• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

View attachment 10533

This was the poll before we’ve given the option to change votes after Brentford/City 🍿 wonder how much of a difference that result makes
Two new disbelievers.

giphy.gif

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Really impressed with the work done this season. I initially predicted a third placed finish at the beginning, but this is just spectacular.

Some do say that had Liverpool been at their best, we would have been lower down (third). But our performances indicate we’d be in the same place, give or take a point or two.

This is City and Liverpool 100 points form. Unbelievable stuff.

Melquiades

Really impressed with the work done this season. I initially predicted a third placed finish at the beginning, but this is just spectacular.

Some do say that had Liverpool been at their best, we would have been lower down (third). But our performances indicate we’d be in the same place, give or take a point or two.

This is City and Liverpool 100 points form. Unbelievable stuff.

Our points total is pretty much guaranteed to blow away teams like the ‘89 and ‘98 league winners.

It’s just such a different world in the City/Chelsea era. Liverpool should have won the league like 4 times based on being the best team-to-$ ratio but they won it once because City is such a ridiculous situation.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Devils Advocate: The schedule after the World Cup is going to be beyond insane. You cant run Saka and Martinelli into the ground and our entire team runs through Mr Glass in midfield. 100 pts my a$$ :cool:

The current win rate of this team is phenomenal and must be so hard to maintain at this level of professional sport. Very proud of Arteta and the boys. New signings + Saliba + purging of players who were “non process believers” + a very un-Arsenal like injury record has helped to create a perfect storm for us. Long may it continue.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Feels like we’re dreaming but long way to go still. Important to note that we have played 8 games away from home already, unlike city who have played 6 away games (and dropped points in 3 of them).

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Southampton stings because we should've killed that game off and if Martinelli's opener wasn't ruled out -- I think the Utd result is different. Absolutely insane to be where we're at this stage. We also don't have a ton of WC participants which may help on the run in back.
Exactly we should be 100%

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

January is a terrible time to bring in top quality players; they are either impossible to get or you have to pay massive overs, even on the continent. Only possibilities are when a player is not fitting into a club and the club needs to get rid of them or they are running down their contract. For instance, can't see us getting a player of Toney's profile in January. Murdryk is probably available but he is going to be overpriced by Shaktar and although talented, its a big if that he will hit the ground running like we need to challenge.
Not saying that it’s easy. Just that we shouldn’t go for an in-between route. You’re on to it with the comment about Mudryk. If we can’t get someone we know will help us to challenge City I’d rather save those transfers and squad spots for the summer.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Feels like we’re dreaming but long way to go still. Important to note that we have played 8 games away from home already, unlike city who have played 6 away games (and dropped points in 3 of them).
This fact coupled with the fact we've played more big 6 teams than City means I think a lot of people here and in the media are actually underrating us. We've had a tougher fixture list than City and yet we are 5 points clear of them. That's actually huge.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's hard to know but this break could go two ways it could kill our momentum or it could be that gap we needed that takes us to January pretty much so we can reinforce. Part of me wants us to have a game next week so we can keep things rolling and the worry is now 6 weeks or whatever could slow us down a bit and our rhythm might be gone by the time we're back. Back when we were struggling against Leeds and drew vs Southampton we were looking at the break as an opportunity, now all of a sudden we've won three games in a row. We're gonna need to be ready when the West Ham game comes.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Not saying that it’s easy. Just that we shouldn’t go for an in-between route. You’re on to it with the comment about Mudryk. If we can’t get someone we know will help us to challenge City I’d rather save those transfers and squad spots for the summer.
Yeah, we're stuck between a rock & a hard place aren't we...

January is not usually the window to sign your main targets, but more opportunistic signings.

However, we recognise the shortcomings in the squad & having a couple more players in vital areas would really help us.

But who? It's why the Danilo & Mudryk situations make most sense. Theres absolutely zero chance of getting Tielemans in January, & same for Zaha.

I think also the Facundo Torres rumour is one to keep an eye on after the WC.

The WC might showcase a few other talents, which could spark a bit of transfer activity. Let's see...

razörist

Yeah, we're stuck between a rock & a hard place aren't we...

January is not usually the window to sign your main targets, but more opportunistic signings.

However, we recognise the shortcomings in the squad & having a couple more players in vital areas would really help us.

But who? It's why the Danilo & Mudryk situations make most sense. Theres absolutely zero chance of getting Tielemans in January, & same for Zaha.

I think also the Facundo Torres rumour is one to keep an eye on after the WC.

The WC might showcase a few other talents, which could spark a bit of transfer activity. Let's see...
Well Liverpool signed Van Dijk and Suarez in the winter window, United signed Bruno, we signed Auba. Its possible.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
It's hard to know but this break could go two ways it could kill our momentum or it could be that gap we needed that takes us to January pretty much so we can reinforce. Part of me wants us to have a game next week so we can keep things rolling and the worry is now 6 weeks or whatever could slow us down a bit and our rhythm might be gone by the time we're back. Back when we were struggling against Leeds and drew vs Southampton we were looking at the break as an opportunity, now all of a sudden we've won three games in a row. We're gonna need to be ready when the West Ham game comes.
I was thinking this too. Cant beat momentum & that winning habit.

Let's look at it as an opportunity. I know Arteta & all the players will be saying 'game by game', but they must also be thinking to themselves "there's a chance here", & that must be so motivating.

I think they will be right back on the gas once we return.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Well Liverpool signed Van Dijk and Suarez in the winter window, United signed Bruno, we signed Auba. Its possible.
Liverpool paid 75m to get VVD in Jan. Suarez they were buying from Holland which should never be a problem. Bruno again cost 60+m and while he was brilliant his first 6 months, has failed to replicate that. Auba fell out with Dortmund and hence got his move.

You can get players but you have to significant overpay and you need the player to push for the move.

Gakpo is gettable in January I'd say, but instead of maybe costing 30m we may have to go to 40m. Mudryk could also be available at 50-60m. Maybe there's one or two player in Italy that could be loaned or something. It's just hard to sign that real star quality.

The perfect situation is having the summer list of targets in place now and seeing which of those players can we get in Jan. And how much do we need to overpay. 20-30% get it done.

razörist

Liverpool paid 75m to get VVD in Jan. Suarez they were buying from Holland which should never be a problem. Bruno again cost 60+m and while he was brilliant his first 6 months, has failed to replicate that. Auba fell out with Dortmund and hence got his move.

You can get players but you have to significant overpay and you need the player to push for the move.

Gakpo is gettable in January I'd say, but instead of maybe costing 30m we may have to go to 40m. Mudryk could also be available at 50-60m. Maybe there's one or two player in Italy that could be loaned or something. It's just hard to sign that real star quality.

The perfect situation is having the summer list of targets in place now and seeing which of those players can we get in Jan. And how much do we need to overpay. 20-30% get it done.
None of the players I mentioned were overpaid for. All shown their worth, instantly. I get what your saying but sadly my examples are too good.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
None of the players I mentioned were overpaid for. All shown their worth, instantly. I get what your saying but sadly my examples are too good.
Hindsight shows they weren't. But at the time 75m for a Soton defender as good as he was in my opinion was overpaid for.

Bruno likewise 60+m at the time looked abit steep. It looked a bargain after 6 months though.

It's abit like Ben White and Ramsdale. Most people here said we overpaid for them. But most would agree after seeing them we didn't.

I don't disagree with your point that there aren't good players available. It's just it is more complicated to get them in January.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

This vid will either be amazing when we win it, or a little funny if we don't...

...either way it's 🔥

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Even if we just go at 2PPG from here we’ll finish on 85pts, that probably won’t be enough but City have hardly been immense recently.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Still early doors and so much left to do, but would love to see us hit 90 points this season if we can.

Think that would represent a remarkable improvement from last season, even if we end up trophyless.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom