• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Arsenal vs AFC Bournemouth | 09/09/2017 | 15:00 BST

What will be the result against Bournemouth?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The aim was always to keep him. Wenger made no secret of that. However a late £60M bid changes everything. We also did try and replace him, when that fell through we pulled out, what were we supposed to do? Sell him anyway and just get on with it?

The advantage we have is the kind of guy Alexis is. I don't doubt for a second he'll continue to give his all in an Arsenal shirt. When taking that into consideration, it made perfect sense to keep him.

Alexis now knows the longest he'll be here is another season, assuming he decides not to extend. He could even get a move in January. Like I said before, he should be happy he remains at a bigger club :).
My issue with the whole thing is that we should've seen a late bid coming from a mile away. And if we had intentions of entertaining late bids in the first place we should've done more to push the Lemar deal through. Making a last minute 92million pound bid and then backing out because 'there was insufficient time' is extremely amateurish.

StatLad

My issue with the whole thing is that we should've seen a late bid coming from a mile away. And if we had intentions of entertaining late bids in the first place we should've done more to push the Lemar deal through. Making a last minute 92million pound bid and then backing out because 'there was insufficient time' is extremely amateurish.
I feel that it was an attempt by the club to show that we 'tried' to sign big players and were willing to spend big money, but 'unfortunately' there wasn't enough time to get the deal across the line. We only seem to make large bids if there's no chance we'll get the player--we only bid big for Mbappé because Real Madrid had bid bigger and there was no vhance we'd be able to sign him in that case, and only bid big for Lemar because there was no time left to get him. Otherwise, the club wouldn't have been messing around at the 60M mark for Lemar months ago if they were actually prepared to pay 90M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom