• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,471,247

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

That's a great positive news! I hope we can get 20-25m from him. If I am not mistaken, we bought him for 16m or so

Easily should fetch 30m as an English player with champions league and premier leagues experience, an England cap and player of the year under his belt.

Pretty sure a Newcastle, Villa, Everton or Leicester would pay it.

truth_hurts

I’ll bring Chambers back for a season. Then you’re risking a little drop in value if he doesn’t feature for us.

I think he's decent, but really not what we need. Slow, decent on the ball; not brilliant, not a leader, YOUNG and needs regular games, not a great option at right back. You surely get maximum price for him and invest in a player with world class ability or potential. Chambers will be a good premier league level player - nothing more.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Easily should fetch 30m as an English player with champions league and premier leagues experience, an England cap and player of the year under his belt.

Pretty sure a Newcastle, Villa, Everton or Leicester would pay it.

Be lucky to get about 15m for him. When has arsenal ever got substantial money for players. Clubs come to us generally knowing we want to sell, we have no use for the player and if we don't sell him he will be on loan anyway.

He isn't young anymore in terms of football. 18-19 Is young. 22-23 after 3 or 4 seasons of premier league football isn't young. He should be at a higher level. As said he is a 10th-15th club player.

Get rid and look for better. But if your thinking 30m think again.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Be lucky to get about 15m for him. When has arsenal ever got substantial money for players. Clubs come to us generally knowing we want to sell, we have no use for the player and if we don't sell him he will be on loan anyway.

He isn't young anymore in terms of football. 18-19 Is young. 22-23 after 3 or 4 seasons of premier league football isn't young. He should be at a higher level. As said he is a 10th-15th club player.

Get rid and look for better. But if your thinking 30m think again.

They did get £35 million for Oxlade-Chamberlain. But I agree with your larger point about Arsenal being poor at selling players in the past. However, Gazidis is gone and Sanllehi was known for being quite good in this particular area at Barcelona. So Arsenal may be better at it now.

truth_hurts

Michael Keane cost Everton 30m. Why would Chambers be valued lower when he can play 2 positions and is coming off the back of being player of the season?

It's simple logic being applied. 15m would get you a decent Championship centre back.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
30 million. :lol::lol::rofl:
Someone like Liverpool or Chelsea would get 25+ for Chambers imo

We can defo squeeze 20+ with the right negotiations. There really is no excuse with this one. Hes young, English, always been rated; and he won POTS at a bpl side (even given they got relegated).

We should easily be getting 20-25m for this guy. If you add Mustafi for lets say 15m then thats almost 40m in your pocket for a defender.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Michael Keane cost Everton 30m. Why would Chambers be valued lower when he can play 2 positions and is coming off the back of being player of the season?

It's simple logic being applied. 15m would get you a decent Championship centre back.

Michael Keane is a better player than Chambers that's why. Also Everton where happy to pay big money just to improve their team. They probably didn't want to barter for a couple of million less like we do.

Callum Chambers is the best he will ever be. He hasn't really improved or made a significant difference anywhere he's gone. Obviously the teams he has played for haven't help but he isn't a great player. He's been in and around the premier league about 4 years and hasn't had a stand out season.

Ask yourself why clubs who are always fighting relegation are signing him. You don't see Wolves or Watford or West ham looking him on loan. It's always teams tipped for relegation.

Player of the year for a pathetic team like Fulham means nothing. He isn't good enough for Arsenal and hasn't shown here or on loan any different.

As I said we will be getting around the 15m mark for him. Yes he's English but he isn't anywhere near the England team.

He is a solid mid table player and nothing more and you can find that type of player around Europe for under 10m so why would someone pay 30m just cause he's English and he's played in the league.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Did relatively well last summer though. Pretty well given the circumstances.
Yeh I'd give us 7.5/10 last season given the budget.

But we didnt sign anything near to 9 players, more like 4. I know we have a lot of outgoings but I only see us signing 4-5 players. 2 of them being young ones with potential.

truth_hurts

Michael Keane is a better player than Chambers that's why. Also Everton where happy to pay big money just to improve their team. They probably didn't want to barter for a couple of million less like we do.

Callum Chambers is the best he will ever be. He hasn't really improved or made a significant difference anywhere he's gone. Obviously the teams he has played for haven't help but he isn't a great player. He's been in and around the premier league about 4 years and hasn't had a stand out season.

Ask yourself why clubs who are always fighting relegation are signing him. You don't see Wolves or Watford or West ham looking him on loan. It's always teams tipped for relegation.

Player of the year for a pathetic team like Fulham means nothing. He isn't good enough for Arsenal and hasn't shown here or on loan any different.

As I said we will be getting around the 15m mark for him. Yes he's English but he isn't anywhere near the England team.

He is a solid mid table player and nothing more and you can find that type of player around Europe for under 10m so why would someone pay 30m just cause he's English and he's played in the league.

Too many variables. Is Keane better than Chambers? Possibly, but he isn't as experienced or as young. Why is Chambers always at teams fighting relegation? Because he can definitely start there. He did very well at Boro and clearly has at Fulham. Fulham were tipped to do the best out of the promoted teams and gave him the chance to stay in London.

You're out of your mind if you think Chambers will go for 15m. We have absolutely no reason to sell for that price. I'm interested to kow how much you think the following English CB/DMs are worth. Please answer as I'm interested:

Lewis Dunk
Lascelles
Holding
Keane
Maguire
Dier
Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom