• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PRO EVO 5

Spartan

played it last night on the xbox pre-release.

i'm very impressed,even more realistic...passings harder so you cant just ping it about by pressing the pass button. if you hold it down it goes longer.

slide tackling has improved alot. not so many fouls. the nudge foul gives away more fouls so you gotta be careful and not just button bash. defenders can push strikers off theball to win a header and you can also chest it down.

the injuries have changed. if someone gets injured 1st half but can carry on, 2nd half they might not be able to carry on and you gotta sub them. also, the ref stopped play coz a player was down, ended up being a drop ball...all these nice touches make it the best football game around without doubt.

thats all ive noticed up to know...cant wait till its released on the PS2. :)

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I'm not sure about pro evo this year. I've been a pro evo aficionado since the iss series, but I haven't heard much positive feedback from japan on winning eleven 9. Sounds like they haven't improved many of the features, and stuck with the dated master league format.

Every year konami manage to simultaneously improve some aspects and ruin aspects of the game which were fine in the previous installment.

One question though Spartan, do the players still constantly pass with outside of the foot like they do in pro evo 4? Because seeing the likes of Sol Campbell spraying passes about ala Veron just looks rubbish and unrealistic.

Spartan

i havent noticed that to be honest with u gazza...the short passing is a lot harder this year. u cant just tap the button and play 1 touch football. sometimes passes will go way off if your not facing the way you wanna pass

scored a blinder last night with pires edge of the box, at an angle towards the left. he hit it with the outside of his right and it curled into the top right corner...loved it!!

Aussie

Established Member
Cant wait for it to come out on PS2. I think Arsenal are one the few English clubs to have proper kits and stuff. Is this true?

Spartan

yeah Arsenal and chelscum are the only 2 licenced EPL teams

another little thing i notcied last night is when a player gets injured and stays down. if the ball doesnt go out of play the ref will stop play for treatment and then theres a drop ball...nice lil touch :)

Aussie

Established Member
Cheers.

The game has amazing gameplay and I assume it will only get better with the new one and as you say its those little touches which just take it that next level.

Lukazan

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:
One question though Spartan, do the players still constantly pass with outside of the foot like they do in pro evo 4? Because seeing the likes of Sol Campbell spraying passes about ala Veron just looks rubbish and unrealistic.

Nope, it's been cut down loads.. infact I've only seen a handful so far and I've had it ages.

It really is a brilliant game, so much better than Fifa.

seb_afc

Established Member
judging by the demo is looks wicked. much more realistic, like players some players shirts hang out, others dont whilst fouls are much more realistic. Top Class game if only they could improve the commentary..

mccroix

to be honest i didn't really like the demo much, but i played fifa and it sucks!
last season, for the first time i chose pro evo and this season i've pre ordered it 3 weeks before the release :D

so tomorrow is he day....YEEHAA

nazo

Established Member
makaveli tha don said:
to be honest i didn't really like the demo much, but i played fifa and it sucks!
last season, for the first time i chose pro evo and this season i've pre ordered it 3 weeks before the release :D

and where do you live??

Tegh

Established Member
I'm going to try and get it on PS2 today, a day early. Wish me luck!

I'm getting it on PC as soon as it's out too, wahey!

mccroix

bluenaz said:
makaveli tha don said:

and where do you live??

i live in germany....and it came this morning...:D

well you really have to get used to it, i think

waiting for the memorycard updates on ebay 'cause the englsh league and german really suck without the orignial kits and so on

kel varnsen

Established Member
playing it right now. a bit disappointing really. the players all look like bambi on ice; very shaky and slow...

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom