• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2022/23

Do you believe we can win the Premier League?

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Still early doors and so much left to do, but would love to see us hit 90 points this season if we can.

Think that would represent a remarkable improvement from last season, even if we end up trophyless.
I said this somewhere else but imagine sitting in April in and around top of the league, in maybe Semi final of EL, maybe still in FA cup and knowing that top 4 was completely wrapped up (I think it is already). No desperation just enjoyment and excitement.

Win the league this season and we call Dortmund and offer them 100m for Bellingham. Probably still wouldn't get him but that would be the serious business starting.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Still early doors and so much left to do, but would love to see us hit 90 points this season if we can.

Think that would represent a remarkable improvement from last season, even if we end up trophyless.

90 points would equal the best points tally under Wenger.

That would be an incredible achievement.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's up to the board now, simple as that...as of right now, we don't have the squad to win the Premier League, we need some top signings in January.

Instead of sacking Mikel after the 8th place finish in 2021, they committed to his and Edu's plan of progress... "2022 back in the top 6, 2023 back in the top 4, etc" ...and they committed to building a squad to do that.

Last season we constructed a squad that was small (but fine since we weren't in Europe at all) but was good enough to get us back in the Europa and stop the poor league performances of the last few seasons.

The players even overperformed and would have got Champions League already if the board backed them in Jan, but they didn't as they were happy with the initial targets...why Mikel got his new contract after Top 6 was secured last season, despite Top 4 still to play for...it was part of the long term plan.

This year they have backed the manager with a squad that is good enough to get Top 4, while also playing Europa League football...which gives us a slight advantage over some of our rivals, as playing in the Europa group stage is easier than the Champions League, so we have been able to keep many of our best players fresh for the league...but that advantage is kinda over now, with the knockout round and FA cup starting too.

Unless Mikel will completely write off the other two comps and play complete reserve teams in them to focus on the league (something I don't think he will do) we will end up getting more injuries in the second part of the season, it's inevitable with Arsenal!

I don't want to sound like I am counting my chickens before they hatch, but I think we are 100% secure in getting Champions League already, even if we don't sign anyone in January...this current team will fall away from City with no reinforcements, but there aren't 3 other better teams that can catch us now, not with the advantage we have already built up too.

And that's when it comes back to the board, tbh.

Will they go that one step further this window compared to the last January, will they still just he thinking that the plan is working and Top 4 is still enough this season, is there enough will to finish 1st in them?

Guess we will see...as the squad we have after the next transfer window, will show me if we have what it takes to beat City to the title.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I will wait for the games vs Newcastle, Sp**s and United between January 3rd and 21th. If we survive this with at least 6 points, we really can start to believe.

Ind0Gunnerz

I will wait for the games vs Newcastle, Sp**s and United between January 3rd and 21th. If we survive this with at least 6 points, we really can start to believe.

Yeah, our fixtures from after the world cup until end of January are quiet brutal. If we can pass those tests, that's when I'll start to believe. . Especially as our fixtures becomes easier in Feb-March.

This worldcup is just a wildcard. I'm just worried some of our key players will have some heartbreak during the tournament. . For example, cases like Saka where a player misses a crucial penalty or chance in key moments may need some time to recover.

I'm more worried if some of our players reaches the final and lost there. There is no way they will be ready when EPL starts rolling again on 27 December.

I just hope that our players that are not going to the world cup can keep the momentum

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Yeah, our fixtures from after the world cup until end of January are quiet brutal. If we can pass those tests, that's when I'll start to believe. . Especially as our fixtures becomes easier in Feb-March.

This worldcup is just a wildcard. I'm just worried some of our key players will have some heartbreak during the tournament. . For example, cases like Saka where a player misses a crucial penalty or chance in key moments may need some time to recover.

I'm more worried if some of our players reaches the final and lost there. There is no way they will be ready when EPL starts rolling again on 27 December.

I just hope that our players that are not going to the world cup can keep the momentum
I think our young squad gives us an advantage in that I think they'll have an easier time shrugging off any potential heartbreak, add to that the type of player profile Mikel recruits as well. Saka I especially wouldn't worry about he came back after missing the deciding penalty at the Euros to have his best ever season, lads a mentality monster.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

United again finding a way to get 3 points despite being ****. Them nor Sp**s have been overly punished for being crap all season.
Really annoying to see. They’re both so jammy and have really been riding their luck lately

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Really annoying to see. They’re both so jammy and have really been riding their luck lately
Yeah but I view it another way. They have been winning matches being absolutely shocking. When that form does actually improve it could make things difficult. It should impact us too much but they are still there. Like an itch that won't go away. Just lose or draw and be about 7th-8th in the league.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It's not impossible to win the title, but I don't see it happening for reasons regurgitated a million times.

In the summer I saw anything from 4th to 6th, but now looking at Arsenal and the rest of the league, anywhere from 2nd to 4th.

I think in the back of some of our minds we are all expecting Liverpool and City to eventually put together an unbeaten run. Well, I do anyways.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

It's not impossible to win the title, but I don't see it happening for reasons regurgitated a million times.

In the summer I saw anything from 4th to 6th, but now looking at Arsenal and the rest of the league, anywhere from 2nd to 4th.

I think in the back of some of our minds we are all expecting Liverpool and City to eventually put together an unbeaten run. Well, I do anyways.
I think we have a big enough gap from Liverpool, I reckon we finish 2nd.

The main worry I have is the same as when the season started. We have been on an amazing run, but injuries to the wrong players and our quality drops drastically.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I mean I do see a scenario where something goes wrong at City, if KdB got a bad injury at the World Cup for example. Liverpool aren’t putting up a run like that I think you need 100% belief for that and the players just don’t quite have it this season.

I reckon the title is 50-60% city’s, maybe 30-40% ours and the rest either Newcastle or spuds. We’re in a title race that’s for sure, we should go for it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I mean I do see a scenario where something goes wrong at City, if KdB got a bad injury at the World Cup for example. Liverpool aren’t putting up a run like that I think you need 100% belief for that and the players just don’t quite have it this season.

I reckon the title is 50-60% city’s, maybe 30-40% ours and the rest either Newcastle or spuds. We’re in a title race that’s for sure, we should go for it.

City whoever gets injured, the reality is they've already won a league without them before most likely.

Liverpool, I can't recall them ever starting this bad but they've had slow starts and you'd think they've had their injury crisis now. They've actually gone roughly half a season more or less unbeaten and we've seen this team minus Jesus and Saliba give up a substantial lead as well.

CL looks like it's in the bag which is the main thing.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's up to the board now, simple as that...as of right now, we don't have the squad to win the Premier League, we need some top signings in January.

Instead of sacking Mikel after the 8th place finish in 2021, they committed to his and Edu's plan of progress... "2022 back in the top 6, 2023 back in the top 4, etc" ...and they committed to building a squad to do that.

Last season we constructed a squad that was small (but fine since we weren't in Europe at all) but was good enough to get us back in the Europa and stop the poor league performances of the last few seasons.

The players even overperformed and would have got Champions League already if the board backed them in Jan, but they didn't as they were happy with the initial targets...why Mikel got his new contract after Top 6 was secured last season, despite Top 4 still to play for...it was part of the long term plan.

This year they have backed the manager with a squad that is good enough to get Top 4, while also playing Europa League football...which gives us a slight advantage over some of our rivals, as playing in the Europa group stage is easier than the Champions League, so we have been able to keep many of our best players fresh for the league...but that advantage is kinda over now, with the knockout round and FA cup starting too.

Unless Mikel will completely write off the other two comps and play complete reserve teams in them to focus on the league (something I don't think he will do) we will end up getting more injuries in the second part of the season, it's inevitable with Arsenal!

I don't want to sound like I am counting my chickens before they hatch, but I think we are 100% secure in getting Champions League already, even if we don't sign anyone in January...this current team will fall away from City with no reinforcements, but there aren't 3 other better teams that can catch us now, not with the advantage we have already built up too.

And that's when it comes back to the board, tbh.

Will they go that one step further this window compared to the last January, will they still just he thinking that the plan is working and Top 4 is still enough this season, is there enough will to finish 1st in them?

Guess we will see...as the squad we have after the next transfer window, will show me if we have what it takes to beat City to the title.
Tldr.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
City whoever gets injured, the reality is they've already won a league without them before most likely.

Liverpool, I can't recall them ever starting this bad but they've had slow starts and you'd think they've had their injury crisis now. They've actually gone roughly half a season more or less unbeaten and we've seen this team minus Jesus and Saliba give up a substantial lead as well.

CL looks like it's in the bag which is the main thing.
There's no way Liverpool challenges for the title this season. They're weaker and their peak has passed. I don't see them going on those ridiculous 16+ game winning run they typically go on. City have been very iffy this season. They've been extremely reliant on individual brilliance (especially KDB's).

If we get 90 points, I reckon we win. That being said, they might go on their trademark 18 game winning run (which I don't see us matching) and romp to the title. If we take points of them our game against them, things will start to look interesting.

But one thing is certain, regardless what happens, we are finishing top four. Which is more than a lot of us expected before this season started.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom