• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham | Thursday 28th December| KO: 20:15 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-West-Ham.jpg

Screenshot-20231223-223058.png

Screenshot-20231223-223116.png

Screenshot-20231223-223130.png

Screenshot-20231223-223159.png

Screenshot-20231223-223216.png

Screenshot-20231223-223234.png

Screenshot-20231223-223306.png

lineup-1.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
A sickener of a loss but still think West Ham played near enough the perfect game last night. We needed to play to a high level but unfortunately we weren't on it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
77 touches in the opposition box - the most of any EPL team without scoring for 15 years

Curse of Xhaka?
Missing best player Havertz?
Guaranteed 6 points for West Ham as a secret clause of the Rice deal? (most likely)

HighburyHigh

77 touches in the opposition box - the most of any EPL team without scoring for 15 years

Curse of Xhaka?
Missing best player Havertz?
Guaranteed 6 points for West Ham as a secret clause of the Rice deal? (most likely)
Touches mean **** all when there's no end product! The late Wenger teams were also guilty of this trait. Tippy tappy no end product rubbish. I'd rather 10 touches in the box with 2-3 goals from it with ruthless finishing with a decent attack, than 77 touches with nothing to show for it with a blunt butter knife for attack!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Touches mean **** all when there's no end product! The late Wenger teams were also guilty of this trait. Tippy tappy no end product rubbish. I'd rather 10 touches in the box with 2-3 goals from it with ruthless finishing with a decent attack, than 77 touches with nothing to show for it with a blunt butter knife for attack!
It just shows how deep West Ham defended. They literally parked the fattest bus they could park. Not even potshots from distance would've helped. The few times we did carve them up we fluffed our lines.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Desperately disappointed but in some senses we were unlucky and I’d rather lose now than in the run in. Even Johnny Depp, who is legally blind in one eye could tell you we need a selfish hitman up front.

I’m one of the few who voted 3rd in the race for the title thread anyway :)

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Atmosphere at the Emirates was atrocious btw. Didn’t even feel like a home game.
I mentioned last night there were lots of regulars around me - and I assume the wider ground - away for the holidays, so a lot of tourists and I agree a poor atmosphere by recent standards. Not assisted by the frustrating foootball we played.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m one of the few who voted 3rd in the race for the title thread anyway :)
You and me both. But were only half way through the race. And maybe the ‘run in’ might be different this year if we’re behind the curve instead of in front.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
@Farzad didn't announce being at the Emirates tonight, it could have been @Red London though
Yep went to the game but thankfully was seated nowhere near a Ted Lasso figure, I think that woulda been it for me.

I did have a guy near me shouting at everyone who went for an early beer or toilet telling them ‘dont bother coming back’ 😂 was quite entertaining although I felt for people with a weak bladder in this scenario lol.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If you have a 2.68xG with 30 shots, it shows how poor your chances were. An xG can be 1 with only 1 shot if it's a tap in on the goal line. A higher xG doesn't mean you played well. Their xG was 1.5 with only 6 shots, so they carved out much better chances. They defended better and attacked better. All our great work had no end product at either end.
Don't forget most of their xg was their pen

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Yep went to the game but thankfully was seated nowhere near a Ted Lasso figure, I think that woulda been it for me.

I did have a guy near me shouting at everyone who went for an early beer or toilet telling them ‘dont bother coming back’ 😂 was quite entertaining although I felt for people with a weak bladder in this scenario lol.

Probably @albino trying to get a mob in support of his son going but found little enthusiasm from supporters so decided to lash out.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't forget most of their xg was their pen
Yeah, a pen is about 0.7xG. Their first goal was in close so probably made up much of the rest. Their second goal was probably a low xG as there was so many people jumping up in that ruck from the corner.

ptrcopp

In hindsight we may have been better off with Trossard/Nelson LW and Jorginho/ESR in midfield. Because Gabi and Trossard really were terrible.

It always happens when Trossard is in midfield that he ends up occupying the same spaces as Nelli and Gabi. If I can see it surely the coaching team can?

I’d much rather see ESR in there. He knows the position far better, and is far more capable of making forward runs into the space vacated by Jesus than Trossard seems to be.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can't believe we let Mavro steal Rice's thunder here, some nothing player who barely played for us from when we weren't even good...what even was this!

Imagine if we signed Sol Campbell back in the day, we also sold Sp**s one of our lesser players like Matthew Upson or something...then in our first league match against them when we should be making a statement we lost 1-0, with Sol playing poorly and Upson scoring the winner after pocketing Henry and Bergkamp ffs.

This should be a match we show we can really win the title, embarrassing result and performance 😡

slowing the game down is our new strategy. Reduces the errors and xGA but at the expense of our attack.

I agree and think it has served us very well this season even with attackers not being on it like last season but I feel like we have to do something else when we are two goals under. I think even if we played slowly yesterday the problem was more a combination of being slow but also lacking sharpness in key moments in many of our attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom