• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,473,853

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Are you actually serious about wanting this City reject here?

One of the worst defenders I've ever seen. I've no idea how he's weaseled himself into the Lyon team. Haven't watched him for them much but they have conceded similar numbers to us so doubt he's improved much.

Well there's your problem. You haven't watched him for Lyon.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Here are the best center backs, at least from an analytical standpoint, in Ligue 1 over the past 6 months. Take your pick. Actually Malang Sarr kind of stands out as I look over this, but he's awfully young.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-18-at-7-05-05-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-05-18-at-7-09-13-PM.png

benjamin86

Established Member
He's probably been Lyon's most consistently high quality player this season. Man of the match in their home game against Barcelona in the Champions League.
Have you seen much of William Saliba? After he was mentioned in this thread i started reading up on him, he sounds like the type of player we should be looking at.
(He's on your CIES list at No.10 which isnt bad for an 18year old!)

Harz

Lol Jadon Sancho is also a "City reject"

Kevin de Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku and Mo Salah were "Chelsea rejects"

These synthetically-financed teams with buy your way to glory mentalities usually hoard tons of fantastic youngsters only to let them rot away at youth teams. Chelsea used to do this more aggressively, now City does it

Back when Denayer and Van Dijk were both at Celtic, there was a debate as to who was the better defender, and Denayer won the best young player of the year award

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Have you seen much of William Saliba? After he was mentioned in this thread i started reading up on him, he sounds like the type of player we should be looking at.
(He's on your CIES list at No.10 which isnt bad for an 18year old!)

Saw him against Montpelier in the Friday game last week. Looks like a great young talent, but he's only 18. I'd think they'd be looking for someone more around 22 to 27, but if they could swing it he'd be a great pickup.

benjamin86

Established Member
Saw him against Montpelier in the Friday game last week. Looks like a great young talent, but he's only 18. I'd think they'd be looking for someone more around 22 to 27, but if they could swing it he'd be a great pickup.
If he has the right temperament could be used a bit like Guendouzi? At least if he made the mistakes Mustafi makes it's excusable!

(1 of the write up i read compared him to Varane, at which point i was sold)

ChefMan21

I can’t see that happening. Marquinhos is arguably the best defender in Ligue 1 and twice the defender than Umtiti.

It would be wild from PSG to let their best defender leave.
If it's Marquinhos, I reserve the right to go batshit crazy.

HBL

Established Member
I can’t see that happening. Marquinhos is arguably the best defender in Ligue 1 and twice the defender than Umtiti.

It would be wild from PSG to let their best defender leave.
Thiago Silva is their best cb by a mile.

Jae

Looks like Kompany might be available from City. Past his best but would still comfortably be the best CB at our club by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom