• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PRO EVO 5

brianfrance

Established Member
I will buy it tomorrow...I expect a lot from it

I hope my mates wont be able to score that ****ing free kick just outside the box with a little press on the long pass button...it was really annoying and unrealistic. Also about the free fick, I hope that scoring a cracker from 30 yards with henry's left foot( !!) will be impossible. Unrealistic as well :roll: I also hope the keeper to be better on the ball, sometimes you made a back pass to him, and the poor guy miscontrolled and sent the ball 10 yards away :|

One thing I would love to see in the game but I wont unfortunately, is THAT trick you could do in the FIFA 94, the first ever. Will the ball at his feet, the player could jongle and instantly do an awesome overhead volley!! It was awesome!! I'm so nostalgic of the nes, megadrive, master system etc.. :cry:

Tegh

Established Member
Er, you can do the ''Flip Flap - Ronaldinho'' trick, with certain players, or, said player.

It's meant to be more realistic, and if you get a max drive you can get the proper kits and player names etc by downloading an option file. I don't really care about that, the gameplay is so damn good compared to FIFA. I can't wait.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
playing it right now. a bit disappointing really. the players all look like bambi on ice; very shaky and slow...

How can you be playing and typing at the same time? You really are Yoda, aren't you? :lol:

Annnnnyway, I remember thinking the same about 4 until I got used to it, so I guess it's wise to give it some time..

kel varnsen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
kel varnsen said:
playing it right now. a bit disappointing really. the players all look like bambi on ice; very shaky and slow...

How can you be playing and typing at the same time? You really are Yoda, aren't you? :lol:

Annnnnyway, I remember thinking the same about 4 until I got used to it, so I guess it's wise to give it some time..

multi tasking...

but yeah, pes4 was a bit of a disappointment as well at first. took some time to get used to. hopefully it's the same with pes5...

Tegh

Established Member
The dribbling is so much different, it's nigh on impossible to dribble compared to previous versions. I always play as Arsenal, and in PES4 i'd pass a free kick outside the opposition area which would find Campbell. He'd then take about a year to turn around and get a shot away, now they all turn like this. It's fun though, and different, so I'm all for it.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Had a play last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. But that's because I beat my mate every time we played. Much harder work, but much more satisfying I feel. Freddie, Robin, Thierry and Jose all bagged some nice goals for me.

Eastrek

I been playing it all weekend, i have noticed that when your playing there is no crowd, just empty seats, but when you watch the replay the stadium is packed out!

Love the fact players can be booked after the advantage has been played, nice touch.

Tegh

Established Member
Eastrek said:
I been playing it all weekend, i have noticed that when your playing there is no crowd, just empty seats, but when you watch the replay the stadium is packed out!

Love the fact players can be booked after the advantage has been played, nice touch.

It's to prevent slow down, but it's only on the one camera that there's no crowd. For some reason, the crowd is visible on every other camera show but that one.

My little brother beat me again, he is like Chelsea, luck, luck, luck.

No matter how hard I try, he usually pulls a goal back, and then it goes to penalties. I took the lead 3-1, then he guessed right and then I hit the bar, even though I didn't hold up on the d-pad. So fuc!<ing frustrating.

He won 15-10 on games in total, and now I really have to pull my finger out. He never gets booked for fouls, even if he's the last man and he brings my striker through on goal.

I've never had problems shooting before, but now I can't shoot for sh!t, and I seem to have contracted Arsenalitis. I get near the opposition box, and I have to pass it around to get a goal scoring chance, none of the Arsenal players seem to be able to shoot for sh!t. He always plays Brazil, Adriano is by far the best striker on the game, he makes Henry look like Francis Jeffers, it's a damn joke.

I am so pissed, ARGH! I outplay him, out defend him, but he always gets a lucky goal.

dafish

lol thats how i was like until i got use to it on PES4

its not on sale in Canada so I'm downloading it until it gets released.

mccroix

i've got a question

remember during a free kick at pes4 you were able to pass the ball to a second player you could call over with "select". he would stop it and you could shoot.
that used o happen by pressing R3....

i know, now you call a second player by pressing L2, but how do you pass it to him?? :?

James

Established Member
Another improvement from PES4.

Fantastic game. Some of the features are amazing. Vieira once pulled up with a hammy running down the left wing :lol:

nazo

Established Member
hell ya :p
but did anyone find out how to make the multiplayer work
it needs a password or something

gotnothin

Great improvements all round from Konami! PES4 rocked although scoreline could get a little ridiculous sometimes. Finding goals very hard to come by in PES 5 but that just adds to the gameplay..

Looks like the missus will be jealous of PES 5 very soon :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom