoat that "win chance" of 44% for West Ham (a) is taking the piss :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Madness! In previous seasons it was always a fixture I thought could go either way and would usually be high-scoring, but this year? What are they smoking?!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@Synical

We have an incredible record vs West Ham, especially a Moyes managed West Ham. I honestly can't grasp how they've come up with 44% lol

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If i had to i would say we are almost 2 to 1 favorites to win it. That still means we can easily botch it. City has a lot more fixtures and is not as deep as they have been in the past and it is world cup year. They have also been insanely fortunate with injuries. But they are the better more experienced side, they just haven’t quite dominated the way they can and a lot is being asked of them from here on out because of multi competitions. It is a good sign we are overwhelming teams we should. If we get 4 but preferably 5 or 6 points from the 3 tough road fixtures at Anfield, Newcastle and City; then we canter to the thing. We aren’t favorites in any of those three but for this team considering City’s fixtures surrounding that match all three are winnable.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We got to remember a lot of weaker sides will be hurt, tired, in dissension; with a thinner squad. We bring it like we should against teams we should beat it will require adequate performances against big 3 road fixtures and it will be easy in that rosy but plausible scenario. We just got to take some points where pundits think we can’t but I believe we can

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I must admit I'm worried about Anfield

The last time we went there in the PL they beat us 4-0 but this was our line-up...

Screenshot_20230320-203251.png

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Having said that we couldn't score against them at our place either. And what's with the red cards? 🙈🤣 So we've broken that barrier with our 3-2 win against them this season. And we have Mr Trossard who scored a hat-trick at Anfield 😍

Screenshot_20230320-203920.png

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I must admit I'm worried about Anfield

The last time we went there in the PL they beat us 4-0 but this was our line-up...

Thing is they’ve lost their best player in Sadio Mane as he was the one I used to fear the most in their team + our spine will be completely different with Saliba for White, Xhaka in for Lokonga, Ode for Laca and hopefully Jesus/Trossard for Auba.

Hard to draw any similarities based on that performance.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Thing is they’ve lost their best player in Sadio Mane as he was the one I used to fear the most in their team + our spine will be completely different with Saliba for White, Xhaka in for Lokonga, Ode for Laca and hopefully Jesus/Trossard for Auba.

Hard to draw any similarities based on that performance.
Arteta seems intimidated by Anfield going by the All Or Nothing documentary. Hopefully he's got over that.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Newcastle away will be tricky. They really frustrated us when they came to the Emirates. But I think we've learnt how to handle teams that just turn up to park the bus. Fingers crossed we can get something there.

Out of Anfield, St James' Park and the Etihad I actually feel best about the Etihad. Am I deluded?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Newcastle away will be tricky. They really frustrated us when they came to the Emirates. But I think we've learnt how to handle teams that just turn up to park the bus. Fingers crossed we can get something there.

Out of Anfield, St James' Park and the Etihad I actually feel best about the Etihad. Am I deluded?

Newcastle defensively aren't the same when we faced them at the Carpet. They were at the peak of their powers in defense, they're letting in more goals comparatively and they'll have to go for it with Top 4 on the line. Not worried about that one compared to Anfield and Etihad.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul

About Newcastle, they're not going to park the bus at home so should be an open game.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom