• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,470,389

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Arsenal had a director of football last summer? That's a new one on me.

Could you be confusing director of football with head of recruitment? If so, Arsenal has one of those now (Cagigao, who has been the driving force behind Martinelli, who turned 18 today and thus could be announced at any time).

Yes, Sven Mislintat was our director of football. He was supposed to find players. Raul Sanllehi was supposed to sign the players Mislintat found so he was also a director of football. You can say that both of them was partially directors of football. The head of recruitment has, since Mislintat left, become a powerless position comparable to the position Steve Rowley had under Wenger. Or do you claim that Cagigao have the same amount of power that Mislintat had last summer? The power that the german had will go to Edu but he hasnt arrived yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
According to the James benge Charlton could bring both Nektiah and Amaechi on loan next season

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yes, Sven Mislintat was our director of football. He was supposed to find players. Raul Sanllehi was supposed to sign the players Mislintat found so he was also a director of football. You can say that both of them was partially directors of football. The head of recruitment has, since Mislintat left, become a powerless position comparable to the position Steve Rowley had under Wenger. Or do you claim that Cagigao have the same amount of power that Mislintat had last summer? The power that the german had will go to Edu but he hasnt arrived yet.

Sven Mislintat was the head of recruitment, not director of football. There's more to a director of football than finding players. The closest thing to a director of football will actually be Edu's job as technical director. Edu will have far more power than Sven Mislintat because his job will be far more wide-reaching. Edu will not only be overseeing the scouting network, but will be taking on some of the duties that Gazidis had as well as duties supporting the manager and acting as a go-between. Last summer, nobody had any real power but Gazidis.

Cagigao is currently the acting head of recruitment. He'll apparently be named to the post on a permanent basis once Edu is officially on board. He will report to Edu (and ultimately Sanllehi), just as Mislintat reported to Gazidis. There will be some structural changes with the introduction of a technical director (who could just as easily be called a director of football -- it's often semantics), but Cagigao will be doing basically the same job. He will have no more power than Mislintat, which is basically to say none in the end (there's a difference between influence and power). He'll have his say and be part of the decision making team, just like Sven, but he won't have any actual power because he's not the boss. Just like Sven.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Two fullbacks over 100k! Crazy deals. :lol:

Probably only a couple of fullbacks in world football worth that & our defence is absolutely ****.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
There's more to a director of football than finding players.

I know. Thats why i claimed that Mislintat was partially director of football.

The closest thing to a director of football will actually be Edu's job as technical director. Edu will have far more power than Sven Mislintat because his job will be far more wide-reaching. Edu will not only be overseeing the scouting network, but will be taking on some of the duties that Gazidis had as well as duties supporting the manager and acting as a go-between. Last summer, nobody had any real power but Gazidis.

Mislintat was involved in the recruitment of Emery with Sanllehi and Gazidis so i dont think he was as powerless as you seem to think.

Cagigao is currently the acting head of recruitment. He'll apparently be named to the post on a permanent basis once Edu is officially on board. He will report to Edu (and ultimately Sanllehi), just as Mislintat reported to Gazidis. There will be some structural changes with the introduction of a technical director (who could just as easily be called a director of football -- it's often semantics), but Cagigao will be doing basically the same job. He will have no more power than Mislintat, which is basically to say none in the end. He'll have his say and be part of the decision making team, just like Sven, but he won't have any actual power because he's not the boss. Just like Sven.

I never said that Mislintat was the boss that Gazidis and Sanllehi worked under, i said that he was partially director of football. Has it been confirmed that Cagigao is the head of the recruitment now btw?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Mislintat was involved in the recruitment of Emery with Sanllehi and Gazidis so i dont think he was as powerless as you seem to think.

Obviously Sven was involved in recruitment as head of recruitment. Cagigao will be part of the decision making team along with Edu and Emery working under Sanllehi (just as they worked under Gazidis). Sven had influence. That's different from power. The new head of recruitment will have influence as well (as does Cagigao as acting head of recruitment right now). It doesn't make either a director of football or even a co-director. They can't actually bring in players on their own. They can only recommend.

Has it been confirmed that Cagigao is the head of the recruitment now btw?

It's been confirmed that he's doing the job of head of recruitment now and reported that he will be named to the post permanently after Edu is on board (they want to announce that first, or at least at the same time).

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Im sure that normal most fullbacks in top 6 are over 100K a week
Is there really a team that pays more than us on RB/LB.

Sp**s/ Liverpool seems to be less. Even Walker round that figure after a monster move... his new deal rumored to be raised to 140k after the title wins. Shaw granted on a crazy amount.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s/ Liverpool seems to be less. Even Walker round that figure after a monster move... his new deal rumored to be raised to 140k after the title wins. Shaw granted on a crazy amount.
I think it happen to us because kola was free signing and bellerin us very talented RB we can't risk lose him im I think TAA and Robertson earn much less but they yet to sign new contracts

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Supposedly Liverpool as paying Robertson £60,000 per week and Alexander-Arnold £50,000. They'll be paying them a lot more in the future. But keep in mind that Alexander-Arnold came through their academy and Robertson was a £9 million signing from newly-relegated Hull. Again, it comes down to Liverpool being smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom