• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The quotes from the Norwegian camp make it hard for me to believe it's not a real injury or has some degree of seriousness.

"Erling took it hard when he realised that he could not fight for the team," said Norway coach Stale Solbakken.

Norway national team doctor Ola Sand added: "After doing tests and examinations yesterday it became clear that he will not make it for the games against Spain and Georgia. It is better that he receives medical follow-up at his club."

If it's clear to them he won't be back for the Georgia match it's not unreasonable to think he might miss the Liverpool match also.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He'll rack up stats but I don't think he has improved city in short term tbh. But he may improve them in long term who knows?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The quotes from the Norwegian camp make it hard for me to believe it's not a real injury or has some degree of seriousness.

If it's clear to them he won't be back for the Georgia match it's not unreasonable to think he might miss the Liverpool match also.

Yeah he’s not just skipping two friendlies.

He’s missing big qualifiers for them against Spain and Krava. It hurts his brand if he doesn’t get to a big international tournament.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah he’s not just skipping two friendlies.

He’s missing big qualifiers for them against Spain and Krava. It hurts his brand if he doesn’t get to a big international tournament.
Norway only lost out to Turkey for a World Cup Play-off bid because of the few games in the group where he was out with an injury, so there's already an experience of that sort in his track record.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Norway only lost out to Turkey for a World Cup Play-off bid because of the few games in the group where he was out with an injury, so there's already an experience of that sort in his track record.
Haaland is overrated. Norway won because they are better without him just like City who has gained less pts than previous years.

Haaland isn't it boys.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Haaland is overrated. Norway won because they are better without him just like City who has gained less pts than previous years.

Haaland isn't it boys.
I wouldn't say Haaland is overrated. He is a beast But any team that builds its entire strategy around one player is bound to perform worse in the long run compared to a team that is well balanced.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

No disrespect to them but the whole Norway side should be geared to getting the best out of Haaland and Ødegaard.

It's not like Man City where you've got great players in every position. Most of their side are journeymen / solid pro types.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No disrespect to them but the whole Norway side should be geared to getting the best out of Haaland and Ødegaard.

It's not like Man City where you've got great players in every position. Most of their side are journeymen / solid pro types.
In reality, it is more or less the only good players we have. Though, that is a bit unfair on Mo Elyounoussi. Against Spain, we'll have a CB pairing in Strandberg and Østigård. Strandberg is way past it, and Østigård can't get a game for Napoli. It will be carnage.

When you add in that the Norwegian league hasn't started yet...it will not be pretty.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

In reality, it is more or less the only good players we have. Though, that is a bit unfair on Mo Elyounoussi. Against Spain, we'll have a CB pairing in Strandberg and Østigård. Strandberg is way past it, and Østigård can't get a game for Napoli. It will be carnage.

When you add in that the Norwegian league hasn't started yet...it will not be pretty.

I think the Wales model is the one to go down. If you take Bale and Ramsey out of their side over the past 6-8 years I doubt they had a much better side than Norway have now, without Haaland and Ødegaard. Wales were nothing special at all.

If you can make the rest of the side just functional and hard to beat you should be qualifying for WC's and maybe get to the knock out stages of the Euro's, in my opinion.

Buhry

Established Member

Haaland isn't it boys.

You are on drugs. He's scored like 20 goals in his first 21 national games or something. We are waayyy better off with him in the team. You think Norway's reserve strikers are Gabriel Jesus tier at linking up or something? I assure you they are not. They are worse than Haaland at everything.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Get big John Carew out of retirement when he's out of jail :lol:
He's too busy working on his acting career:

olsenbanden-siste-skrik.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom