• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,471,092

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I know he's pretty unreliable but whatever.

To be fair, he wrote this in Gazzetta dello Sport, a 120-year-old print publication and the most widely read newspaper in Italy (their reporting was instrumental in breaking the 2006 Calcio scandal). The guy may be hit and miss on relaying things on Twitter, but I would have no reason to doubt this. Arsenal scouts players all the time (90 percent of the time we don't know anything about it). I'd be more surprised if they didn't have someone there than if they did. Doesn't mean anything will come of it.

benjamin86

Established Member
To be fair, he wrote this in Gazzetta dello Sport, a 120-year-old print publication and the most widely read newspaper in Italy (their reporting was instrumental in breaking the 2006 Calcio scandal). The guy may be hit and miss on relaying things on Twitter, but I would have no reason to doubt this. Arsenal scouts players all the time (90 percent of the time we don't know anything about it). I'd be more surprised if they didn't have someone there than if they did. Doesn't mean anything will come of it.
This just made me think of.....have you ever seen those lists of scouts attending a match? Are those from scouts requesting tickets or completely made up? (trying to think of an example, might be international games i've seen it at?)

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
This just made me think of.....have you ever seen those lists of scouts attending a match? Are those from scouts requesting tickets or completely made up? (trying to think of an example, might be international games i've seen it at?)

I've not, but I can imagine they can be extensive at times. There's even a Twitter account called Scouts in Attendance that seems to spend its time retweeting tweets about scouts supposedly being at one match or another. Arsenal alone apparently uses hundreds of full-time or (mostly, I assume) part-time scouts around the world. Monchi had (or I suppose again has) a network of over 700 scouts at Sevilla. So sometimes I guess they must be crawling out of the woodwork when there are interesting prospects to be watched.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Like that we are focusing on the French and south American markets, there's some gems in there, hoping we go for the more obvious choices now that wenger is not at the helm, wenger loved a good old gamble, galindo, Campbell, that leftback we signed who went on loan and shagged the clubs presidents daughter forgot his name...

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Nothing will be sorted until after the Europa league. Reality has kicked in and I'm expecting prospects. It's what Emery did best at Valencia and Seville and we do have some very good players at the club.

I'd love some established premier league players such as Chilwell, Maguire, Dacoure and Zaha, but that is over 200m in expenditure. A bigger likelihood is to spend smartly.

We have to be in for the likes of Sessegnon, Fraser and Dunk if they are available in my opinion and add in a few prospects i.e. Martinelli, Saliba and Maurice. I'd be more than okay with that and hope our biggest players kick up a level.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Fraser, ACM, Saliba, Palacios and Hermoso. 5 signings like last year.

Is that Europa League standard or am I being a snob? I feel like we have a big signing in us, considering Rauls comments but can't see where it'd come from. Umtiti maybe? It's a no from me.

Would have to be Zaha/Pepe because of CL but then that's a huge chunk of the budget gone and improving the defence is vital.

If we win Europa we're in for one of the most exciting transfer windows in a long time.

truth_hurts

Is that Europa League standard or am I being a snob? I feel like we have a big signing in us, considering Rauls comments but can't see where it'd come from. Umtiti maybe? It's a no from me.

Would have to be Zaha/Pepe because of CL but then that's a huge chunk of the budget gone and improving the defence is vital.

If we win Europa we're in for one of the most exciting transfer windows in a long time.

It would be nice to have one big signing - whether that is a big money signing (60m plus) or a statement signing (snatching a player from or in front of our rival teams).

Failing that, I'm happy to build around Leno, Bellerin, Torreria, Laca and Auba as our top players, who will improve next season.

Let's play Aubamawang

What happened to that lad we snapped up from non-league reckoning to be the next Cole. Cohen Bramall is it? Thought he'd be knocking on the door by now. If not, just sell and get Tierney in. Not fussed on Sessegnon. Yes he is young and very talented in attack, and he might still improve of course, but his defensive awareness is worse than Kolasinac, who at least has the strength to get the ball back.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Is that Europa League standard or am I being a snob? I feel like we have a big signing in us, considering Rauls comment.

I'd like Zaha but I'd rather we go for Chukwueze, two young fullbacks and maybe sign Buffon for free.

Saliba, Fraser, Chukwueze,Ziyech, Palacios, Hermoso, Buffon and two young fullbacks. More than good enough window.

truth_hurts

We 100% need a defensive leader. Anything else is non-priority - well actually back up keeper as one of ours is retiring next week and 2 appear to be on the move.

That said, the only area where I feel that we are of the required standard is CF and here I am prepared to risk buying a young talent. On paper in Özil and Mkhi we have two of the best no.10s in Europe but realistically neither is doing enough. On paper we can afford to develop a youngster here.

That means starting cb and back up GK are priorities and full backs, wide men and a cm would be nice.

I'd happily spend huge on a cb and supplement the squad with youngsters. If it meant buying Koulibailly or Maguire and supplementing that with 3 or 4 10-15 million signings - I'd be content.

Equally if it's 5 or 6 smart signings, I could get behind that as well. Not a fan of risking it at cb though.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Not even EL level mate. Erdevise stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom